Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA and CO Fleet Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:21 am

Programs: TG Gold, Marriott Gold
if it wasn't being updated, then what was it doing in PUS? just a regular d-check? if it's a d-check, then we can assume it'll also be getting new colors?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Perhaps the revival of an additional 744 is to cover for the N128UA which sutained damage due to a tail strike while taking off from SYD as UA 870 on May 7. N128UA flew to Pusan on May 11.

Story and pictures (plus extended debate about the incident) are here:

http://avherald.com/h?article=42b2d053&opt=1024
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by Jet Yi
Perhaps the revival of an additional 744 is to cover for the N128UA which sutained damage due to a tail strike while taking off from SYD as UA 870 on May 7. N128UA flew to Pusan on May 11.

Story and pictures (plus extended debate about the incident) are here:

http://avherald.com/h?article=42b2d053&opt=1024
Doubtful, as acars indicated N128UA has been back to flying since May 20th. Its most recently indicated flight was FRA-SFO on Sunday.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: TG Gold, Marriott Gold
it looks like N128UA has been back in the air since late may doing regularly scheduled flights.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Aluminum tubing
One 747 was pulled from the desert. It will not be updated it will be used for the most part on domestic routes like SFO-ORD but could be used as a sub AC on int'l routes when an IPTE 747 is pulled for repair.
Is this N194UA, or a different 747?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: UA PremExec
UGH

Well, I am on ORD-SFO on 6/22 and had used 15,000 (and $50) to upgrade to new C only to discover this morning it is now old C (a seating confirguration UA does not even show on its website anymore).

When I asked to be downgraded to Y and take my chances with UDU, I was told Y was sold out!

I will complain a bit a hope for some compensation. After all, UA advertises that its 747 conversion is complete. I was lured (to be a little dramatic) into the upgrade by the new C with no indication that the old C was even an option.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by UAkls
Well, I am on ORD-SFO on 6/22 and had used 15,000 (and $50) to upgrade to new C only to discover this morning it is now old C (a seating confirguration UA does not even show on its website anymore).

When I asked to be downgraded to Y and take my chances with UDU, I was told Y was sold out!

I will complain a bit a hope for some compensation. After all, UA advertises that its 747 conversion is complete. I was lured (to be a little dramatic) into the upgrade by the new C with no indication that the old C was even an option.
I was worried that somebody would be hit with the old config. I hope UA only runs this bird on domestic, as I would me VERY annoyed if I had paid for INTL F on the 744, and discovered that we were flying on the old config..
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I will complain a bit a hope for some compensation.
You will (should) get nothing. UA does not guarantee equipment.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You will (should) get nothing. UA does not guarantee equipment.

I understand. But UA often gives compensation for things that are expected if not guaranteed. It is good customer relations, not the letter of law/contract, that guides such things.

When I used to upgrade on 767s and there was a mix of old and new in the fleet, I always knew there was chance of getting the old C and took my risks. UA provides no indication that this even a possibility anymore with
747s. UA.com no longer even provides a seatmap of the old C configuration. The equipment does not even exist in the UA fleet according to its website and advertising.

And in my case, I would be just as happy to take my old economy seat back in lieu of any compensation.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 8:57 am

But at least if I am going to stay in the old C I managed to grab 15A upstairs...my favorite seat on the old configuration!
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:00 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Slightly OT. Y is probably not sold out. In order to down-grade your purchased farebucket needs to still have inventory. So, if you're on a L fare and you upgrade to NC, in order to downgrade back to economy, an L fare must still be available.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:01 am

More then likely, your fare bucket is sold out. Which means you cannot downgrade back to your original class until there is inventory in the bucket.

Now, on the day of the flight if there is ANY open seat in Y, you will be able to downgrade.

Kind of messes up your UDU (I am pretty sure you can get on the list at the gate,... but that is just speculation).
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by warreng24
Y is probably not sold out.
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
More then likely, your fare bucket is sold out.
Check again. The flight is showing Y0.

UA often gives compensation for things that are expected if not guaranteed. It is good customer relations, not the letter of law/contract, that guides such things.
Good customer relations also includes not setting the expectation of getting "compensation" for every little thing. UA gives out far too much as it is.

I managed to grab 15A upstairs
Are you sure about that? I'm looking at the seat map right now, and 15A is open.
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:14 am

"Good customer relations also includes not setting the expectation of getting "compensation" for every little thing. UA gives out far too much as it is."

Indeed. But is it not like expecting compensation because they ran out of tonic water. The difference between the old and new business class is not a "little thing" in my view. I assume it is not a little thing for UA either...otherwise why spend the money to convert the planes and make such a big deal about it in advertising?
Old Jun 8, 2010, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Check again. The flight is showing Y0.
I'll confess, I never checked... I just guessed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.