Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Merger Update: 2012 MileagePlus Program Details

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merger Update: 2012 MileagePlus Program Details

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by unavaca
Anyone know what the award penalty fees will be for Premier Platinums? Will there still be free routing change and re-deposit?
The answer is in this thread... you just have to sift through the previous 1500 posts to find it!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I can empathize with the reduction of 2P benefits, but I can in no way see how UA is "elevating" its top-tier experience. 1Ks have been seeing benefits erode for some time now. Hopefully, the hemorrhaging is over for a bit....but I would not bank on it.

UA is proving surprisingly adept at alienating all of its elite tiers, except maybe GS. The game continues on....
+1
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
The answer is in this thread... you just have to sift through the previous 1500 posts to find it!
http://onepassmergerupdates.com/en/o...2MPStatusChart
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:09 pm

What is current PMUA upgrade hierarchy?

Originally Posted by UA Insider
New CPU hierarchy. Our CPU/airport standby upgrade hierarchy will be as follows:
  • Global Services
  • Y/B/M instant upgrades that werent confirmed in advance (sorted by fare class then premier tier)
  • Paid upgrades (i.e. GPUs, RPUs and mileage upgrades) sorted by status, fare class, and date of waitlist
  • All remaining premier customers by status, then fare class
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Hiro32
What is current PMUA upgrade hierarchy?
Status>Fare>Time on the list

CR1s/SWUs/Miles do not have priority over UDU.

imho, the way it should be.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

So within UDU window there is no reason to use CR1s/SWUs/Miles, right?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Hiro32
So within UDU window there is no reason to use CR1s/SWUs/Miles, right?
Pretty much. Under PMUA rules, using an instrument won't do anything inside the UDU window.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Can we please get some clarification on the continuation of the Amtrak / United Partnership; specifically in regards to Select Plus Access to Presidents Club Lounges (now United Clubs?)

I have tried accessing several former RCCs that have been rebranded United Clubs and have had mixed results in obtaining access. Continental had reciprocal access for Presidents Club Lounges / ClubAcela and I would like to see that benefit officially extended to the full United Club network.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by roder
Can we please get some clarification on the continuation of the Amtrak / United Partnership; specifically in regards to Select Plus Access to Presidents Club Lounges (now United Clubs?)

I have tried accessing several former RCCs that have been rebranded United Clubs and have had mixed results in obtaining access. Continental had reciprocal access for Presidents Club Lounges / ClubAcela and I would like to see that benefit officially extended to the full United Club network.
... and I would love to keep access to ClubAcela lounges!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by edcho
... and I would love to keep access to ClubAcela lounges!

+1 to that, the ClubAcela in NYP is a heck of a lot better then sitting in the waiting room or even standing around in the main area.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:56 am

Pretty much. Under PMUA rules, using an instrument won't do anything inside the UDU window.
Agree. And the story is different with CO. I was downgrded (first time ever with UA and CO) last week on a CO transcon flight (aircraft type 753). The gate agent, a very experienced one, paged me before boarding and told me that I was the only one in first class EUAed. F was overbooked by one and a UA 1K flyer with SWU support got my original seat. She did provide me a voucher for $250 as a compensation without my request.

Last edited by AirTravelLover; Oct 14, 2011 at 1:23 am
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AirTravelLover
Agree. And the story is different with CO. I was downgrded (first time ever with UA and CO) last week on a CO transcon flight (aircraft type 753). The gate agent, a very experienced one, paged me before boarding and told me that I was the only one in first class EUAed. F was overbooked by one and a UA 1K flyer with SWU support got my original seat. She did provide me a voucher for $250 as a compensation without my request.
This happened to me on DL a few weeks ago, and a $50 compensation was offered. And I was traveling on a confirmed F seat paid for using miles. So it could be worse.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:29 pm

Premier Executive (Gold) Benefits Reduced! Reply from UA

We’re always glad to hear from Premier Executive members like you. Thanks for writing.

I apologize, but much planning and thought went into the 2012 MileagePlus program, including the changes. While I understand you are unhappy with the change in Elite bonus miles, you must understand that in any merger such as we are making with Continental, change is going to happen. The change in Elite bonus miles across the different levels of Premier status is consistent with the requirements to earn the particular status level. For example, it requires 50,000 Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) to reach Premier Gold, and for that level, you earn 50% Premier Bonus Award Miles. Your comment regarding not being notified is not entirely correct. The changes were announced during the third week of September and do not take effect until March, 2012, so almost six months notice was provided. There is no plan to change the announced program policies for 2012.

I appreciate you taking the time to contact me.

XXXX XXXX

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 15, 2011 at 6:13 am Reason: per policy
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA MM

If I'm understanding you correctly...

Then I must disagree. If I've earned an upgrade instrument and I wish to redeem it, a CR1 or SWU should take priority over an UDU.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
Originally Posted by NayakNayak
Were always glad to hear from Premier Executive members like you. Thanks for writing.

I apologize, but much planning and thought went into the 2012 MileagePlus program, including the changes. While I understand you are unhappy with the change in Elite bonus miles, you must understand that in any merger such as we are making with Continental, change is going to happen. The change in Elite bonus miles across the different levels of Premier status is consistent with the requirements to earn the particular status level. For example, it requires 50,000 Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) to reach Premier Gold, and for that level, you earn 50% Premier Bonus Award Miles. Your comment regarding not being notified is not entirely correct. The changes were announced during the third week of September and do not take effect until March, 2012, so almost six months notice was provided. There is no plan to change the announced program policies for 2012.
Someone doesn't get it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.