Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A320

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 2, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: economyplusfan
A320 12F/42E+/96E-

There is now only one configuration of the United A320:http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...numbering.html

Standard A320 (320)
SeatGuru A320 Seat Map - http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...irbus_A320.php

Airbus A320 Mainline Configuration

FIRST CLASS

The mainline configuration A320 has 12 First Class seats. These are your usual domestic seats. Stated pitch is 38” and the width is 20.5”. Seats 1A and 1B have a small cutout at foot level in the bulkhead that gives you a much-appreciated two inches of extra space. 1E and 1F lack this cutout and as such feels tight, but not like the 757. While you cannot stretch out in Row 1, you can cross your legs, in general. The seat recline on the A320 is quite generous, with the caveat that if the person in front of you is fully reclined, it is difficult to get out of the aisle seat and exiting the window seat will require the aisle seat to step into the aisle.

The standard 320 have cloth seats; the converted TED aircraft have leather seats.

Note - at one time, UA A320s used to have tremendous legroom in Row 1 - we're talking into the upper 40 inches, but the planes had their seating reconfigured and now seem to be closer to the stated pitch.

ECONOMY PLUS CLASS – ROWS 7-21
Rows 7, 20, and 21 are the best on the plane, hands down, in terms of legroom. Each is well into the mid-40's, if not more.
Row 7 has a cutout under the first-class divider, which allows bag storage and/or additional legroom. Bag storage is possible even for seats 7C and 7D.
Row 21 is an exit row and Row 20 has additional legroom.
Unfortunately, all have armrests that extend to the seat cushion to hold the tray tables. However, the extra one inch of seat width the Airbus Twins have over Boeing narrowbodies (18" vs. 17") helps here. Rows 8 and 10 have 36" pitch. Also note that Row 20 has limited recline so as to not impede egress through the second Window Exit (Row 21).

ECONOMY CLASS – ROWS 22-38

Pitch is very tight at 31", but at least the seats are wider then the 757.

Moderator's Note - Older posts from this thread may be found here.

For seating advice on the Airbus A319, please see:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rbus-a319.html

Related threads:
Update on our Airbus Reconfigurations (Seats, Entertainment, Channel 9, etc.)

Consolidated Where to Sit on a United Plane Threads
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on the Airbus A320

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2022, 7:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The exit row window seat has a much abbreviated armrest. You're also potentially subject to knees in the back, as row 22 is E-.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Are Row 7 (bulkhead) seats supposed to recline on this equipment? Or did I just get an inop seat the other day?

Held the button, seat pan wouldn't slide forward and the backrest only went back about half an inch.

Was in 7F on N428UA for whatever it's worth.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yes, Row 7 should have normal recline.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:38 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I typically don't like bulkheads because I like to have my bag under the seat in front of me, but is the row 1 legroom really that good on this plane?
I have a choice between 1F and 3F
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I typically don't like bulkheads because I like to have my bag under the seat in front of me, but is the row 1 legroom really that good on this plane?
I have a choice between 1F and 3F
Until the United Next retrofit which I believe will take some room away from Row 1, yes, next to the 757-300, this row 1 has excellent legroom.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 11:04 am

Programs: United: Gold, HHonors: Gold, Marriott: Gold, AA, US, AGR
Just flew on a refurbished A320 with the "NEXT" interior. Unfortunately the retrofit now has the bulkhead in Row 7 extending nearly to the ground leaving no room for a carry-on bag (or extending your feet underneith the bulkhead) like in the previous layout.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by TakeTheATrain
Just flew on a refurbished A320 with the "NEXT" interior. Unfortunately the retrofit now has the bulkhead in Row 7 extending nearly to the ground leaving no room for a carry-on bag (or extending your feet underneith the bulkhead) like in the previous layout.

That's what made it one of my favorite Y seats in the whole fleet. Is the plan to roll this out to all A319/320s?
Old Apr 5, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: United 1K, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Any more data points for the newly refurbished A320 in regards to Row 7? These have been was my favorite narrowbody E+ seats.

Is the bulkhead now really all the way to the floor, where no bag can be stowed and no feet can be stretched?

Would the other E+ seats now be better in regards to stretching your legs?

Have a 4+ hour flight in a few months on the A320, and trying to figure out if I should keep the currently chosen 7C seat or move further back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.