Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2011, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
Continental President's Club at Las Vegas?

Is there still a Continental Presidents Club at Las Vegas D terminal? Is there United Red Carpet Club at LAS?
Old May 18, 2011, 2:19 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Not a RCC in LAS but there is a Presidents Club between gates D33 and D35.
http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53533,00.html
Old May 18, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA (ExecPlat.), UA, DL, Hertz (Club Gold), Avis, Hilton (Diamond VIP), Starwood, Marriott
Apologies in advance if this has been asked and answered.

I made a reservation on ual.com for a RT SFO-EWR in June. Flights are on CO metal. Reservation shows under "My Itineraries."

Made a separate reservation for this coming weekend on continental.com (just to check it out) for SFO-IAH-MCO-IAH-LAX-SFO -- first four legs on CO metal, last leg on UA metal (but with the CO flight number.) This itinerary is not shown under "My Itineraries" on ual.com. MP number entered (of course) when making reservation. (Not a mileage run -- have business in Orlando and LA).

I assume that this is normal and systems are not integrated yet to the point where reservations made on continental.com are visible on ual.com?

BTW -- my trip this weekend on CO will be my first time on a CO plane. Why do I feel like the unfaithful husband?
Old May 18, 2011, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A reservation made on co.com with the UA number in it should show under your UA account when logged in there. It might just be taking a bit of time for the PNR information to propagate over or it might actually be broken. If it isn't showing in the morning then log in to the CO site, get the UA PNR and call UA and ask them to verify that your MP number is entered properly. That should solve it if there is still a problem.
Old May 19, 2011, 5:44 am

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Pre takeoff beverage service

Noticed that UA only offers water (with no ice) on domestic FC departures while CO offers beverage of your choice on domestic FC, including cocktails . With the integration, wondering if the CO pre-takeoff service in domestic FC cabin will prevail?:-:
Old May 19, 2011, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by capitalflow
Noticed that UA only offers water (with no ice) on domestic FC departures while CO offers beverage of your choice on domestic FC, including cocktails . With the integration, wondering if the CO pre-takeoff service in domestic FC cabin will prevail?:-:
While they have announced that the service will be standardized they have not given any indication yet which direction that will go.
Old May 19, 2011, 9:18 am

Programs: AA (ExecPlat.), UA, DL, Hertz (Club Gold), Avis, Hilton (Diamond VIP), Starwood, Marriott
Originally Posted by sbm12
A reservation made on co.com with the UA number in it should show under your UA account when logged in there. It might just be taking a bit of time for the PNR information to propagate over or it might actually be broken. If it isn't showing in the morning then log in to the CO site, get the UA PNR and call UA and ask them to verify that your MP number is entered properly. That should solve it if there is still a problem.
Thanks -- must be system issue. For some reason, my old itineraries (from 2 weeks ago) are still showing as current itineraries. Patience, patience, patience....
Old May 20, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Originally Posted by capitalflow
Being a 1P/CO Gold. I just ask for what I want no matter what the hour nor the flight duration. It actually has sparked some great conversations and others to have a wine, beer cocktail or just ice in your cup!!
Old May 21, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Amex Plat,HHonors Gold, Leader - Leading Hotels of the World
Originally Posted by darksidesith
Being a 1P/CO Gold. I just ask for what I want no matter what the hour nor the flight duration. It actually has sparked some great conversations and others to have a wine, beer cocktail or just ice in your cup!!
Thanks! I am booked in international FC on UA ORDBRU this Friday and will try a g&t since the flight leaves at 5:55 p.m.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
So I just want to make sure I understand everything before I combine the two accounts.

1) EQMs are combined but still in separate programs,? So even if I designate United as my primary account, and I credit my CA Y flight that earns 150% EQM on CO to CO (as opposed to 100% on UQ), my combined EQM is still increased by 150% since I chose to credit the flight to CO?

2) I foresee that I will be able to fly 75k EQM this year, so even if I designate United as my primary account, I will obtain Plat on CO?

3) Assume from 2) that I earn plat on CO at 75k, what happens next year? Will my status be matched to 1P and I will now incur award change fees and other whatever fees United 1P has to pay?

Thanks a lot for all the help!
Old May 23, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold for Life UA Platinum Marriott Platinum Hilton Diamond
Still having trouble understanding the combined programs.

Primarily I flew with CO, had > 100K last year. Took the plunge, combined programs asking for CO to continue to be my primary mileage program. The best thing about registering was receiving my United 1K card.

However, last week I flew on UA, got nearly 10k miles and nearly 5k EQMs. Everything got posted to the UA account. I go on the site that allows me to move miles over to CO and the warning states that I can only move miles and not EQMs.

I was under the impression that when I registered both programs and selected a primary program, all EQMs would be moved into that program. Now it appears that I'm getting EQMs (and miles) scattered between the two programs. I can move the miles but not the EQMs.

What do I need to do to have all EQMs earned on all metal to go into one account?
Old May 24, 2011, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by alanized
I was under the impression that when I registered both programs and selected a primary program, all EQMs would be moved into that program. Now it appears that I'm getting EQMs (and miles) scattered between the two programs. I can move the miles but not the EQMs.

What do I need to do to have all EQMs earned on all metal to go into one account?
The miles will post to whichever site you credit the specific flights to but the calculations for totals will add the two together. I combined my accounts and I had ~30K on UA and ~50K on CO. My UA CR1s were issued that week for crossing the 75K combined threshold.

They're doing the math behind the scenes but the displays of EQMs you see will not reflect it. Still, they are running the numbers correctly.
Old May 24, 2011, 9:32 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by alanized
If you want to see them in one account use only on FF #.

Just finished DFW-SFO-SEA SEA-IAH-DAL using my MP but flying UA to SEA and CO/CO Express back and all miles/EQMs are in my MP account.

EmailKid
Old May 24, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Time to status match after merging accounts?

Title says it all. I am flying CO this weekend and on the UDU wait list as a UA 1K. I'd like to be on the list as a CO Plt but my CO status is listed as non-elite even though I have merged my accounts. Is this a timing issue or do I need to contact someone? And would that be UA or CO? If it is a timing issue - eg., it take X business days to complete, is there a way to expedite the process?

Thanks
Old May 24, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
Is this a timing issue
It certainly sounds like it.
Originally Posted by thegrailer
is there a way to expedite the process?
None that I'm aware of.

If it has been more than the promised 7-10 days since you put in the request then you might need to call in to figure out why it didn't work. Otherwise just sit tight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.