Reload this Page >

Manchester Connection Question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Manchester Connection Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by NHFL9
I’m also looking at same routing. Did you do this? Would be curious how it went?
I opted not to do it. Air passenger duty was just not competitive with routing thru Poland.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 6:31 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
I opted not to do it. Air passenger duty was just not competitive with routing thru Poland.
There is no APD payable when you transit the UK.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum

Originally Posted by :D!
There is no APD payable when you transit the UK.
Ah well whatever it was, the taxes + fees were insane. Bottom line just a bad deal compared to other options.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by BA_Jfan
Ah well whatever it was, the taxes + fees were insane. Bottom line just a bad deal compared to other options.
it was likely the carrier surcharge which isn’t a proper tax.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:28 am
mjm
Original Member

A question similar but different to those asked above.

In early May I arrive at 9:55am from LHR and depart on LoganAir for Aberdeen at 12:20pm.

I assume I collect my luggage on arrival at Terminal 3, go out and find the LM desk and check in there for the Aberdeen flight. Is this correct?

Any comments on this transfer now that things are somewhat back to normal vs when this thread was started?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes if your bag isn't checked through then exit via the baggage hall and then landside, up to check in, check your bag, and through security.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:37 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes if your bag isn't checked through then exit via the baggage hall and then landside, up to check in, check your bag, and through security.
Thank you very much Just to confirm though, BA will not check through on a connection to LoganAir will they?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:43 am

Is it one booking? If it is then they will, if it isn't then no they won't.

If your bag is checked through you can stay airside - when you get to the bottom of the stairs after the end of the jetbridge just turn right, then up the stairs on your left at the end and walk down the corridor in to the main airside waiting area.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 6:17 am
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by KARFA
Is it one booking? If it is then they will, if it isn't then no they won't.

If your bag is checked through you can stay airside - when you get to the bottom of the stairs after the end of the jetbridge just turn right, then up the stairs on your left at the end and walk down the corridor in to the main airside waiting area.
Once again many thanks
Old Jun 30, 2023, 11:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Do I correctly understand that MAN has no airside transfer between the terminals? Ie internationally transferring passengers need to go through both border control and security?
The airports "connecting flights" page isn't terribly helpful...

I have a connection on SK->SQ, on a single ticket so I presume bags will be checked through. SK lands at T1, SQ departs from T2.
Expertflyer says MCT is 45 minutes for this specific connection and 1:10 for all other connections onto a SQ flight. I am slightly surprised SK->SQ connections has a lower MCT than all other airlines, especially if there is a landside terminal transfer involved.
Old Jun 30, 2023, 11:40 am

yes that's correct. no airside transfers atm for that kind of connection.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 9:29 am

Hi everyone, apologies if this is not the correct thread but I had a question about connection time at MAN. I booked a flight arriving at MAN at 10 am from the US with the intent of getting a separate flight to Paris as I assumed there would be direct flights every hour. It looks like there are only 2 options with one being at 6 pm and one being at Noon. I’m assuming 1.5-2 hours is not enough time to make that Noon flight? I won’t be checking any bags so maybe that would help?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by waitwhat2002
Hi everyone, apologies if this is not the correct thread but I had a question about connection time at MAN. I booked a flight arriving at MAN at 10 am from the US with the intent of getting a separate flight to Paris as I assumed there would be direct flights every hour. It looks like there are only 2 options with one being at 6 pm and one being at Noon. I’m assuming 1.5-2 hours is not enough time to make that Noon flight? I won’t be checking any bags so maybe that would help?
Which airlines, and is it all 1 ticket?

Air France have 4 flights a day to CDG.

Easyjet fly to both CDG and ORY.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Which airlines, and is it all 1 ticket?

Air France have 4 flights a day to CDG.

Easyjet fly to both CDG and ORY.
Airline is Singapore which is one ticket. Yeah I saw the AF flights but 3 are before my flight lands and the last is at 6:30 pm. I was only seeing 3 flights on EasyJet with the one I can make being the one I mentioned. Maybe too early to see what others they have?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.