Last edit by: NewbieRunner
Print Wikipost

Local lockdowns in the UK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
We are planning to visit friends in Northampton over Christmas - COVID willing. We are fully vaccinated, and we have the QR code using the CLEAR vaccination app. Does that work in the UK?

Also can we foreigners get the same tests at the same prices listed in this thread?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG

Also can we foreigners get the same tests at the same prices listed in this thread?
Yes, although some are postal options so you'd have to have them delivered - presumably to the friends. But monitor this thread, there are possible changes ahead for the test regime....
The _Banking_Scot and DaveS like this.

Last edited by Schwann; Sep 10, 2021 at 2:39 am
Old Sep 9, 2021, 11:50 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
We are planning to visit friends in Northampton over Christmas - COVID willing. We are fully vaccinated, and we have the QR code using the CLEAR vaccination app. Does that work in the UK?

We cannot predict what the situation will be in 2 weeks time. For Christmas you could ask a fortune teller at the nearest fun fair. Their answer would be as good as anything that can be offered here.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DaveS
We cannot predict what the situation will be in 2 weeks time. For Christmas you could ask a fortune teller at the nearest fun fair. Their answer would be as good as anything that can be offered here.
Plus it's Northampton, nothing to see there, move on...
nnn and Parkdesigner like this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This morning, quite unexpectedly, I received a text from Lambeth GPs Federation inviting me to have my 3rd dose/booster (both terms were used in the lengthy message), and I was able to make an appointment online for tomorrow afternoon. I hadn't given the idea of a booster much thought, but I'm certainly not going to turn one down even though I'll have to travel 150 miles to get it.

It might just be a glitch, though, as a month ago they sent me a reminder that I hadn't yet been vaccinated, only to send another text a few hours later apologising for the first one...
Old Sep 10, 2021, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Misco60
This morning, quite unexpectedly, I received a text from Lambeth GPs Federation inviting me to have my 3rd dose/booster (both terms were used in the lengthy message), and I was able to make an appointment online for tomorrow afternoon. I hadn't given the idea of a booster much thought, but I'm certainly not going to turn one down even though I'll have to travel 150 miles to get it.

It might just be a glitch, though, as a month ago they sent me a reminder that I hadn't yet been vaccinated, only to send another text a few hours later apologising for the first one...
Typical, you come over here, taking our jabs, etc etc......
Parkdesigner likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2021, 9:17 am

Daily data:

Cases 37,622 (42,076 last Friday)
Deaths 147 (121)
Patients admitted 1,063 (985 on the 30th)
People vaccinated up to and including 9 September2021:
First dose: 48,370,340
Second dose:43,805,608

The rolling seven day daily average for cases is now up 11.5% on the previous week and the same measure for deaths is up 18.7%. The rolling 7 day daily average for deaths is 135.3 today.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Third dose

It's very busy here at the booster clinic today, with walk-ins being accepted in addition to those with appointments. It's all very well-organised, though, and I was being jabbed less than 2 minutes after arriving.

I got a Pfizer this time around (my first two were AZ), so I have to hang around for 15 minutes before being allowed out.

I wasn't given any kind of vaccination card this time, but I'm guessing the NHS app will update soon.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:27 am

Daily data:

Cases 29,547 (37,578 last Saturday)
Deaths 156 (120)
People vaccinated up to and including 10 September 2021:
First dose: 48,395,359
Second dose: 43,895,440

The rolling seven day daily average for cases is now up 5.9% on the previous week and the same measure for deaths is up 25.2%. The rolling 7 day daily average for deaths is 140.4 today.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:32 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
More weird results? A spike before schools should have much of an impact, and now dropping again now that they should?

Much of Europe seems to have relaxed their rules (Vienna for example still has bars and clubs open, but with covid passes), and lower antibodies in the population, but our figures continue to rise against theirs? Denmark basically calling an end to the pandemic there?

I read something about the third shot giving a massive boost to antibodies and cutting infection quite a bit, as well as the serious stuff. Could this be our way past delta?

I'm playing a poker tournament in Vegas soon with a vax requirement 'within the last 6 months of the second shot'. Given it will be over 6 months on October 23rd, and the tournaments play until October 28th, what the hell would I do? EDITL; They may have removed this now (I hope), I don't have an option for a third shot, and I'm guessing there maybe some other settings/countries which may have this soon as well?

Last edited by PxC; Sep 11, 2021 at 10:43 am
Old Sep 11, 2021, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by PxC
More weird results? A spike before schools should have much of an impact, and now dropping again now that they should?
Trying to predict what happens next has never worked out well for those that have tried...
lhrsfo, Silver Fox and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Sep 11, 2021, 8:52 pm

The share of positive tests is also declining, it's around 3.5%. That's got to be good news.
Internaut and DaveS like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 3:51 am

A surprising development:

England vaccine passport plans ditched, Sajid Javid says

A scheme for vaccine passports for entry to nightclubs and large events in England will not be going ahead, the health secretary has said.

Sajid Javid told the BBC: "We shouldn't be doing things for the sake of it."

He said the government had looked at the evidence, adding: "I'm pleased to say we will not be going ahead."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58535258

Didn't see that one coming!
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:21 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Went to the theatre last night for the first time in 18 months. Signs everywhere asking people to wear masks if possible, but didn't see a single person wearing one (and it was booked to full capacity with ~1500 attendees), so no social distancing. As it's no longer a legal requirement, the polite request to wear masks if possible seems a bit fruitless. Booking seats online did require details for track and trace however. My city has a well below average uptake of vaccinations, so hopefully I won't get pinged later!
Internaut and 8420PR like this.
Old Sep 12, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
On a similar note, changes ahead for travel testing too.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...llers-dropped/
Ministers are preparing to lift the requirement for double-jabbed travellers to take PCR tests when they return to the UK, according to reports.

The tests will be scrapped for holidaymakers returning from green and amber list countries in what will prove to be a boost for the beleaguered travel industry.

Instead of expensive PCR tests on the second day after arrival, they will be asked to take a lateral flow test, which are currently offered for free by the NHS, according to the Mail on Sunday.

It could help cut the cost of holidays by hundreds of pounds for families, a financial barrier that has deterred millions from overseas trips this year.
What a wonderful Sunday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.