Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] Have a Simple Question About United Airlines/MileagePlus? Ask Here...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by computerquest
Is there a place on either website that I can point the dingbat CSR to? I just got off the phone and the person insisted that I am not allowed to use a cert on a UA/CO combined metal ticket. ...
The has been no announcement yet and appears training is incomplete -- FTers have discovered this in advance of the announcement, isn't the first time that has happen. Appears the systems have been modified but the rest is still work in progress.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:50 pm
Senior Moderator
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
I don't see this info on either website. Suggest calling again and if the agent balks, ask if he/she could call their help desk to locate the computer "profile" info which might have been posted for agents allowing joint cert. use. UA agents all have help desk support to answer more complex res. questions.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by computerquest
Originally Posted by sbm12
Officially, yes. The FAs may say no and then you're at their mercy to try to convince them that they're wrong, but the company policy is that they are interchangeable now across both carriers.
Is there a place on either website that I can point the dingbat CSR to? I just got off the phone and the person insisted that I am not allowed to use a cert on a UA/CO combined metal ticket.

By the time I fly next month the plane might have already been repainted and say "United" on it.
I assumed you meant free drink chits when you wrote coupons. Were you talking about something else? I'm guessing yes since you are now talking about booking flights with them.

If you mean travel vouchers/certs (i.e. Type B, VDB, etc.) then it is not officially a benefit yet.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused there.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
I don't see this info on either website. Suggest calling again and if the agent balks, ask if he/she could call their help desk to locate the computer "profile" info which might have been posted for agents allowing joint cert. use. UA agents all have help desk support to answer more complex res. questions.
On the phone again...
Now I am being told that yes, the certs can be used on Continental flights, but not all of them--only the ones randomly selected by the system. When I asked for him to call the help desk or escalate my call I was put on hold.

Thanks for the clarification of the coupons vs. certs--I didn't read the first quoted post carefully. I will just wait on hold and hope to get somewhere.

I am just so sick of it being cheaper to let certs expire than to use them on flights.

Last edited by computerquest; Apr 14, 2011 at 9:59 pm
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:31 am

award fare upgrade

Quick question: Can I apply SWU or CR1s to award tickets?

Recent 1K.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by Dudey
Quick question: Can I apply SWU or CR1s to award tickets?

Recent 1K.
Nope. Sorry.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
No, but it will recognize you as a 2P. If you want to be recognized as a CO Silver then you must use that number in the reservation.
Um,

when I type in my UA # and password, CO.com says

Originally Posted by CO.com
To sign in, please enter your OnePass number and Personal Identification Number and then click Sign In. You can also enter the username and password you may have created in the Account Settings area of My Account and then click Sign In.
Bolding and Reding mine

Even though I merged my CO and UA accounts earlier in the week I cannot get CO.com to see my 1P status, and therefore cannot get the good seats on my CO flight (no problem on the UA outbound).

A call to CO did not help, as they just said we don't see your 1P status.

Any advice on how to do this?

TIA, EmailKid

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Believe one poster claimed they were able to get different FF accounts on different segments BUT to the best of my knowledge (and others) you can have only one FF account attached to a reservation (PNR) at a time.
Back in the day, when CO and NW (yes, that NW pre merger) were linked, posters reported being able to switch FF # either at gate or checkin and preserve their u/g.

I don't see a reference to u/g, nor have I seen any recent posts about switching numbers, but it may be a possibility.

EmailKid

Last edited by iluv2fly; Apr 15, 2011 at 8:27 pm Reason: merge
Old Apr 15, 2011, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by emailkid
when I type in my UA # and password, CO.com says
You cannot log in to co.com using UA credentials much like you cannot log in to ua.com using CO credentials.

Even though I merged my CO and UA accounts earlier in the week I cannot get CO.com to see my 1P status, and therefore cannot get the good seats on my CO flight (no problem on the UA outbound).

A call to CO did not help, as they just said we don't see your 1P status.
So they see the 1P number in the reservation but it doesn't have any status? That might just be an issue with the partner status not updating in real-time; I think that might be a batch job thing.

But if you are a 1P then you should also be at least CO Gold, right? Does that status show correctly?

When I've wanted to play with mixed itineraries like this before I've done the CO stuff first using my CO number and then called in and had UA change just the UA half of the itinerary and it seems to have worked OK.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 2:34 pm

But if you are a 1P then you should also be at least CO Gold, right? Does that status show correctly?
CO.com shows non elite

Maybe I have to call again ...

EmailKid
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
CO.com shows non elite

Maybe I have to call again ...

EmailKid
When did you status match (appears you did earlier this week)? It take awhile for match to occur -- it has taken as much as 10 days for some before the match completed. Some have speculated it happens on the weekends.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
When did you status match (appears you did earlier this week)? It take awhile for match to occur -- it has taken as much as 10 days for some before the match completed. Some have speculated it happens on the weekends.
Status on UA appeared last week.

I did the merge accounts earlier this week (Tuesday IIRC) - still UA 1P on UA.com, still peon on CO.com (with @ 400K lifetime miles and 800K miles to use, a .5K MM if the two lifetime accounts are merged).

EmailKid
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)
I'm a 1K on United but do not have a OnePass account on Continental.

I am considering a CO flight next week and am wondering if my status is that of a Star Gold or 1K. Additionally, what upgrade possibilities have you 1ks had on CO?

Mechanically, how do I register my UA FF# with CO?

Much appreciated.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:47 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

CO will recognize you as a 1K and you will be eligible for upgrades based on that. You would be higher on the list as a CO Platinum but it is generally taking a week to get the match done so not enough time for you.

Upgrades depend on a lot of things, mostly route and day of week. There are some where silvers clear regularly and some where platinums rarely do. Good luck.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: UA GS MM SPG Platinum (Lifetime Platinum)

CO will recognize you as a 1K and you will be eligible for upgrades based on that. You would be higher on the list as a CO Platinum but it is generally taking a week to get the match done so not enough time for you.

Upgrades depend on a lot of things, mostly route and day of week. There are some where silvers clear regularly and some where platinums rarely do. Good luck.
Thanks.

How does CO know I am a 1K?

I couldn't find anywhere on the reservation to add my UA number...
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by CashN
Thanks.

How does CO know I am a 1K?

I couldn't find anywhere on the reservation to add my UA number...
I may have glossed over that part.

On the CO.com site if you can view your reservation then there should be an option to "Edit Traveler Information." In that screen towards the bottom you can change the FF# on the reservation. CO makes this available online while UA does not. Just one of many differences between the sites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.