Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Global Services and 3MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond/Marriott Titanium Ambassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Passing 21,900,000 tonight flying home from Cape Town. I’ll probably hit 22 million miles in March. Some people talked about a possible meet up. I’ll probably be able to pinpoint the exact date and flight in about a week to 10 days.
I just passed 3MM and I am just amazed and envious of your mileage. My goal is just to hit 4MM and get GS for life. Seems like each MM milestone for me has been forever... But i primarily fly domestic these days, so takes a lot longer. For you, its <= 1 year per MM... Keep on flying! Support United!
Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:02 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
I had such high hopes to not only hit 22 million this year ,but 23 million as well. Then this all happened. In the last week, I cancelled 2 great cruises ,a trip to Thailand and a trip this weekend to see Rod Stewart in Vegas. I'm 66 and might be a little bit more vulnerable to this than the next guy because of some health issues I've been dealing with. I'm still going to fly a lot this year ,but for now, not as much. I'll hit my 22 million this Thursday coming back from Melbourne to Newark (through SFO). The very last thing on my mind is getting to 23,24 etc. Although I've heard things like up to 70% of the population might catch this ....and I might eventually be one of them....I need to choose my travel carefully. I'm still going on vacations, Im still going to visit my kids and I'm still going to be doing a lot of (mostly charity )work in Australia. I've always been more of a "glass half full" type of guy...actually more of a "glass overflowing" type!! I pray for the safety of all my fellow travelers and of course most of all my family and friends.Last of all, I pray for the safety of my United family. Let's hope this turns for the better sooner than later. Oh, and I'm buying United stock!!! It is a GREAT value right now and they will come back stronger than ever before!!!!!
JetBunny, Major G, exerda and 12 others like this.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
I had such high hopes to not only hit 22 million this year ,but 23 million as well. Then this all happened. In the last week, I cancelled 2 great cruises ,a trip to Thailand and a trip this weekend to see Rod Stewart in Vegas. I'm 66 and might be a little bit more vulnerable to this than the next guy because of some health issues I've been dealing with. I'm still going to fly a lot this year ,but for now, not as much. I'll hit my 22 million this Thursday coming back from Melbourne to Newark (through SFO). The very last thing on my mind is getting to 23,24 etc. Although I've heard things like up to 70% of the population might catch this ....and I might eventually be one of them....I need to choose my travel carefully. I'm still going on vacations, Im still going to visit my kids and I'm still going to be doing a lot of (mostly charity )work in Australia. I've always been more of a "glass half full" type of guy...actually more of a "glass overflowing" type!! I pray for the safety of all my fellow travelers and of course most of all my family and friends.Last of all, I pray for the safety of my United family. Let's hope this turns for the better sooner than later. Oh, and I'm buying United stock!!! It is a GREAT value right now and they will come back stronger than ever before!!!!!

Tom,
We all admire you and your great attitude towards travel. I’m not nearly in your category, but my wife and I travel quite a bit as well. We also just cancelled 2 cruises as well as multiple trips to Asia. We will cut back on some travel to higher risk places, but we WILL STILL TRAVEL...although international trips may be limited. I’ve admired your travels for many years and hope I have to opportunity to sit next to you on a future flight.

You are targeting 22 or 23 MM this year and my goal is 4MM (in a few years). We all salute you and you dedication to United! We have been loyal United members as well...but not nearly in your category. Safe travels to you and you family and we all hope for a quick solution to this COVID-19 pandemic!

Aloha!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Just been told that Australia has suspended ALL foreign arrivals!!!!!
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Not a surprise. US will likely close to all rather soon, including domestic travel bans too.

Stay safe out there, Tom.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:01 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
G'Day Mate

I redirected from the midwest to Melbourne Sunday the 15th at noon and arrived 29 hours later, Melbourne airport was empty

The Polaris club had 9 people in it, the front of the plane was empty but full of freight according to the crew

Every business class had a separate row other than the families tat probably chose to sit together, the PP section had complete empty rows

Its a mandatory self isolation with possible penalties for 2 weeks

Let me know when you get moving again and we meet at Steak Bank

Cheers Friend
kirkwoodj and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Can still arrive, just requires 14-day isolation after arrival.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Can still arrive, just requires 14-day isolation after arrival.
Yeah, I was corrected shortly after my post. Now I'm guilty of "Fake News!"
kirkwoodj, mdtakamine and jjmoore like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Yeah, I was corrected shortly after my post. Now I'm guilty of "Fake News!"
Lol we'll let this one go, although there is a rumour among the Aussie group that the DFAT (Dept Foreign Affairs & Trade) advice for all Australians to come home might signal an impending hard border shutdown
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:47 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
For travel restrictions to any particular region impacting UA / UA travelers, please use https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...il-2020-a.html

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:57 pm

22 million.....So close.......but yet, so far away.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Lol we'll let this one go, although there is a rumour among the Aussie group that the DFAT (Dept Foreign Affairs & Trade) advice for all Australians to come home might signal an impending hard border shutdown
Which has now happened...

22 million.....So close.......but yet, so far away.
I'm saying the same about 2 million, LOL. Stay safe, and be well.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by cricketer
Which has now happened...

I'm saying the same about 2 million, LOL. Stay safe, and be well.
My motto was stay alive till 25! now ,it't "Stay Alive!" I love to fly! I get sooo much joy and happiness flying with my United family!I am grounding myself for a minimum of 6 weeks. I haven't stayed at home for 10 days or more for almost 40 years! My wife is a teacher and is working from home. We are "isolating and enjoying our time together. We are blessed and pray for all those on the front lines medically, our family ,friends and all of you as well. Today China reported no new cases. Lets all pray that USA can have that day soon as well! Stay safe my friends. Tom
Old Mar 20, 2020, 6:35 am

My motto was stay alive till 25! now ,it't "Stay Alive!" I love to fly! I get sooo much joy and happiness flying with my United family!I am grounding myself for a minimum of 6 weeks. I haven't stayed at home for 10 days or more for almost 40 years! My wife is a teacher and is working from home. We are "isolating and enjoying our time together. We are blessed and pray for all those on the front lines medically, our family ,friends and all of you as well. Today China reported no new cases. Lets all pray that USA can have that day soon as well! Stay safe my friends. Tom
Good on ya, Tom! ^
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Was great to fly with you to CPT, Tom! Seems like a whole different era now even though it has only been a bit more than a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.