Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:13 pm

Thanks WineCountry, for your help. 2 more quick questions:

1. Do you get 100% PQMs on all United fare classes, or do you only get a percentage on some?

2. Same question as above except on *A partner flights?

I'm considering a Plat status match from DL. Lots of flights into Asia. But since I only fly about 100K annually, I'd much rather be 1K with UA than only Plat with DL. Those extra 25K MQMs with DL for Diamond won't be happening in the foreseeable future. I just want to be well-informed before I make the "once-in-a-lifetime" status match. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by kevinjrwagner
Thanks WineCountry, for your help. 2 more quick questions:

1. Do you get 100% PQMs on all United fare classes, or do you only get a percentage on some?

2. Same question as above except on *A partner flights?

I'm considering a Plat status match from DL. Lots of flights into Asia. But since I only fly about 100K annually, I'd much rather be 1K with UA than only Plat with DL. Those extra 25K MQMs with DL for Diamond won't be happening in the foreseeable future. I just want to be well-informed before I make the "once-in-a-lifetime" status match. Thanks!
1) All UA fare classes, minus award tickets and some industry discount tix, earn 100% EQMs and EQS.

2) This varies for each airline. Best to check the Partner Earning Section of .bomb, and then after 3/3, the Partner Earning Section of CO.sux UA.sux
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:07 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
1) All UA fare classes, minus award tickets and some industry discount tix, earn 100% EQMs and EQS.
at least 100%, the higher fares earns 150%
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
at least 100%, the higher fares earns 150%
Correct.. I forgot to add "minimum"
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM(BIS)
I am flying TPAC in economy next week-end and so I checked pss.united.com to see what to expect 3/3/12 onwards and found:-

"Wines, beer and spirits available for purchase"

http://pss.united.com/web/en-US/cont...y/default.aspx

It looks as though United is adopting the Continental model of no free alcoholic drinks in economy, no matter where you are flying!

Someone please tell me that I am mistaken!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
UA 7636 BOS-DUB is operated by Aer Lingus? Similar to IAD-MAD? Upgradeable with a SWU? Thanks!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:37 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by magiciansampras
UA 7636 BOS-DUB is operated by Aer Lingus? Similar to IAD-MAD? Upgradeable with a SWU? Thanks!
has not been in the past -- only the IAD-MAD flight has had the special rules (SWUs, Lifetime miles, ...).
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
has not been in the past -- only the IAD-MAD flight has had the special rules (SWUs, Lifetime miles, ...).
Gracias!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by magiciansampras
Gracias!
de nada!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:16 pm

Questions about booking award travel before March 3.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger and booking a saver award fare (30K) on travel to EZE (Buenos Aires) today.

But I'm wondering if waiting to March 3 would be more advantageous? Or will I lose the opportunity? I Have some concerns that maybe someone more tuned into the MP consolidation can help me with.

• Will the UA MP saver awards will disappear post 3/3?

I was wanting to book my return via Star Alliance on Continental out of SCL (Santiago, CL) but I called the reservations line and they said there are no available award seats that week.

• Will the "book any available seat" MP policy be instituted on continental legs March 3?

I'm so thankful for this forum, This is so confusing.

Last edited by travelisaverb; Feb 26, 2012 at 12:47 pm
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:21 pm

Welcome to FT!,travelisaverb
Originally Posted by travelisaverb
I'm about ready to pull the trigger and booking a saver award fare (30K) on travel to EZE (Buenos Aires) today.

But I'm wondering if waiting to March 3 would be more advantageous? Or will I lose the opportunity? ...
award space can always disappear -- if the dates are solid it is not usually a good idea to wait.

... • Will the UA MP saver awards will disappear post 3/3? ...
wholesale, no -- individually, may be -- see above

...• Will the "book any available seat" MP policy instituted on March 3? ...
for elites and standard awards, yes but never been the policy for saver awards.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:56 pm

Thanks WineCountryUA,

Yes... I was planning to book a standard award for my return.

So sounds like I could book my departing flight to EZE via saver today, and then wait until March 3 to book my return as a standard award from SCL. (assuming all the unsold seats on the CO are available for MP awards).
Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:16 pm
KCW

Apologies if it's been asked and answered, I did do a search

Am trying to book an award ticket on Continental so I can get a mixed cabin award. Am 1K on United, nothing on Continental and I appear to have missed the deadline to get matched status on CO. Is there anything I can do to get Continental to match my status on their website so I can avoid paying booking fees? Thank you!
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by KCW
...Am trying to book an award ticket on Continental so I can get a mixed cabin award. Am 1K on United, nothing on Continental and I appear to have missed the deadline to get matched status on CO. Is there anything I can do to get Continental to match my status on their website so I can avoid paying booking fees? Thank you!
- wait a week and problem solved (but inventory is at risk)
- call the UA elite desk and ask them to vouche for you to the CO elite desk

BTW, present UA does mixed cabin awards also, to get some combinations may require doing it with an phone agent
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: UA 1K
NC availability search

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
For upgrades confirmable in advance, (miles, others mentioned) they can clear anytime after booking if/when United makes NF or NC space available.

(To tell if a flight has NF or NC availability without calling United, one has to do a united.com dummy booking using miles for an award ticket. That module shows NF/NC availability.)
Do we know what happens after March 3 in terms of searching out NC availability? Does the CO.com module and fare class display trump? In that case, what is the "new" NC? Is it R??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.