Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Award ticket downgraded from business to economy on a schedule related change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket downgraded from business to economy on a schedule related change

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by scubadu
Sigh... it is just amazing to me that this airline continues to get away with operating this way...

Regards
I don't think TK is trying to cheat people, it's mostly due to a glitch and now the issue is resolved.
ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 7:52 am

Yeah, they blame it on their system. I have a flight that check in begins in less than 12 hours, and they are waiting on some sort of approval to re-issue the tickets. They agree there is a glitch on their app/website, but it doesn't look like they care to fix unless you put real pressure on them and even then, they don't seem to really care. The lesson learned here is never accept any change on their app and online, otherwise everything will just break and you'll be waiting till the last second to see if they can even resolve their own issue.

The most frustrating part until now has been every agent saying that they are unable to do anything and just wait for the feedback response by email.... and they do not respond by email. The latest was it is now on EMERGENCY status, and it doesn't sound like that means anything at this point. Turkish Airlines are probably the most frustrating airline to deal with when there are issues.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:12 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by nacho
I don't think TK is trying to cheat people, it's mostly due to a glitch and now the issue is resolved.
They don't cheat but they don't do anything either: I needed to reissue I class tix due to schedule change yesterday, and now, despite having plenty of connection options for the day I needed what are seen in the app, they only offer you one (not convenient) option. taje it or leave it, or we refund you back your miles. And apparently they cannot request back office to confirm the flights in I class any more after they changed to the new award pricing system...

Feedback submitted and response received: we see that a new tix has been issued. Full stop, despite my complaint it was the only inconvenient option they gave despite others available. So basically they do not care
Alfredbali likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:29 am

I had the same thing happen, no info on app for the seats being changed to Economy. My flight is on TK airlines IAD to IST. Changed from late to earlier flight same day.

the CC response is this... First of all, we are sorry for the irregularity you have suffered.

We would like to inform you that changes made via the website are the responsibility of the passenger. Therefore, we are unable to fulfill your free of charge reissue request.

We can only process reissue requests in accordance with your tickets fare rules. Fare rules may vary depending on whether your ticket is in the flexible, limited or promotional class.
To avoid similar problems on future flights, we recommend you take careful notice of your ticket rights specified at reservation.

Any tips/help on who to contact now? I have not contacted the local sales office since all the reps said to fill out the CC form. What is the best method to proceed from here?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Last resort is to wait for another schedule change of more than 15min.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Who are "all the reps" that told you to fill out the feedback form? Local sales office reps or call center reps? If you haven't spoken or written to your local sales office, do that now. They should be able to work with the back office in Istanbul to resolve your issue.
Old May 1, 2024, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
Who are "all the reps" that told you to fill out the feedback form? Local sales office reps or call center reps? If you haven't spoken or written to your local sales office, do that now. They should be able to work with the back office in Istanbul to resolve your issue.
Yes I have emailed all the local USA ticket offices. So far one has said fill feedback form on your own and one said we sent a feedback form for you, but no resolution offered at the local offices level yet. First feedback form was denied so will hope the next one sent by locat office works better.
Old May 8, 2024, 5:56 am

This same thing just happened to me and Im so distraught. I saved my points for years for my Turkish business flights. No where did they indicate a cabin change I never would have made the change had I known I was going to be downgraded. Spent 20 minutes with a rep on the phone and he said theres nothing he could do, I would just have to fill out a feedback form. I am also waiting on a phone call from a supervisor that Im sure will never come. Im currently on vacation so this was an expensive phone call and Im just so upset.
Old May 8, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: TK EP, AF Platinum for life, something in Oneworld not worth to mention...
Originally Posted by travels887
This same thing just happened to me and Im so distraught. I saved my points for years for my Turkish business flights. No where did they indicate a cabin change I never would have made the change had I known I was going to be downgraded. Spent 20 minutes with a rep on the phone and he said theres nothing he could do, I would just have to fill out a feedback form. I am also waiting on a phone call from a supervisor that Im sure will never come. Im currently on vacation so this was an expensive phone call and Im just so upset.
In my experience sometimes the backoffice takes 2 weeks to respond...no need to call, as they cannot do much
Old May 8, 2024, 8:05 am

Update : Well after 3 weeks back and forth finally Turkish fixed the ticket 🥳, on the Aeroflot individual suite plane now 🙌🏾. TLDR dont make any changes without a rep on the phone ☎️
Old May 8, 2024, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by drsaab
Update : Well after 3 weeks back and forth finally Turkish fixed the ticket 🥳, on the Aeroflot individual suite plane now 🙌🏾. TLDR dont make any changes without a rep on the phone ☎️
Any advice on how to move the process along? Im just afraid my original seat will be sold in the time it takes to hear back from the feedback form I submitted. I contacted them via Twitter and emailed the local SFO office but they said they couldnt do anything. And as expected, never received a phone call from a supervisor as was promised by the rep I spoke to yesterday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.