Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
As 7 November 2020, The options if your travel is affected and the informations about refunds parts are moved to the new guide thread specific to the topic.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2028156-guide-thread-cv-19-ticketing-changes-rebooking-cancellation-open-ticket-options.html

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS LINK TO FIND INFORMATION ABOUT SALES OFFICES AND TK HOTLINE NUMBERS.

Up to date info on TK cancellations and refund/re-booking conditions: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-be/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/

This thread would continue to provide information about potential border closures, major schedule changes, and any restrictions on TK flights in the future.

Given the fast moving situation please check the TK website. Information in this thread is just guidance and may not be complete or already outdated.

The current situation is stressful and worrying for many of us, please remain friendly and calm. FT members can only give suggestions, they are not representatives of Turkish Airlines.

CURRENT SITUATION ABOUT CORONAVIRUS RELATED RESTRICTIONS

TK and AnadoluJet have resumed domestic flights on 1 June 2020. Almost all domestic routes have been resumed with reduced frequencies.
TK and AnadoluJet have resumed international flights on 11 June 2020. Please consider the short-haul operations and long-haul operations threads for more details on operating routes.

* Be aware that restrictions may change at any time. Please keep in touch with the information of missions in Turkey and information on the Turkish Airlines website if you're planning to travel in the upcoming days/weeks.

Currently there are no restrictions to enter Turkey or to transfer at Turkey. There is also no COVID test requirement for both entering Turkey and transit ( unless you are departing from Pakistan or your arrival country asks for one ) and no quarantine upon entering Turkey.

Some countries have not opened their airports for passenger flights from/to Turkey so Turkish Airlines is not operating to all of their destinations. More information could be found in the respective threads.

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just to clarify, the translation on TIMATIC is not perfect but the suspension of flights from South Africa and Brazil are actually active for passengers ending for their journey in Turkey. Turkish Airlines could only accept passengers transitting a to a third-country at IST on those flights ( including CPT-IST ) and passengers ending their journey in a Turkish airport and not transferring to a third-country would be denied boarding.
Clarify what? The question was about flight existence, not about arrivals to Turkey There is a big difference between the flights suspension and arrival suspension from direct flights.Timatic is completely wrong, it is not translation issue. Beside TK confirmed June schedule shows direct flights to CPT and JNB and adjusts GRU flights up to 7 per week. Even if the arrival ban will be continued, the flights will not be suspended, at least for now.
Old May 23, 2021, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Jaenks
Clarify what? The question was about flight existence, not about arrivals to Turkey There is a big difference between the flights suspension and arrival suspension from direct flights.Timatic is completely wrong, it is not translation issue. Beside TK confirmed June schedule shows direct flights to CPT and JNB and adjusts GRU flights up to 7 per week. Even if the arrival ban will be continued, the flights will not be suspended, at least for now.
Yes, flights would continue.
I was implying that the Turkish authorities mis-translated the arrival ban that was originally published in Turkish at a circular notice.

TIMATIC says: "Flights arriving directly from Brazil and South Africa are suspended" which isn't true as you mentioned, however, this was added to mean that "Passengers arriving from direct flights from these countries could not board a Turkey bound flight unless they are transferring to a third country."
DaveS likes this.
Old May 23, 2021, 1:55 pm

Yes, flights would continue.
I was implying that the Turkish authorities mis-translated the arrival ban that was originally published in Turkish at a circular notice.
TIMATIC says: "Flights arriving directly from Brazil and South Africa are suspended" which isn't true as you mentioned, however, this was added to mean that "Passengers arriving from direct flights from these countries could not board a Turkey bound flight unless they are transferring to a third country."
That is irrelevant information. What matters is that flights are continuing for now from South Africa as that was asked. I pointed about miscorrect information in Timatic too.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Some changes to entering Turkey;

- All passengers who have been to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka within the last 14 days before arriving at Turkey would need PCR test 72 hours before arriving at Turkey and they would be quarantined at a government managed facility. Passengers are now allowed to arrive directly from South Africa and Brazil and the international transit requirement from arrivals from these countries have been lifted.
- Passengers who have been to the United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore within the last 14 days before arriving at Turkey would need a PCR test 72 hours before arrival.
( Please note that the PCR test requirement is no longer 72 hours before departure, it should be taken 72 hours before scheduled arrival time ).

For those passengers who have not been to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore within the last 14 days would need one of the following;
* COVID recovery certificate within 6 months before arrival
* Vaccination certificate where the last dose is taken at least 14 days before arrival ( there isn't any list vaccinations being accepted )
* A COVID PCR test taken at most 72 hours before scheduled arrival time into Turkey
* A COVID Antigen test taken at most 48 hours before scheduled arrival time into Turkey

Everyone could be randomly subject for testing upon arrival into Turkey ( this does not apply for transfer passengers not entering Turkey )

The passenger locator form requirement is still going on. Everyone arriving into Turkey must fill out one ( this does not apply for transfer passengers not entering Turkey ).

Here is the official statement below:

DaveS, Brandinho1 and northinsouth like this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:15 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Some changes to entering Turkey;

- All passengers who have been to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka within the last 14 days before arriving at Turkey would need PCR test 72 hours before arriving at Turkey and they would be quarantined at a government managed facility. Passengers are now allowed to arrive directly from South Africa and Brazil and the international transit requirement from arrivals from these countries have been lifted.
- Passengers who have been to the United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore within the last 14 days before arriving at Turkey would need a PCR test 72 hours before arrival.
( Please note that the PCR test requirement is no longer 72 hours before departure, it should be taken 72 hours before scheduled arrival time ).

For those passengers who have not been to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore within the last 14 days would need one of the following;
* COVID recovery certificate within 6 months before arrival
* Vaccination certificate where the last dose is taken at least 14 days before arrival ( there isn't any list vaccinations being accepted )
* A COVID PCR test taken at most 72 hours before scheduled arrival time into Turkey
* A COVID Antigen test taken at most 48 hours before scheduled arrival time into Turkey

Everyone could be randomly subject for testing upon arrival into Turkey ( this does not apply for transfer passengers not entering Turkey )

The passenger locator form requirement is still going on. Everyone arriving into Turkey must fill out one ( this does not apply for transfer passengers not entering Turkey ).

Here is the official statement below:

Thanks for this. I think the Turkish version says this starts today?
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveS
Thanks for this. I think the Turkish version says this starts today?
Yes, the new changes are already in effect.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:34 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Singapore?? You gotta be kidding me, we have like 20 new cases a day on a population of 5.5 million... I guess Turkey reads the news of Singapore's panicking government and believes there's a widespread epidemic raging.
poromenos likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 4:47 am

Official English version sent by Turkish embassy:
The Embassy of the Republic of Turkey would like to inform you of following decisions of the Turkish authorities regarding all inbound international travels (over land, sea and air route) to Turkey as of 1 June 2021:

1. Passengers arriving from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and those who have been in these countries for the last 14 days must submit a negative PCR test result taken at most 72 hours before arrival. These passengers are subject to quarantine for 14 days at places determined by the Governorships. At the end of 14th day, if the test result is negative, quarantine will be lifted. If the test result is positive, they will be isolated from the date that test result is positive and at the end of 14th day, if the test result is negative, the isolation will be terminated.

2. Passengers arriving from the United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore will be requested to submit a PCR test report with a negative result within the last 72 hours prior to arriving Turkey.

3. For passengers arriving from the countries other than those listed in the first and second articles, those who submit a document issued by their relevant country's official authorities stating that they have been vaccinated at least 14 days prior to arriving Turkey and/or have had the disease within the last 6 months before entry, will not be asked to present a negative PCR test report and quarantine measures will not be applied.
For passengers arriving from these countries who do not submit vaccination certificate or document stating that they have had the disease within the last 6 months, a PCR
test report with a negative result within the last 72 hours or a rapid antigen test report with a negative result within the last 48 hours prior to the entry will be sufficient.

4. There will be no PCR requirement and quarantine for the crew, seamen and TIR drivers defined as key personnel.
DaveS and northinsouth like this.

Last edited by Jaenks; Jun 6, 2021 at 1:59 am
Old Jun 1, 2021, 5:55 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
Finally !!
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:03 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Just to clarify, since transfer passengers are explicitly called out as excluded in PLF and random temperature tests sentences only - I'm transiting through IST from SIN in 2 weeks. My destination does not (at the time) require a PCR test. Will I need to have a PCR test to transit in IST? I don't see it explicitly called out, and announcement on TK website isn't any clearer.

And, incidentally, this is my 1000th post on FT I wish it was about something nicer than travel uncertainty.
DaveS and Brandinho1 like this.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: TK Elite+ Delta Platinum Medallion
I assume a Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate from the UK would not suffice for entry into Turkey and a PCR Test will be needed as well.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hdogan
Just to clarify, since transfer passengers are explicitly called out as excluded in PLF and random temperature tests sentences only - I'm transiting through IST from SIN in 2 weeks. My destination does not (at the time) require a PCR test. Will I need to have a PCR test to transit in IST? I don't see it explicitly called out, and announcement on TK website isn't any clearer.

And, incidentally, this is my 1000th post on FT I wish it was about something nicer than travel uncertainty.
If you are not entering Turkey, you would need to comply with the regulations of your final destination.
The entry requirements for Turkey would not matter in this case.

Originally Posted by Dave69NewYork
I assume a Covid 19 Vaccination Certificate from the UK would not suffice for entry into Turkey and a PCR Test will be needed as well.
If you have not been to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, South Africa, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, United Kingdom, Iran, Egypt and Singapore in the last 14 days, a UK issued vaccination certificate would be sufficient. However, someone arriving from the UK or the countries mentioned would still need a PCR test. There are no restrictions on the country issuing the vaccination certificate but where have you spent the last 14 days in.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Deleted. I'm a dope and can't read.

Last edited by northinsouth; Jun 2, 2021 at 3:47 am
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
Hello don't know if I am in the right place but in Sept we are in IST for 5 days and then to VCE. Wondering if there are any restrictions from IST to VCE Italy on separate tickets. we are Canadians and both vaccinated.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:38 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by Ramz
Hello don't know if I am in the right place but in Sept we are in IST for 5 days and then to VCE. Wondering if there are any restrictions from IST to VCE Italy on separate tickets. we are Canadians and both vaccinated.
It is hard to predict what the situation will be next week, let alone in September! I would just watch what is going on at this stage and ask again early in August...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.