Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by altyrocket
How do I contact UA Insider if it is deemed appropriate ?
[email protected]
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: UA, BAEC, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver.
Originally Posted by CHIC SILBER
I believe that both of Scott's E addresses still function

Not so sure about Shannon

This should go to the Elite Desk for now
Thanks for the suggestion of the Elite Desk, as a non elite does this suggestion apply ?
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:34 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by altyrocket
I have an ongoing issue in that I cannot transfer miles from MP to OP. .....
In the short-term you should be able to call the MPSC or OPSC and ask for a manual transfer for miles. Miles will be consolidated into the new MP account post 3 March.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Web Site

Hello,

I realize the combined airline website will be United.com, but which legacy web site will run in the background (hoping for continental.com)?

If I lose the continental.com award search functionality I am toast. United.com award search is terrible.

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: OnePass Infinite CO MM, PC Charter Lifer SkyMiles GM, MileagePlus
Most Likely CO Style

Originally Posted by spgaston
Hello,

I realize the combined airline website will be United.com, but which legacy web site will run in the background (hoping for continental.com)?

If I lose the continental.com award search functionality I am toast. United.com award search is terrible.

Thanks
All indications show that the CO format will be relabled

Most folks I know seem to agree with you
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:40 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by spgaston
Hello,

Thanks
You should like update provided for The future of united.com
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I'm a bit confused about some upcoming scheduling on UA/CO. I'm planning a trip to SFO, and on the return on 5/6/2012, a redeye from SFO-IAD, I see 2 flights, at exactly the same time (11:05 pm - 7:04 am), supposedly one operated by UA and one operated by CO:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...Flight=50&FLN=

The flights do show up independently in search results (i.e. CO1124 has availability in XY, but UA343 does not), but I find it hard to believe that they'd operate to flights at exactly the same time. Any thoughts/insight into this?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by tmm1012
I'm a bit confused about some upcoming scheduling on UA/CO. I'm planning a trip to SFO, and on the return on 5/6/2012, a redeye from SFO-IAD, I see 2 flights, at exactly the same time (11:05 pm - 7:04 am), supposedly one operated by UA and one operated by CO:

http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...Flight=50&FLN=

The flights do show up independently in search results (i.e. CO1124 has availability in XY, but UA343 does not), but I find it hard to believe that they'd operate to flights at exactly the same time. Any thoughts/insight into this?
A lot of people have been pointing this out recently. Looks like a bug.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Hubby and I booked a flight for next weekend on a route that UA flies but CO doesn't. We booked on United.com.

We got two PNRs back: one UA, one CO. That wasn't true for a flight we booked a couple of weeks ago. I figured it's duplicating items in different res systems, but wasn't sure.

Anyone know the correct answer?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:25 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
It may be a duplicating glitch but are any of your flights operated by Continental? There are some Continental flights operating on routes historically served by UA, such as ORD to SFO. If that's the case, you'll likely get two PNRs, one for UA, one for CO.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
It may be a duplicating glitch but are any of your flights operated by Continental? There are some Continental flights operating on routes historically served by UA, such as ORD to SFO. If that's the case, you'll likely get two PNRs, one for UA, one for CO.
I'm constantly getting 2 PNRs, even when all travel is booked through UA and all flights are on UA metal
Old Feb 6, 2012, 1:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by joshwex90
I'm constantly getting 2 PNRs, even when all travel is booked through UA and all flights are on UA metal
I believe they are duplicating all (or nearly all) the reservations in SHARES these days to facilitate the PSS cutover.
Originally Posted by CHIC SILBER
All indications show that the CO format will be relabled
Not just "indications" but formal public announcements. It is official. The co.com site will be rebranded in a few weeks and the underlying functionality will be the future of the combined carrier.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
In this case, SFO-IAD would historically have been served by UA. I haven't actually booked this yet, and am trying to match up a paid fare with an award fare for 2 of us to travel. All other segments are operated by UA, and the tentative award reservation (not ticketed yet) shows XY availability on 11:05 pm SFO-IAD CO1124, but no XY availability on 11:05 pm SFO-IAD UA343.

When I try to match up a paid fare (L class), it pulls up UA343 for the flights to purchase. By manually searching multi-city by schedule, I am able to force .bomb to sell me CO1124, but I'm hoping to use UA VDB vouchers where it's supposed to only be valid on UA-operated flights. I have some UA angels at my local airport who can probably take care of ticketing it on the CO flight number just in case (so it matches up with the award reservation), but I figured I'd ask here first.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:28 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
All of my UA-only metal itins. booked only through united.com through March, including some recent bookings, show only a UA PNR. However, when i was rebooked last Fri. due to the DEN weather waiver, from a pure UA-operated itin. to a "mixed metal" itin. (a CO segment connecting to a UA segment), I got both UA and CO PNRs.

Having the dual PNRs allowed me to do OLCI on either UA or CO's systems and permitted CSRs of both airlines to access my full itinerary.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA: 1K, HH: Diamond
Not so far as I'm aware. Route is SFO-MMH, which is historically UA only. It's a UAX/Skywest route, though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.