Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
how do I make sure the trip gets credited to my UA account and not the CO number. Help is greatly appreciated
Call UA. Have them remove the CO number and make sure that only the UA number is in the reservation. You can also do this at the airport but taking care of it in advance is probably easier.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:40 pm

What's better? Combining United miles into CO or vv?

Hi - I have about 60K miles in United and 25K in CO. So maybe it's not that big a deal, but in consolidating, they ask me which way to merge, and I wonder if there's a benefit one way or the other?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Welcome to FT!, roguetraveler

Originally Posted by roguetraveler
Hi - I have about 60K miles in United and 25K in CO. So maybe it's not that big a deal, but in consolidating, they ask me which way to merge, and I wonder if there's a benefit one way or the other?
actually they are not asking you to merge your accounts (yet). The only question at this time is which account do you want upgrade certs posted (if you earn any).

For now you can move redeemable miles between acccounts at any time.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 3:58 pm

Programs: CO Plat, PPlus
Likely covered somewhere in the billion pages, but I couldn't find a keyword combo to get results:

I previously flew exclusively CO, linked accounts in June, booked everything on CO until recently and everything posted to my OP account. I made a trip on all UA the other day and it posted to my MP account. Is there anything I need to do to combine those EQMs/RDMs or will it happen automatically in the near-future?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by browncow
...I previously flew exclusively CO, linked accounts in June, booked everything on CO until recently and everything posted to my OP account. I made a trip on all UA the other day and it posted to my MP account. Is there anything I need to do to combine those EQMs/RDMs or will it happen automatically in the near-future?
If you linked accounts, it will happen automatically -- the EQMs will stay in the separate accounts but any change in status or status for next year will happen automatically
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:13 am

Priority boarding with CO OnePass credit card

Very noob question, but I called CO and they transferred me to UA's hotline, but UA's customer rep has no idea either..

I am a cardholder of the OnePass card and have a flight coming back from HKG-SFO flying coach on a reward ticket. How does priority boarding as a onepass cardholder work? Do I show the agent at check in my onepass card to get priority boarding? Or do I need to call UA in advance? thanks for your help!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
I can't even belive that UA is not going to make good on the 2 Regional Upgrades to existing MMs. The arrogance of that is unbelievable. The last company I worked for had a president that was arrogant like that - I remember having a file of quotes that were sent to customers offering x number of free items when y number was purchased, he then changed his mind and said we weren't going to honor any of those written quotes which were signed by an officer of the company. That company is on the verge of going out of business, luckily I no longer work there.

How many MM on United can there really be. Giving us 2 Regionals per year is really that big of a deal. Just crazy.

I still have hope that somebody will realize the mistake they are making and honor their promise.

I have no idea how this ended up in this thread it was supposed to be in the thread disucssing the MM benefits. Sorry!
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'm sure this has been asked and answered but...

Booked an upcoming SFO-DEN UA trip on CO.com using Mrs. SFO's CO Silver status. E+ seating available and selected. Is she (are we) automatically in the UDU upgrade queue or do we have to do something... not that the odds of an upgrade are great but it is a Saturday AM.

Or would I be better off booking thru on .bomb (still within the 24 hours cancel window)? Also, I'd probably buy up if it was a reasonable price ($150 or so) not the $1,800 PP that CO.com offered.

Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
.... Booked an upcoming SFO-DEN UA trip on CO.com using Mrs. SFO's CO Silver status. E+ seating available and selected. Is she (are we) automatically in the UDU upgrade queue or do we have to do something...
Single PNR or separate?
Assume one elite of either UA or CO is on the PNR and using crediting to their elite account and no more than two people are on the PNR, then yes. A non-elite on a separate PNR is not eligible and a >two person PNR takes a call

Originally Posted by SFO777
....Or would I be better off booking thru on .bomb (still within the 24 hours cancel window)? Also, I'd probably buy up if it was a reasonable price ($150 or so) not the $1,800 PP that CO.com offered. ...
Usually best to book with the native carrier, but most of the codeshare issues are worked out between UA & CO.
As for the pricing, only way to tell is to try. It could be either way.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
E+ for non-elite when booking UA flight on CO site with elite miles?

Background:
  • CO Plat (and UA 1K)
  • Booking for non-elite
  • CO site, UA metal

CO site lets me choose E+ because my OnePass number is on the reservation from the booking. I wasn't prompted for the FFN of the pax when booking, and she doesn't actually have one. I believe CO typically puts the booking passenger's info in the reservation based on previous award booking experiences.

Wondering what could happen. Here are my guesses:
  • "Sweep" happens and she is left with no seat assignment (though this is probably less likely given my OP # is on there from the award reservation)
  • She sits there, no issues
  • Might be asked for E+ payment at check-in
  • Might be denied and bumped back to E- (though all 4 flights are pretty full, around T-giving)

Any other thoughts?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Single PNR or separate?
Assume one elite of either UA or CO is on the PNR and using crediting to their elite account and no more than two people are on the PNR, then yes. A non-elite on a separate PNR is not eligible and a >two person PNR takes a call.
Yes, we are both on the same PNR and I made the rez using her CO Silver account. Thanks WineCountry.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
CO site lets me choose E+ because my OnePass number is on the reservation from the booking. I wasn't prompted for the FFN of the pax when booking, and she doesn't actually have one. I believe CO typically puts the booking passenger's info in the reservation based on previous award booking experiences.

Any other thoughts?
I believe that the pax "inherits" the elite status of the flyer whose miles were used for the award. My wife and kids all have CO FFN's, but when they flew an award trip that I paid for with my miles, they flew as CO gold on the CO legs and *A on the US legs. Their CO boarding passes had my FFN on them and the "Elite Access" logo.

The flying pax gets no frequent flier benefits, thus no need for tracking them with their FFN.

That's the way I understand it.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: United 1kMM; AA EX Plat, Hilton Diamond and SPG Plat
Award miles confusion

Hi has anyone else experienced this? I booked an award North Asia-Europe-US in First and was charged 80K miles even though the chart says 70k miles. I was told becasue Europr-Asia is 80K and it's more then to US that's why. I've never had this ahppen before. I've booked a few US-South Asia via Europe and not had this happen before. One was booked a month ago and the other 2 months ago.

Anyone know if this is a new policy, I sopke with 2 agents and they both said that this is no a new policy and before I get too upset about this wanted to what others thought.

Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

UA charges the higher rate to redeem Asia-N.America via Europe. CO doesn't. If your accounts are linked you can move the miles to CO and redeem from there and save the points.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:14 am

Question Can't view Continental Itinerary with seatmap???

Continental's website is no longer giving me a view of the seatmap when I review seating for my upcoming itinerary . . . I can only see my seat assignment for each segment . . . can anyone offer assistance? Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.