Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow Check IN-still only 1 carryon?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 11:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
There were announcements at FCC as I walked past from T1 on Sunday reminding people about only one bag (and the liquids) rule. However, someone from my flight went in to FCC without the 'liquid police' saying anything about the two bags. I suppose he may have had a problem at the x-ray, but I was through IRIS and on the tube by then!
Old Dec 19, 2007, 10:12 pm

Programs: UAL 1K (1.8 Million Miles), Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
I flew home from LHR to SFO yesterday 12/18, and was told by 2 different staff members that I would have to consolidate my very small purse into my larger tote bag, so I would comply with the 1 carry on bag rule.

It seems ridiculous, since once you're through security you can buy all you want at Duty Free and haul that on the plane along with your other bag!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 2:08 pm

CURRENT STATUS update? (January 2008)

My understanding is that the LHR 1 carryon bag rule was scheduled to officially change on January 7th.

I'd appreciate knowing if in fact this has actually occurred?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by sky guy
My understanding is that the LHR 1 carryon bag rule was scheduled to officially change on January 7th.

I'd appreciate knowing if in fact this has actually occurred?
Yes: see reassuring reports from the BA Board.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 3:43 pm

much obliged for your kind assistance.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Any more recent intelligence on the two-bag protocol? I'm departing through LHR T3 in a few weeks and hoping not to have to check a slim suiter.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by BearX220
Any more recent intelligence on the two-bag protocol? I'm departing through LHR T3 in a few weeks and hoping not to have to check a slim suiter.
Two bags now permitted: see the official UK regulations.
Old Oct 3, 2008, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Are they still being ridiculous about the size requirements? We all know our bags very well and if they will or will not fit easily into the overhead lockers. The size unit is very small especially for most traditional carry on bags sold in the US. I understand overflowing bags that are traditionally created to be checked in the hold, but are they being forceful about "normal" bags these days?
Old Oct 3, 2008, 9:07 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

While security LHR/LGW can certainly use the sizers, they have never done so for me and seem to do it very rarely for anyone else -- typically only as revenge (in their minds) for misbehavior.

As to whether your airline will do it, some definitely will. I had a recent unpleasant experience with that on Virgin Upper Class. But most carriers won't, especially for trans-Atlantic or long haul flights.
Old Oct 5, 2008, 6:03 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
I was fine a few days ago at T1 flying LHR-BRU. My bag which usually just fits the sizers was overfilled and I am sure it wouldn't have fit. Nobody cared.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Hey folks, sorry to bump an old thread but...

Wondering if my carryons will be weighed. Just trying to plan for heavy camera gear. I'm flying NW from MSP - LHR on September 12 with return Sept. 19 and am not noticing any verbiage on NW's own site about it. I do realize I'm permitted two bags, not one as before.

Any 2 cents appreciated. Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 12:20 am

They might - weight of carry-ons is nothing to do with the airport
Old Sep 3, 2009, 10:22 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
You should post your question in the NW forum for a better response, since as mentioned above this would be airline-specific.

I doubt sincerely that NW weighs carry-ons, but I never fly them so can't tell you for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.