Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 12:52 pm

I don't think there is a reason for panic. I was neatly registered (with a confirmation e-mail and a sensical offer), which the CS rep confirmed over the phone. The reason why this isn't showing in "My Promotions" is that not all promotions (such as this one) are always listed on that site.

On a different matter, I too haven't gotten any new postings to my account last week, not even for dining, which usually posts within two days tops. Luckily, we can request these miles after only 10 days. Of course, this all falls down the drain if the 10$ minimum gets imposed on dining transactions.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by BryanIAH
Sam's removed $10 GCs from their website, the minimum is now $15.
yes, this was around 11am EST.

And good luck trying to contact them about it:

888-746-7726 x3 x2 x5

I was going to tell them I was running a promo for a small start up and wanted to order all these GCs but then suddenly everything changed price on me mid stream! I even bought some more expensive ones without looking. grrr.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nuther bit about rego

today I did decide to call MP and ask if I was registered. I knew I was--I got the post card and the email stating I had registered but I wanted to make sure.

Did the call like an earlier post suggested and got a gal from the Philippians... She had no clue what I was talking about at first but then she got it... she asked if there was a promo code. She then asked if I did the QR Scan on the post card. I actually had, but did not do anything with it once the mall page popped up on my Droid because the text on those things is way too small for some stuff. I just registered online instead. (I did not remember my UA Mall log in at the time anyway)

She had me on hold for 15 minutes and came back to tell me I am registered for 3x=1000 as I had known, and the code is: MPM571.
She then mentioned some other thing she said I am registered for: MPGH40.

I know I did just register for that half mil sweepstakes thing too but whatever.

Anyway I thought I would just update you all on this stuff
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA, AA
cash in gift cards

If I understand correctly, you can cash-in gift cards in California. Do you have to live in California (= CA driver's license, maybe?) or you can just visit California to cash-in?
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nydad
If I understand correctly, you can cash-in gift cards in California. Do you have to live in California (= CA driver's license, maybe?) or you can just visit California to cash-in?
see, that's what I'm talkin' bout... a LAX or SAN or SFO DO! hahahahaha
complete with hotels located NEAR shopping plazas
complete with links on how to best build an MR to Cali.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:43 pm

So, has anyone definitely had a $10 GC purchase from HD post to their transactions list on MPS?

I'm 2+ weeks past my first purchases now with nothing showing up on my transactions list.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by gt5309a
There's been a lot of debate about whether the $10 minimum applies to Dining. I believe it does apply. I emailed United (see post #572). They said the $10 minimum does apply to dining. I emailed again and someone else said the same thing.

I understand that a few people have got it in writing that the minimum does not apply. If you don't have it in writing, I think you're going to be out of luck when all is said and done. I'm sure United didn't expect people to be making 100's of $1+ transaction. With the ambiguity of the T&C's, they can easily say that dining partners are considered retail partners, and that the $10 min applies.

Just my two cents.
Not sure I agree because here is the wording on the TCs as it applies to retail.

"8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer."

The above is worded more specifically for retail shopping transactions. Dining doesn't have "shipping fees". Also, typically with dining the entire charge applies in promos i.e. taxes, tips, etc. I think it specifically applies to retail.

Just my 2c worth
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: No Longer Anything
Originally Posted by Happy
Does your family member see his/her promotion listed under My Promotion page on UA website?

Does your own account shows the promotion listed under My Promotion when you log in?

Until that shows up, his MP account is not considered eligible for this promo - Invite / Registration emails do not matter.

See my lengthy post above on what I have found out this morning. I sure hope those of you who have already spent a ton on this promo (and not live in CA) would see your offers online in My Promotion. Else you may be in a heck of a fight to get this sort out later.
? I was responding to you re: minimum $10 spend for Dining. Not whether we are registered or not. I don't know of a single person who has this show up under My Promotions. Maybe I missed it. I do NOT think it has to be there for the promo to be in place. Yes, alot of people are getting screwy information, but that doesn't mean it's failed for everyone.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:22 pm

I got the 3/1000 offer and it clearly shows in "MY PROMOTIONS" link as shown above.

I've not had anything post to my account since Sep. 2nd when they all went confirmed and posted to my account.

I've made 60 + purchases the past 5 days and none of them show up as of typing this.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by scottish_colin
So, has anyone definitely had a $10 GC purchase from HD post to their transactions list on MPS?

I'm 2+ weeks past my first purchases now with nothing showing up on my transactions list.
Yes. I purchased one 8/25. It posted as "pending" on 8/26 and "Confirmed" on 9/2 with miles deposited in my account.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by bandit2011
I got the 3/1000 offer and it clearly shows in "MY PROMOTIONS" link as shown above.
I just did the same thing, using the link someone posted a bit back, and it gave me the exact same screen shot as you. I see what you mean when you say it is under "My Promotions." However, if I just log into the MP account on UA.com, then go under "My Promotions" there ... it doesn't have anything.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
Originally Posted by JenGal
I just did the same thing, using the link someone posted a bit back, and it gave me the exact same screen shot as you. I see what you mean when you say it is under "My Promotions." However, if I just log into the MP account on UA.com, then go under "My Promotions" there ... it doesn't have anything.
Can you please post the link you used.
I got promotion e-mail, registered for the promotion and got confirmation e-mail. It doesn't show up under "My Promotions" after logging into MP account.
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by JenGal
Same here!
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by ayya
Can you please post the link you used.
I got promotion e-mail, registered for the promotion and got confirmation e-mail. It doesn't show up under "My Promotions" after logging into MP account.

http://www.united.com/monthsofmiles
Old Sep 6, 2011, 2:57 pm

Data points:

Sam's club: Sam's sent me a bunch of shipping and activation emails, BUT still no activation for GC's received last week. I got a hold of someone at their customer support line and they've opened a ticket for me. At this point I'm just holding on to worthless pieces of plastic!

Registration: Called tech support as Happy suggested, twice. Both time calls went to India. First call, the rep couldn't find any promotion and put me on hold and called MP customer service, and then confirmed enrollment. Second call, rep couldn't find any promotion and couldn't find the Months of Miles promotion generally. So calling tech support seems to be a dead end.

I'm of the viewpoint that if I go to the website and it says "keep earning" like the screenshot above, AND I have an email confirmation addressed personally to me, with MY MP number on it, that says I am registered and gives the T/C of the promotion, AND 3 separate phone calls to MP all yield the same "yes, you are registered as of 8/16", that United has made me an offer and I have accepted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.