Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Invol schedule change TK refusing rebooking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold

I all, I wonder if TK policy changed regarding invol schedule change of more than 15 mn.
I ve been trying to rebook a business class ticket (award) to a date 8 days later and different destination in the same area without success so far.
- already sent 3 feedback forms, all answers negative.
- contacted my local sales offices DPS and CGK by email, they don't bother answering.
- contacted DPS and CGK sales office by phone, they're not answering.
Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

Last edited by Alfredbali; May 3, 2024 at 3:55 am
Old May 3, 2024, 2:05 am

Programs: M&S
I am having the same issue. Glad to know it's not just me.
İs it asking you to pay for the change?
Old May 3, 2024, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garbellinitj
I am having the same issue. Glad to know it's not just me.
İs it asking you to pay for the change?
Nope, they just say there is no seat available (which is a lie), and that they will not open a seat for me.
Old May 3, 2024, 4:43 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
exactly the same happened in March. They aren't moving a finger. 2 attempts via call center, with take it or leave it approach. And same was confirmed as reply to my feedback, that all is correct... Not even a region change, just other available flights day before
Old May 3, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
I all, I wonder if TK policy changed regarding invol schedule change of more than 15 mn.
Policy is the same 7 days before or 30 days after, it is also written at the website on booking page where the options are offered. I got today morning also email about schedule change, it was slightly less than one hour for the lh segment. Since I do want to change two segments instead of one to later date, it is not possible through the website. IST-Europe segment is not upgraded with voucher due to the lenght of IST layover but now when trying to change the date, it goes to J and TK asks 4 digit euros to pay just for IST-Europe upgrade .
Sent the chosed flights to TK contact, will be done on the next week since today is Friday. Recommendation is to contact local office and wait, it takes time and the weekend is coming.

Last edited by Jaenks; May 11, 2024 at 10:38 am
Old May 3, 2024, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It has been reported a few times in other threads that since the big change of TK M/S earlier this year, TK agents have been more restrictive in allowing a change of origin or destination following an invol. schedule change of more than 15min. In the past it was def. possible (within same region of course) but now it depends on the agent that you talk to.

Try to contact your local TK ticket office for assistance. Emails will often do as calling these offices are in general not possible.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
It has been reported a few times in other threads that since the big change of TK M/S earlier this year, TK agents have been more restrictive in allowing a change of origin or destination following an invol. schedule change of more than 15min. In the past it was def. possible (within same region of course) but now it depends on the agent that you talk to.

Try to contact your local TK ticket office for assistance. Emails will often do as calling these offices are in general not possible.
Thanks for the feedback, I already called and sent emails to my country local offices (DPS and CGK), as stated in my initial post, they are not picking up the phone or responding to emails whatsoever.
Will try again next week and keep everyone posted.
Old May 4, 2024, 9:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
I'm seeing the same thing, on a very simple request - schedule change of more than 2 hours, requesting to change what have been an over night connection to leave the same origin (and same destination) a day latter with a better connection time and get the go-around. They just use form reply not even addressing the request specifically. Quite annoying.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
I'm seeing the same thing, on a very simple request - schedule change of more than 2 hours, requesting to change what have been an over night connection to leave the same origin (and same destination) a day latter with a better connection time and get the go-around. They just use form reply not even addressing the request specifically. Quite annoying.
I'll have to take it back - a call to the call center took care of everything I needed to do in less than 5 minutes - which is a first with TK.
SK AAR likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 10:38 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by SK AAR

maybe badly trained phone agents treat it like a "delay" in which these services are offered.

Old May 6, 2024, 2:52 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
I'll have to take it back - a call to the call center took care of everything I needed to do in less than 5 minutes - which is a first with TK.
On the saver award ticket?
Old May 6, 2024, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by kaspars
On the saver award ticket?
On a saver award ticket with pre-devaluation prices. Trying to make the change online showed no availability. There was no saver availability when trying to book a new ticket.

I tried to skip calling the call center, do I open a ticket which just told me call the call center. After two back and forth (both were replied with 2-3 hours, another shock), I just tried and call in, expecting to get nothing is available and getting back to the feedback form.

I must say it was the most professional and straight forward call I had to the call center, probably ever. According to my phone record the call lasted 9 minutes and that includes all the phone tree before getting to the agent and me taking too long to find the old ticket number. I was shocked how easy it was. I got the new ticket while still on the call.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:56 am

On a saver award ticket with pre-devaluation prices. Trying to make the change online showed no availability. There was no saver availability when trying to book a new ticket.

I tried to skip calling the call center, do I open a ticket which just told me call the call center. After two back and forth (both were replied with 2-3 hours, another shock), I just tried and call in, expecting to get nothing is available and getting back to the feedback form.

I must say it was the most professional and straight forward call I had to the call center, probably ever. According to my phone record the call lasted 9 minutes and that includes all the phone tree before getting to the agent and me taking too long to find the old ticket number. I was shocked how easy it was. I got the new ticket while still on the call.
Very interesting and different experience indeed. Did they had I class readily available for the flights you wanted?
Old May 6, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by kaspars
Very interesting and different experience indeed. Did they had I class readily available for the flights you wanted?
must have been an agent that knew the term "involuntary" and its impact
Old May 6, 2024, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
must have been an agent that knew the term "involuntary" and its impact
while I hope they really improved the process, in the past for the flights backoffice needed to open I class for the call center to confirm the tickets. So probably you got super lucky and the I class was wide open for your desired flights...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.