Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by motintan
I think the one time adjustment will be interesting. I am not sure how far back they will go with the BIS instead of EQM. I flew a lot of first and business in the 90s and was Global Services the first two years of the program. I currently have 2.55M miles and was pushing for the 3MM mark. If I get 50% bonus for all those old flights and I get credit for a lot of lfying I did on SQ, I think I will end up very close to the 3MM and 1K for life. I see no way to claculate it precisely on my own, so I will have to trust them.
It says they will go back to the beginning of the program. I assume this means the beginning of Mileage Plus.

Starting in 2012, the program will be based on actual flight miles, however, we will make a one-time adjustment on the United side to boost everyone’s lifetime earnings to EQMs dating back to the beginning of the program
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1PMM; JetSmarter; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by zrs70
As it's Sep 26, we can now nominate our companion at

www.mileageplus.com/thanksamillion

Status won't take hold until 2012.
I just logged into that site, out of curiosity, even though I haven't crossed 1MM yet.

Here is the exact response, including grammatical errors:

! You cannot designate FF Number as you are not an Million Miler
Hmmm, I wonder who programmed that...
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR
Originally Posted by OtleyFlyer
I'm sort of assuming they'll only give what the program at the time said. So COS enhanced EQM from 2004 onwards. Personally I'm in the same position as you - flew C and lots of full fare Y in the 90s, but not expecting that to get recognised. I think it will be as simple as if you went back to the old paper statements and summed up all the year-to-date miles you get your total, without retrospectively adding COS bonuses to those numbers.
Does anyone know when did UA start to offer EQM bonuses for C and F tickets? I few a lot of C fares since 1989
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Does anyone know when did UA start to offer EQM bonuses for C and F tickets? I few a lot of C fares since 1989
I'm betting that anyone who flew the "now infamous" CNZ fares in 2007/2008 has likely forgotten that the full fare C to AKL will count for EQM's as well!! hahah
(props to wwbgd, by the way )
Dave
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I think that UAMP is going to have to go back to the beginning of the program (or, whenever COOP started doing it) for COS EQM, and possibly other EQM since that is when CO started. I'm thinking that based on the last decade of my 1K runs, many years with DEQM I had about 30K a YEAR, plus 5000 CC bonuses, plus I'm wonder about CHOICES EQM bonuses, which were towards ANNUAL targets, but I had a number of years I did 5000 CHOICES EQMS, that should add up.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:10 am

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
case study

OK, I admit that I have not read the 27 pages of previous posts on this MM topic.

Please attempt to predict what would happen in the following case study:

Current CO lifetime miles: 50,000

Current UA lifetime BIS: 1,250,000

Current UA total reward miles earned from beginning of MP: ESTIMATED to be 2,200,000

Total miles earned from hotels, rental cars, and credit cards: ESTIMATED 100,000

In the above case study, will UA's math be: 2,200,000 + 50,000 = 2,250,000 miles and award lifetime Platinum ststus?

Last edited by roberto99; Sep 26, 2011 at 11:21 am
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:21 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by ryman554
And I conclude slightly differently.

The reason: if you look at the "upgrade benefits" chart on united.com, it states that PPs get RPUs/CR1 and 1Ks get GPUs/SWU as a benefit. Full stop.

Now, we all know that PPs get them because of flying 75K in a year, and 1k's get them because of flying 100k in a year, as that's when they are now deposited.

HOWEVER, taken literally at face value, it is not an unreasonable conclusion that lifetime PPs/1Ks get their RPUs/GPUs as per their minimum status level, especially when you include Scott's cryptic "partner" benefit list.

At the very least, we need to hear straight from MP to be sure.
I don't think you can get any more clearer than this statement from UA Insider on the first post of this thread: "This spousal benefit will replace the one-time and annual upgrade gifts, and hopefully you’ll agree this is a better deal." The annual upgrade gifts will be gone as of next year and the last deposits will be 1/1/2012.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by roberto99
Please attempt to predict what would happen in the following case study:
Current CO lifetim miles: 50,000
* Presuming that they are EQM's then, I predict that you will be credited with 50,000 lifetime miles.

Current UA lifetime BIS: 1,250,000
* Presuming that they are EQM's then I predict you will be credited with 1.25 million lifetime miles.
Current UA total reward miles earned from beginning of MP: ESTIMATED to be 2,200,000
*Without an estimate of how many of these are EQMs not previously applied to your UA BIS totals for lifetime miles, it is my opinion that NO ONE can make a prediction.
Total miles earned from hotels, rental cars, and credit cards: ESTIMATED 100,000
*I predict that damm near ZERO of these are EQM's and thus will not be added to lifetime mileage balance.
In the above case study, will UA's math be: 2,200,000 + 50,000 = 2,250,000 miles and award lifetime Platinum ststus?
IMO, UA will award you Lifetime Gold status as you will have somewhere on the order of 1.3 million lifetime miles. IF your additional EQMs from COS bonus, DEQM bonuses, CC EQM bonuses add up to the "one time increase" of nearly 700,000 lifetime miles, THEN you would be awarded lifetime Plat.

I predict that you will be gold.

Dave
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:52 am

I assume TEQM will be included in the calculations if DEQM is? But we really don't know for sure that DEQM will be counted, do we?
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JetAway
I assume TEQM will be included in the calculations if DEQM is? But we really don't know for sure that DEQM will be counted, do we?
We absolutely know. Short answer is any UA EQM counts... long answer is read this thread or the UA site.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Fully agree, unless I do not call it a game as I have spent a huge amount of $$$s and business to UA!

Yes, 30+ years of loyalty should be honored by keeping what was promised for life!
SWU were never promised for life.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 26, 2011 at 3:06 pm Reason: merge
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
If UA wants to have a over the top marketing PR bonanza they should let us know where we are now for the bump. You know UA has an idea already. That would really get people thinking and flying. Since the changes were announced which I view as mostly positive I've booked 7 UA RT flights and probably have 38k EQM in place for 2012. I'm looking forward to GS and passing thru 3MM quickly.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
My MP History Dump shows a 50% Fare class bonus for a FC trip that I took in 1986 on AF.

Originally Posted by wilp888
I don't think you can get any more clearer than this statement from UA Insider on the first post of this thread: "This spousal benefit will replace the one-time and annual upgrade gifts, and hopefully you’ll agree this is a better deal." The annual upgrade gifts will be gone as of next year and the last deposits will be 1/1/2012.
And I interpret this to mean that only the CR1's (that was really the only annual gift that MM'er got in the past) will be taken away. 1K 's were awarded 6 SWU's in the past for achieving that level of flying and those awards will not be eliminated. The spouse will not be awarded SWU's by virtue of being named a companion.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
We absolutely know. Short answer is any UA EQM counts... long answer is read this thread or the UA site.
No, we do NOT "absolutely" know. The website, which I consider the official "word" only refers to "both base EQM and bonus EQM." DEQM and TEQM are not specifically mentioned and could be considered promotional EQM and not "bonus" EQM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
And I interpret this to mean that only the CR1's (that was really the only annual gift that MM'er got in the past) will be taken away. 1K 's were awarded 6 SWU's in the past for achieving that level of flying and those awards will not be eliminated. The spouse will not be awarded SWU's by virtue of being named a companion.
If you had read my post, I was replying to the speculation that million milers would get the upgrade awards of their status level even if they had not flown the required miles. I was not commenting on the upgrade awards that one earn from flying the required mileage. Nobody said that the SWUs would be eliminated.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by motintan
I think the one time adjustment will be interesting. I am not sure how far back they will go with the BIS instead of EQM. I flew a lot of first and business in the 90s and was Global Services the first two years of the program. I currently have 2.55M miles and was pushing for the 3MM mark. If I get 50% bonus for all those old flights and I get credit for a lot of lfying I did on SQ, I think I will end up very close to the 3MM and 1K for life. I see no way to claculate it precisely on my own, so I will have to trust them.
Agree! It is just too complicated to determine it accurately...Just for kicks, I went through my "data purge" and counted the number of F and C flights I have taken since 1983...the number was north of 800 and most were transcons and international flights...so I "think" my adjustment will be in the 500-600K range...but who knows? If I am correct, I will pass the 4MM mark and GS for life will be nice!! Doing all of those LAX-IAD trips on DC-10s and DC-8s in the early days might pay off...at least I got fed well on those flights!

Last edited by 1KPath; Sep 26, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.