Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2019, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Tom featured here in a photo spread of EWR Polaris lounge fliers

https://www.thecut.com/2019/10/look-...ss-lounge.html
What a small world...I've known one of the guys featured on there from when I was about 6yrs old. I'm guessing the full New Yorker version had profiles for each person...
Old Nov 14, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by gmt4
'Ol Fred Finn has an active twitter account and is still laying claim to being the worlds most travelled Individual according to his profile. A matter of perspective it seems..
To be perfectly clear , Fredd is a personal friend of mine and a total class act. The “world record” means more to him, so as long as he is alive , which I hope is many many more years, claiming the record in the Guinness book means absolutely nothing to me.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
Hitting 3 million PQM on my flight today to Melbourne, Looking forward to one of my last trips of the year....the inaugural flight to Cape Town. Anyone else going? We should all meet up.
I will be on the inaugural CPT-EWR flight. Too bad we are going in opposite directions! Would've loved to meet up.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:56 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Fraser
What a small world...I've known one of the guys featured on there from when I was about 6yrs old. I'm guessing the full New Yorker version had profiles for each person...
Actually, the print version does not. It's literally a look book, with occasional Q&A for some, but not all, travelers.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Actually, the print version does not. It's literally a look book, with occasional Q&A for some, but not all, travelers.
Thanks! As it so happened my Doctor's office had a copy so was able to browse the complete thing on Friday. As you say really not much beyond what was on the webpage.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Passed 3,750,000 PQM this week. It looks like I will hit 4 million PQM for the second straight year. I know I’ve said it before, but I am absolutely cutting down on flying next year and every year after that. I want to spend more time with my boys on the ground and I want to visit more friends domestically. Looking forward to my annual Hawaii Thanksgiving.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Passed 3,750,000 PQM this week. It looks like I will hit 4 million PQM for the second straight year. I know I’ve said it before, but I am absolutely cutting down on flying next year and every year after that. I want to spend more time with my boys on the ground and I want to visit more friends domestically. Looking forward to my annual Hawaii Thanksgiving.
Congrats for another exceptional feat! One question, is there a reason you removed "Lifetime GS" from your FT profile? Inquiring mind.. Enjoy your family time, you deserve it!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: None anymore
Enjoy Hawaii, I'll be there as well!
Old Nov 19, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
...One question, is there a reason you removed "Lifetime GS" from your FT profile?...
Lifetime Chairman's Circle?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:06 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Congrats for another exceptional feat! One question, is there a reason you removed "Lifetime GS" from your FT profile? Inquiring mind.. Enjoy your family time, you deserve it!
Probably because GS 20MM > LT GS/4MM?
AeRoSpaceman, wrp96 and jjmoore like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:41 pm

I have updated my profile to say Lifetime GS. I thought the 20 million would say it for me . Also updated the 20 million to 21 million. By Thanksgiving it should be 21.5.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 7:31 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
This was waiting for me in my email inbox this morning and from the title, I knew there was only "the one and only"

https://www.flyertalk.com/articles/d...-mile-man.html

(and the hand drawn and signed by the crew 787 is <inserting my Boston accent heah> wikid cool ^

Last edited by goalie; Nov 22, 2019 at 9:08 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:05 am

I could never imagine flying so much. I was working in Chicago when you crossed the 10 million mile mark. The next morning after your party, you were interviewed on the news in front of Terminal 1 at ORD. I’ve never forgotten what you said when asked what advise would you give to travelers. You said to be kind to others when traveling! I tipped my hat to you then, as I tip my had to you today. Embrace your time with your boys before the sands of time slips away. Safe Travels & Happy Holidays!

P.S. May I send you a PM about Thailand?

Last edited by northsideguy; Nov 22, 2019 at 8:10 am
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by northsideguy
I could never imagine flying so much. I was working in Chicago when you crossed the 10 million mile mark. The next morning after your party, you were interviewed on the news in front of Terminal 1 at ORD. I’ve never forgotten what you said when asked what advise would you give to travelers. You said to be kind to others when traveling! I tipped my hat to you then, as I tip my had to you today. Embrace your time with your boys before the sands of time slips away. Safe Travels & Happy Holidays!

P.S. May I send you a PM about Thailand?
I remember that interview like it was yesterday. It was done by Lester Holt. I am traveling from London to Chicago today with my wife to join up with my 2 boys, stepdaughter and my beautiful granddaughter to watch the Bears -Giants game in the United Suite. ( Thank you Mileage plus exclusives!) Heading to Hawaii Wednesday for my 22nd consecutive Thanksgiving there. Quick trip. I take the red eye home to Newark on Saturday night than head back to Australia Sunday night for a Tuesday afternoon Charity event for Children’s Cancer. It’s called Bailey’s Day. Please feel free to go online and look it up. Bailey was my best friends son who died of brain cancer at the age of 2 about 15 years ago. Every year I donate the miles to auction off 4-5 round trip business class tickets for 2 international. It raises a lot of money. It is an awesome event held the first Tuesday of December every year. There is a golf outing in the morning. Please feel free to join me! Maybe even donate yourself. Happy Thanksgiving to all. We all have so much to be grateful for.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 11:15 pm

I remember that interview like it was yesterday. It was done by Lester Holt. I am traveling from London to Chicago today with my wife to join up with my 2 boys, stepdaughter and my beautiful granddaughter to watch the Bears -Giants game in the United Suite. ( Thank you Mileage plus exclusives!) Heading to Hawaii Wednesday for my 22nd consecutive Thanksgiving there. Quick trip. I take the red eye home to Newark on Saturday night than head back to Australia Sunday night for a Tuesday afternoon Charity event for Children’s Cancer. It’s called Bailey’s Day. Please feel free to go online and look it up. Bailey was my best friends son who died of brain cancer at the age of 2 about 15 years ago. Every year I donate the miles to auction off 4-5 round trip business class tickets for 2 international. It raises a lot of money. It is an awesome event held the first Tuesday of December every year. There is a golf outing in the morning. Please feel free to join me! Maybe even donate yourself. Happy Thanksgiving to all. We all have so much to be grateful for.
...and yes, you can PM me anytime.
gr8pirate likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.