Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
deleted
Print Wikipost

CO/UA Million Mile (and Beyond) Flyer Benefits, Effective Spring 2012

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA,AF,BA
Windfall

For me this is great. Much better than I'd thought. Amazing. I get bumped up to *G for life, as does my wife, and with the roll up up the old UA miles then I'm in striking distance (2014?) of the 2MM.

Nice - I've re-read the fine print twice and all seems to be ok.

I take back everything I said about the merger, and definitely wont mention again them cancelling my flight home from Denver because of a UA/CO computer mix-up.

Regards, T.
p.s. I've seen some grumbling posts about "singles". Nothing in the rules says you can't designate someone as your spouse that year, and change the next. Just need the same street address. That might make you more attractive, certainly not less, to a potential companion de jour.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA,AF,BA
Ok, just found a possible negative

Been re-reading again....

Under the old rules, the spouse got your level *plus* any extra you got for a particular year.

Is that the same? Or if I get 1K is she stuck at *G ?

Regards, T
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:34 pm

Just got back to see your message.
Hit 2MM end of 08. Got the iPod - in 09. Paid for RCC in 09, 10 and in 11.
This years MP card says IK MM (doesn't say 2MM) and RCC.
Wrote to IK customer service this afternoon. Waiting to see what they say.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriot Gold
MM Status

SO, my Eastern Airline EQM, which where transferred to the CO program, are now counting towards UA MM status? Sweet

I have about 500k BIS on UA, 200k Lifetime on CO. Did a lot of Lufthansa and other partners in the last 20 years, I will get at least MM, I hope 2MM or close. Wish I knew before the end of the year, maybe worth some EQM mileage runs, as after 1/1/2012 it seems only BIS miles will count.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by tunneller
Been re-reading again....

Under the old rules, the spouse got your level *plus* any extra you got for a particular year.

Is that the same? Or if I get 1K is she stuck at *G ?

Regards, T
If you get 1K, she will get 1K: "Million milers will be able to designate a spouse or significant other to always have the same premier tier as them (this includes when the million miler member earns a higher tier)."
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by tunneller
p.s. I've seen some grumbling posts about "singles". Nothing in the rules says you can't designate someone as your spouse that year, and change the next. Just need the same street address. That might make you more attractive, certainly not less, to a potential companion de jour.
You forget one important fact: whiners will always be whiners. There will be nothing that UACO can do to please them.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:47 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K/MM, VA Gold, DL Gold
2MM and RCC life membership

Whats not clear to me is that I will pass 2MM with UA between now and the end of the year. Is it clear if I'll get the Lifetime RCC benefit (one of the reasons I booked a few UA flights).
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wimpypipsqueak
Whats not clear to me is that I will pass 2MM with UA between now and the end of the year. Is it clear if I'll get the Lifetime RCC benefit (one of the reasons I booked a few UA flights).
Yes, it's clear, you'll get grandfathered
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
You forget one important fact: whiners will always be whiners. There will be nothing that UACO can do to please them.
nice... we have two 1k mm in our household. explain how that is whining and how the spouse/so/partner offer is a benefit to us. try to keep up...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by UA Insider
[*]Million milers will be able to designate a spouse or significant other to always have the same premier tier as them (this includes when the million miler member earns a higher tier). The spousal premier benefits will be identical as the member, except they will not include RPUs and GPUs.
I don't understand. Unless the MMer benefit includes annual RPUs and GPUs (and all indications are that this benefit is lost), then you must be referring to RPUs and GPUs earned starting with 75K EQMs and 100K EQMs, respectively. Why would a spousal MMer premier who flies 75K EQMs not get RPUs, and why would a spousal MMer premier who flies 100K EQMs not get GPUs? That's bizarre.

Last edited by mre5765; Sep 22, 2011 at 8:38 pm
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mre5765
I don't understand. Unless the MMer benefit includes annual RPUs and GPUs (and all indications are that this benefit is lost), then you must be referring to RPUs and GPUs earned starting with 75K EQMs and 100K EQMs, respectively. Why would a spousal MMer premier who flies 75K EQMs not get RPUs, and why would a spousal MMer premier who flies 100K EQMs not get GPUs? That's bizarre.
I think you are over thinking this.

Say a MM 1K signs up their Plat spouse/companion, the spouse would be 1K but if they reach 75,001 EQMs they will on their own earn 2 RPUs (but would not get 6 GPUs as an 1K). I see no indication the actual earnings of the spouse would be ignored --- it is just the gifted status itself does not include RPU/GPUs.
Any other interpretation is bizarre.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I think you are over thinking this.

Say a MM 1K signs up their Plat spouse/companion, the spouse would be 1K but if they reach 75,001 EQMs they will on their own earn 2 RPUs (but would not get 6 GPUs as an 1K). I see no indication the actual earnings of the spouse would be ignored --- it is just the gifted status itself does not include RPU/GPUs.
Any other interpretation is bizarre.
You are missing the point.

As of the previous M+ devaluation, 1Ks don't get 6 GPUs either. However M+ members (including GMs) get 6 GPUs for flying 100K EQMs. This means that 1Ks for life ceased to get 6 GPUs every January 1.

Similarly, the previous M+ devaluation took away 2 RPUs every quarter when 10K bis was flown. Now you get RPUs once you (any M+ member, premier or not) fly 75K EQMs.

So what are these GPUs and RPUs that spousal premier MMers don't get? Because the spouse's spouse sure aint gettin em.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2.3M Lifetime, Mariott Plat for life
Originally Posted by UA Insider
2 million = Premier Platinum,
Scott O’Leary
Hi Scott:
I'm really disappointed by the loss of the RCC access at 2M miles. This has been a huge incentive for me to stay with UA as I'm at 1.7M miles. Simply stated, I've flown UA when other airlines were more convenient because of this promised benefit. And now it's gone? Appreciate your comments, dave
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by dasams
Hi Scott:
I'm really disappointed by the loss of the RCC access at 2M miles. This has been a huge incentive for me to stay with UA as I'm at 1.7M miles. Simply stated, I've flown UA when other airlines were more convenient because of this promised benefit. And now it's gone? Appreciate your comments, dave
I echo the thoughts on this. I am in the exact same position as you. I will end the year with about 1.75 million UA BIS, and the only reason I flew as much on UA was for the lifetime RCC membership since passing 1 MM mark.

I hope UA could reconsider the lifetime RCC benefits.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 2:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The shame is that at 3MM and 1K for life, all you get is a higher upgrade priority. Without 100k miles a year there will be no SWU's. This I was pointing out some months ago. Time for an email - although I doubt it will do any good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.