Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
8/8/14 Here's the "fine print" regarding those who have received a bonus from this product in the past:

I understand that any new cardmember bonus offers for this product are not available to either current or previous cardmembers of this product who received a new cardmember bonus for this product in the last 24 months.
I understand that the terms of my account, including the APRs, are subject to change. Any such changes will be made in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement.

If you received the bonus >24 months ago you are eligible to apply. Doesn't matter when you closed the card.

Major Benefits (post-June 2018)
  • Free first checked a bag - The primary Cardmember and one companion traveling on the same reservation will each receive their first standard checked bag free on United-operated flights when the primary Cardmember includes their MileagePlus number in their reservation and purchases their tickets from United with their United MileagePlus Explorer Card. For complete details, please visit united.com/chasebag .
  • Priority boarding - Primary Cardmembers and their companions on the same reservation will be invited to board United-operated flights prior to general boarding. (BG2)
  • No fees on foreign transactions
  • 2 United ClubSM passes each year for your travel
  • Access to XN expanded Economy Saver award inventory (not a published benefit)
  • Chip-enabled Card provides added security
  • Earn 2 miles per $1 spent on tickets purchased from United.
  • Earn 2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotels (NEW)
  • Earn 1 mile per $1 spent - You'll earn 1 mile for each $1 spent on all other purchases.
  • Miles don't expire as long as your credit card account remains open - Your miles don't expire as long as you are a Cardmember, with no limit to the number of miles you can earn. UA miles not longer expire
  • Any seat, any time, on United-operated flights - Primary Cardmembers can use their miles to book any available seat, any time, on United-operated flights when they redeem
  • CPU award ticket eligibility for primary cardholder (only) if MP elite
  • Carryon bag allowed with Boarding Group 2 even if Basic Economy ticket
  • 25% statement credit "rebate" on purchases of food, beverages, and wifi on United-operated flights (NEW)
  • Global Entry / Pre-application statement credit rebate up to $100 once every four years. (NEW)

Cuts as of June 2018Purchase Price Protection - removed
Return Protection - removed
Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance - reduced

10,000 bonus miles for $25K spend will no longer be available after May 31, 2018.Those who spend $10,000-$24,999 by May 31 will receive 4,000 bonus miles this year only.

New benefits2 miles per $1 spent at restaurants and hotels
25% statement credit "rebate" on purchases of food, beverages, and wifi on United-operated flights
Global Entry / Pre-application statement credit rebate up to $100 once every four years.
Print Wikipost

Chase MP Explorer Card (Q&A, Benefits, Bonuses, Discussion, ....)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
TYVM!!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:40 pm

Anniversary date

Is there a way to look up your anniversary date or can I call United or Chase? Seems like I haven't received passes for a while and I have a trip planned for late this year. Would be nice to know if I'll getting new passes before then. Thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zitsky
Is there a way to look up your anniversary date or can I call United or Chase? Seems like I haven't received passes for a while and I have a trip planned for late this year. Would be nice to know if I'll getting new passes before then. Thanks!
Should be able to look through your statements for when the $95 fee was last assessed?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Supposedly the passes are going digital this year. I hope they're still transferable, as they're worthless for me with UC membership.

I'm sure if you call the Chase number on your card they can tell you right away.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:41 pm

Yep. Lazy and just trying to do this online. I'll call. I have lots of activity so finding one $95 charge is not easy.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by zitsky
Yep. Lazy and just trying to do this online. I'll call. I have lots of activity so finding one $95 charge is not easy.
customer Service will tell you in two seconds, and even sent me additional passes last year when mine did not arrive in the mail. Very user-friendly! Call Chase
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

customer Service will tell you in two seconds, and even sent me additional passes last year when mine did not arrive in the mail. Very user-friendly! Call Chase
Two seconds, that's like forever, LOL.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Supposedly the passes are going digital this year. I hope they're still transferable, as they're worthless for me with UC membership.

I'm sure if you call the Chase number on your card they can tell you right away.
i've read that you're able to print out the digital passes and your guest can use them (each one has a unique barcode) so gifting is entirely possible
Kacee likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
When I re-acquired the card in December of last year, I got two digital passes only. I wouldn't be sure how to share them, but it sounds like you can print them out.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine

i've read that you're able to print out the digital passes and your guest can use them (each one has a unique barcode) so gifting is entirely possible
Yes, they are digital now. They appear in the app. They also go to your email address for printing. I have printed them for family members to use with no issue.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: Former UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Free baggage - credit to Asiana?

I understand you have to purchase the ticket with the card and credit the flight to United FF program. Can I change to Asiana at check-in or at the gate and retain the free baggage benefit?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Explore SE Asia
I understand you have to purchase the ticket with the card and credit the flight to United FF program. Can I change to Asiana at check-in or at the gate and retain the free baggage benefit?
Not sure how you plan to change carriers at the gate? Or plan to avoid the ticket change fee.

If you change prior to checking bags, you will be sent to OZ for bag check and OZ will not recognize the credit card bag fee waiver.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Not sure how you plan to change carriers at the gate? Or plan to avoid the ticket change fee.

If you change prior to checking bags, you will be sent to OZ for bag check and OZ will not recognize the credit card bag fee waiver.
I believe the OP wants to credit to Asiana while getting the free bag benefit with the UA mileage plus number which you should be able to do at the gate and asking to change the FF number after checking the bag.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by VWang1111
I believe the OP wants to credit to Asiana while getting the free bag benefit with the UA mileage plus number which you should be able to do at the gate and asking to change the FF number after checking the bag.
Duh, I think you are right -- for some reason I read it different

And yes, as you wrote, changing the credited program post check-in would achieve that.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ct-merged.html
Old Apr 7, 2018, 10:03 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
MP Explorer VISA card benefits changes for 2018 (some cuts, some additions)

Per this TPG article, there are some benefits being eliminated/reduced starting 01-June-2018. I don't suppose they would "grandfather in" somebody with an account that just renewed a month or so ago? (rhetorical question)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.