Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ua1flyer - A "Real" Up-In-The-Air GS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:36 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Sitting in SYD ANZ lounge this very moment. The air conditions in Sydney on my departure are no fault of mine...
Australia is my second home with over 350 trips there. It saddens me so much to know what they have been through with these fires. There was smoke all around the airport in Melbourne this morning as well.
mdtakamine likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
...There was smoke all around the airport in Melbourne this morning as well.
...and up into Hunter Valley vineyards. Visited two wineries Friday and both said effect on grapes remain to be seen...
Old Jan 4, 2020, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
So I assume you've requalified for at least 1K by now?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
...and up into Hunter Valley vineyards. Visited two wineries Friday and both said effect on grapes remain to be seen...
I like Lapsang Souchong tea ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong ), provided I don't inhale it too much. I doubt wine folks would acquire that taste...
Old Jan 5, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
So I assume you've requalified for at least 1K by now?
With no more PQM , how do you qualify? BUS? I would have over 100,000 PQM after today.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ua1flyer
With no more PQM , how do you qualify? BUS? I would have over 100,000 PQM after today.
It's now based on how many Benjamins you spend. That said, you are lifetime #1 premier / elite at UA, so it's probably not as important a question...
drewguy, AeRoSpaceman and wrp96 like this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The annual BIS thread has you at 1.4-1.5 million. To put that in perspective... that's averaging about 8 hr/day at cruising speed, right? (assuming 500mph ground speed). Including boarding, taxi time, takeoff, landing, tarmac delays, waiting for a gate... 9-10 hr/day on a plane?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
The annual BIS thread has you at 1.4-1.5 million. To put that in perspective... that's averaging about 8 hr/day at cruising speed, right? (assuming 500mph ground speed). Including boarding, taxi time, takeoff, landing, tarmac delays, waiting for a gate... 9-10 hr/day on a plane?
Yep.......but the scary math is when you take the numbers and multiply it by garlic bread!
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:20 am

Tom,

I just saw this article from British GQ magazine (“Meet the Elvis of air miles”) and thought I’d share with fellow FTs. Apologies, if this is a duplicate post.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/travel...nited-airlines
ekwang, kirkwoodj and jjmoore like this.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:47 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Had a nice chat with Tom yesterday at the Polaris Lounge in SFO. He arrived from MEL and I from SIN.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Had a nice chat with Tom yesterday at the Polaris Lounge in SFO. He arrived from MEL and I from SIN.
Good to see you . Its been awhile. Congrats on your 5 million, safe travels and say hi to "you know who" when you pass him in the hallway!
iluv2fly and wxguy like this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kitto
Tom,

I just saw this article from British GQ magazine (“Meet the Elvis of air miles”) and thought I’d share with fellow FTs. Apologies, if this is a duplicate post.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/travel...nited-airlines
I liked the video and the article. Outside of the nap, any good tips for getting past jet lag? Only 54 (end of the month), and during my trip to London at Christmas, I could never get my body clock right. The six days were rough. Any tips appreciated. Eric
Old Jan 22, 2020, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Darn......just missed you guys again. Left that evening on 863 to Sydney.
iluv2fly likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Darn......just missed you guys again. Left that evening on 863 to Sydney.
We should hook up! Miss you guys. How is the new house? Going to be in Oahu next week for a few days.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
Tom,
with all the traveling you do, what is your take on the new points system vs mileage?
if you don’t mind sharing - how is it impacting you directly?

-Michael

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.