Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by sbm12
I may have glossed over that part.

On the CO.com site if you can view your reservation then there should be an option to "Edit Traveler Information." In that screen towards the bottom you can change the FF# on the reservation. CO makes this available online while UA does not. Just one of many differences between the sites.
Thanks again.

I booked the flight, it's odd that is says on the confirmation that it is operated by United but doesn't appear on the UA site. I guess I have to wait for the ticket to be issued before adding the UA number.

I wasn't able to select an exit row via our corp travel site. I'm truly amazed how much cheaper CO was for the same route at a similiar time.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 2:32 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
CashN, if you might be flying more with CO this year, before the two mileage/status programs are automatically integrated, and with more lead-time than your upcoming flight, here's the FlyerTalk thread that discusses how to have CO match your 1K status:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tus-tools.html
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:16 am

Can I purchase miles in both programs to circumvent 60k cap?

If I want to purchase more miles than the maximum of 60k that is allowed by United, can I purchase additional miles for my CO account, and then transfer them to UA? (Thereby circumventing the 60k limit)

I don't see anything that says one cannot do this.

edit: I just saw on CO's website that the "buy miles function is temporarily unavailable" -- is it true that CO no longer allows members to purchase miles? Possibly to prevent people form doing exactly what I was trying to do....

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Apr 19, 2011 at 12:28 am
Old Apr 19, 2011, 1:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
If I want to purchase more miles than the maximum of 60k that is allowed by United, can I purchase additional miles for my CO account, and then transfer them to UA? (Thereby circumventing the 60k limit)

I don't see anything that says one cannot do this.

edit: I just saw on CO's website that the "buy miles function is temporarily unavailable" -- is it true that CO no longer allows members to purchase miles? Possibly to prevent people form doing exactly what I was trying to do....
Assuming the Co issue is just temp, see no reason you can not do the above.

Personal Miles run a bit more the 3 cpm. At the moment the Award Accelerator program is selling miles at closer to 2 cpm. Award Accelerator is an option you have on most tickets to add 100% or 200% additional miles for a fee. Even if you do not presently have a active ticket, one could book a refundable ticket, purchase the Award Accelerator and then cancel the ticket. The extra miles are not cancelled.
Atleast 2 cpm is not as expensive as 3 cpm.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
CashN, if you might be flying more with CO this year, before the two mileage/status programs are automatically integrated, and with more lead-time than your upcoming flight, here's the FlyerTalk thread that discusses how to have CO match your 1K status:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...tus-tools.html
As a Co Plat 100K I just registered on this link and choose CO OP as where I want to earn my SWU's (it gave me the option to either choose MP or OP). I clicked the register button and nothing has changed. I do not see anywhere on ual.com (I logged in under my MP account as I'm a general member there) that indicates I'm also a UA 1K member. What now?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by enviroian
What now?
Wait the 7-10 days it takes for the match to take effect. :-:
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by sbm12
Wait the 7-10 days it takes for the match to take effect. :-:
Thanks sbm12! ^
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:12 pm

I'm looking to redeem flights from SIN to TPE. I'm familiar with UA and *A and just saw that CO's has Eva Air as its partner.

1) What is the redemption rate for using CO miles on Eva Air flight (still 20k / 30k?) and do they allow one-way redemptions?
2) Also, does CO charge the booking fee for reservations via their call center?
3) How does the seat and service for Eva Air fare? (ie against SQ?)
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
UA in A-cl on CO-operated code share - which booking class UA A-cl translates to

Would anyone know:

4 UA1644A DDMMM EWRORD SS1 900P 1038P /RL /E
/OPERATED BY CONTINENTAL AIRLINES
/EWR CHECK-IN WITH CONTINENTAL AIRLINES

Which booking class UA A-cl translates to on CO-metal?

I am asking as in BD FF scheme for CO F-class, I could get anything from 100% to 300% depending on the actual booking class...
Old Apr 21, 2011, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by fone
1) What is the redemption rate for using CO miles on Eva Air flight (still 20k / 30k?) and do they allow one-way redemptions?
Definitely no on one-way awards until June 15. I am pretty sure that EVA awards are a separate chart from the regular one online but I do not know the numbers off-hand.
2) Also, does CO charge the booking fee for reservations via their call center?
Yes.
3) How does the seat and service for Eva Air fare? (ie against SQ?)
No idea; sorry.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL, Hyatt Plat
Using UA Miles to Bonaire on CO - Not Possible?

I have been on UA trying to use MP points to get IAD-IAH-BON. Nothing shows on any dates that I can find between now and October (searched every week with flexible) and I can only assume it is because the IAH-BON leg is on CO? Or are they truly all booked up.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:18 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Fidheal
I have been on UA trying to use MP points to get IAD-IAH-BON. Nothing shows on any dates that I can find between now and October (searched every week with flexible) and I can only assume it is because the IAH-BON leg is on CO? Or are they truly all booked up.
Fidheal, Wecome to FT!

UA's online award booking tool is weak and does not include all options. A call to enquire on possiblities does not incur a fee and may open up opportunities not possible with UA tool. Also try the CO site award tool. It shows more options and one can transfer miles from UA to CO for free.

(I had trouble with searching for paid flights to BON -- so there maybe a very limited schedule)

Only flights into BON on Fri/Sat and departing Sat/Sun -- but only June 11 to Aug 26 and then only one flight a week in Sept

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 22, 2011 at 10:34 am Reason: flight schedule
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:35 am

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
I just open a new CO account. I made the address, email info exactly the same with my UA account. When I tried to transfer mile between these two accounts by inputing the account# and password of both accounts, I kept encountering the error message that the two accounts do not match. Anybody has such experience what might be the problem?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Gold, DL, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Fidheal, Wecome to FT!

UA's online award booking tool is weak and does not include all options. A call to enquire on possiblities does not incur a fee and may open up opportunities not possible with UA tool. Also try the CO site award tool. It shows more options and one can transfer miles from UA to CO for free.

(I had trouble with searching for paid flights to BON -- so there maybe a very limited schedule)

Only flights into BON on Fri/Sat and departing Sat/Sun -- but only June 11 to Aug 26 and then only one flight a week in Sept
Thanks for that - miles appear to work on CO. I need one miles ticket for wife and one for me with $$ to get the EQMs. If I shift miles and book my wife w miles on CO do I need to book myself on UA or can I book CO and still get UA EQM? or?
Old Apr 22, 2011, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Fidheal
Thanks for that - miles appear to work on CO. I need one miles ticket for wife and one for me with $$ to get the EQMs. If I shift miles and book my wife w miles on CO do I need to book myself on UA or can I book CO and still get UA EQM? or?
So long as you pay cash for the ticket you earn EQMs. Doesn't matter where you purchase or if it is on a UA or CO flight number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.