Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ISTFlyer
As 7 November 2020, The options if your travel is affected and the informations about refunds parts are moved to the new guide thread specific to the topic.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2028156-guide-thread-cv-19-ticketing-changes-rebooking-cancellation-open-ticket-options.html

PLEASE LOOK AT THIS LINK TO FIND INFORMATION ABOUT SALES OFFICES AND TK HOTLINE NUMBERS.

Up to date info on TK cancellations and refund/re-booking conditions: https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-be/announcements/coronavirus-outbreak/

This thread would continue to provide information about potential border closures, major schedule changes, and any restrictions on TK flights in the future.

Given the fast moving situation please check the TK website. Information in this thread is just guidance and may not be complete or already outdated.

The current situation is stressful and worrying for many of us, please remain friendly and calm. FT members can only give suggestions, they are not representatives of Turkish Airlines.

CURRENT SITUATION ABOUT CORONAVIRUS RELATED RESTRICTIONS

TK and AnadoluJet have resumed domestic flights on 1 June 2020. Almost all domestic routes have been resumed with reduced frequencies.
TK and AnadoluJet have resumed international flights on 11 June 2020. Please consider the short-haul operations and long-haul operations threads for more details on operating routes.

* Be aware that restrictions may change at any time. Please keep in touch with the information of missions in Turkey and information on the Turkish Airlines website if you're planning to travel in the upcoming days/weeks.

Currently there are no restrictions to enter Turkey or to transfer at Turkey. There is also no COVID test requirement for both entering Turkey and transit ( unless you are departing from Pakistan or your arrival country asks for one ) and no quarantine upon entering Turkey.

Some countries have not opened their airports for passenger flights from/to Turkey so Turkish Airlines is not operating to all of their destinations. More information could be found in the respective threads.

Print Wikipost

Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2020, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by supatight80
Just to clarify, we can still travel to Turkey right??

I have plans to stay in Istanbul for 2 days prior for departure to Egypt.

Thanks!
Turkey has no border restrictions at the moment.
As ​​​mesuttoker mentioned, tourists are exempt from the lockdown and curfew rules. This was clarified a few days ago.
Old Dec 9, 2020, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Turkey has no border restrictions at the moment.
As ​​​mesuttoker mentioned, tourists are exempt from the lockdown and curfew rules. This was clarified a few days ago.
Wow! How's the Covid situation in Turkey? Shops open?
Old Dec 9, 2020, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nacho
Wow! How's the Covid situation in Turkey? Shops open?
Yes, shops are open from 10:00 to 20:00 on weekdays.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:49 am
Suspended

[DELETED] wrong thread
Old Dec 15, 2020, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Any idea when the Spring 2021 TATL schedule will be decided?
Probably not earlier than February. Airlines are waiting if the new US president Joe Biden would change old President Donald Trump's Presidential Proclamation or not. ( The EU, UK, Brasil, China, Iran ban for non-US citizens/residents )
DaveS likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Old Dec 20, 2020, 7:20 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Turkey has joined many other countries in cancelling flights to the UK, Netherlands & South Africa today. From the TK web site:

To the attention of our passengers;

Our United Kingdom, Denmark, Netherlands and South Africa flights have been suspended in accordance with the decisions taken by the authorities and the precautions we take for your health.
It looks like today/tomorrow (21-22nd December) to begin with.

Edit: Flights cancelled through to 24th now.

Last edited by DaveS; Dec 22, 2020 at 8:53 pm
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:11 am

I just received a cancellation email for flights into LGW on the 3rd January.
Old Dec 24, 2020, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I decided to overview the current situation of routes to the UK, Denmark, and South Africa

United Kingdom:
Birmingham - One-off flights on 28 December, 2-3-4 January - x4 weekly after 4 January
Edinburgh - Resuming on 7 January - x3 weekly
London Heathrow - Resuming 28 December - x1 daily until 1 January, x2 daily on/after 2 January
London Gatwick - Resuming 2 January - x4 weekly
London Stansted ( AnadoluJet from SAW ) - Resuming 1 January - x1 daily
Manchester - One-off flights on 26 & 31 December - x9 weekly on/after 2 January

South Africa:
Cape Town: Resuming on 2 January - x3 weekly
Durban - Temporarily suspended
Johannesburg - Resuming on 2 January - x3 weekly

Denmark:
Copenhagen - One-off flights on 26 & 29 December - x10 weekly on/after 2 January
Billund - Temporarily suspended

Edit: AnadoluJet SAW-STN route added
DaveS likes this.

Last edited by ISTFlyer; Dec 24, 2020 at 9:12 am
Old Dec 25, 2020, 10:44 am

The second flight to/from Heathrow appears to have operated today. It looks like there are two flights to LHR tomorrow too (at least they can be booked).
Old Dec 25, 2020, 11:34 am

I wonder if this also applies to transit passengers...

Old Dec 25, 2020, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DaveS
The second flight to/from Heathrow appears to have operated today. It looks like there are two flights to LHR tomorrow too (at least they can be booked).
These flights operated as repatriation flights rather than scheduled ones.
However, the original scheduled flight numbers were used.

Originally Posted by SFOTraveler1984

https://twitter.com/turkishairlines/...397452801?s=21
I guess we'll never know the real answer until TIMATIC is updated.
According to the speech of Mr. Fahrettin Koca ( minister of health ) every passenger boarding a flight to Turkey should have a negative COVID PCR test taken 72 hours before arrival in Turkey. There are some sources that mentioning Turkish citizens/Residents could opt-out if they are OK self-isolating at their houses or in a government facility ( student dormitory ) - They would be tested at their homes or at the dormitories, after the 7th day of arrival.

There is also a pdf of the circular notice at Airporthaber ( not sure if it would be clarified though, at a later stage ) that claims that a negative test would be required for those passengers seeking to enter Turkey without mentioning transfer passengers.

If there are further updates, I'll be posting them here.
DaveS and SFOTraveler1984 like this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:21 pm

Thanks for the additional information, ISTFlyer!
I hope it is only for passengers entering Turkey and not for transit passengers. I am fine to get tested if the destination country requires it and so far, for most of my journeys that resulted in a test for either the outbound or the inbound trip.
Making this a requirement for transit in Istanbul means getting tested for both legs of the journey (outbound and inbound) irrespective of the requirement of the destination/origin country...

I think Emirates had (have?) a requirement for transit too and it was a reason to avoid them in the last months.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the additional information, ISTFlyer!
I hope it is only for passengers entering Turkey and not for transit passengers. I am fine to get tested if the destination country requires it and so far, for most of my journeys that resulted in a test for either the outbound or the inbound trip.
Making this a requirement for transit in Istanbul means getting tested for both legs of the journey (outbound and inbound) irrespective of the requirement of the destination/origin country...

I think Emirates had (have?) a requirement for transit too and it was a reason to avoid them in the last months.
For the Emirates part, they lifted the test requirement for airside transfer pax months ago and offered testing on arrival for those who don't have a COVID test when entering the UAE.
SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 5:33 pm

Exclamation

https://twitter.com/turkishairlines/...397452801?s=21
Yes it is.Good bye TK.

Turkish Airlines obliges PCR tests for all int’l passengers

All passengers coming from abroad required to submit PCR virus test results of last 72 hours before boarding

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/latest-on-coronavirus-outbreak/turkish-airlines-obliges-pcr-tests-for-all-int-l-passengers-/2088868

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.