Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tickets for the Ashes

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2023, 9:04 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
tickets for the Ashes

I've just booked a trip to London for 30 Jun to 4 Jul, which I noticed partially overlaps with the Lord's test. I'm only somewhat casually a follower of cricket (off and on for quite a while, and back "on" in the last couple years), but would love to check this off my list of life goals

Specifically, I'm hoping to attend one or both of day 4 or day 5 (realizing that test matches don't always take the full 5 days) and unsurprisingly, everything looks sold out on the Lord's web site (and has been for a while I would imagine) so I assume at this point I'm stuck with the secondary market.

For example: https://www.stubhub.co.uk/england-cr..._id=1982744196

Any other recommended sites? Presume that electronic transfer is safer to avoid scams, but would I then be required to install the Lord's app or some other UK ticket app to scan for entry?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

EDIT: snagged a single for Day 5 so far via the Lord's app, which I was able to install (my main concern had been whether I was going to have to change my Google Play country to the UK...)

Last edited by Zorak; May 23, 2023 at 9:35 am
Old May 24, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
If you are prepared to stump up (pun fully intended) then there appears to be hospitality availability for Day 4 via Kieth Prowse. It's not cheap obviously. The way this England team is playing under McCullum + Stokes, I would not be holding out much hope for there being a Day 5.
Old May 24, 2023, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
If you are prepared to stump up (pun fully intended) then there appears to be hospitality availability for Day 4 via Kieth Prowse. It's not cheap obviously. The way this England team is playing under McCullum + Stokes, I would not be holding out much hope for there being a Day 5.
Yeah, I looked at the Keith Prowse offering and that's more than I feel like spending

If my searching/reading is correct, technically tickets are not permitted to be resold above face value and doing so renders them null and void? Is this actually enforced in practice? i.e. am I likely to have difficulties if I buy a ticket off of Stubhub/Viagogo etc.?
Old May 24, 2023, 3:14 pm

Programs: ua *s, kl se, asiana *g
missed the fact the OP was sorted

Last edited by swiss Julie; May 24, 2023 at 3:27 pm
Old May 24, 2023, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swiss Julie
missed the fact the OP was sorted
Only if the test reaches Day 5. Still in the market for tickets to Day 4 (possibly Day 3 if I get into town soon enough)
Old May 24, 2023, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
If my searching/reading is correct, technically tickets are not permitted to be resold above face value and doing so renders them null and void? Is this actually enforced in practice? i.e. am I likely to have difficulties if I buy a ticket off of Stubhub/Viagogo etc.?
I've never bought tickets for sporting events in the UK from Stubhub, so wouldn't like to comment. I did buy tickets from a tout outside the ground at Old Trafford for the 2005 Ashes and had no problems getting in (turned out that we ended up sitting next to the player's families), but that was a different city, different ground and scarily almost a different era so it's likely a case of YMMV.
Zorak likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Some additional day 4 tickets were posted on the Lord's official site yesterday, so I'm good to go
plunet, Hoyaheel, Mwenenzi and 2 others like this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Some additional day 4 tickets were posted on the Lord's official site yesterday, so I'm good to go
So, you ended up seeing a pretty good test match. How was the experience?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
So, you ended up seeing a pretty good test match. How was the experience?
I had a great time! I was in the Upper Grand Stand for day 4, and the upper tier of the Edrich Stand for day 5. Having previously only ever watched on TV/Willow, it was fantastic to be among the crowd and caught up in the atmosphere, etc. and finally see a match in person!
Hoyaheel and Captain Schmidt like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.