FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/2010508-coronavirus-flight-cancellations-entry-restrictions.html)

starflyergold Feb 25, 2020 8:52 am

Coronavirus: Flight cancellations and entry restrictions

TK have announced that all China (mainland) flights are suspended until 29 February. In addition all Iran flights, except Tehran, are suspended too.

Entry to Turkey for passengers that were in China or Iran:
In addition, due to the decree by the Turkish official authorities, foreign citizens who were in China and Qom city of Iran in the last 14 days will not be granted entry to Turkey.

mandilmos Feb 25, 2020 1:35 pm

By today no flights to Tehran too..

Dave69NewYork Feb 29, 2020 1:46 pm

Flight Cancellations

By tonight no Italy or Iraq or South Korea

RanChin Mar 1, 2020 10:53 pm

Currently, Italy frequency is reduced from 10MAR onwards. I am flying AI DEL-FCO on 18MAR and after a night in Rome, I am flying FCO-IST on 19MAR on TK. I'm wondering what are the odds that my flights remain the way they are.

Also, I'm worried about having to quarantine in Istanbul, has anyone experienced any additional scrutiny for Italy arrivals?

starflyergold Mar 2, 2020 2:57 am

Turkish Airlines announced on Sunday it has temporarily canceled all flights to Italy because of the coronavirus outbreak.
https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/tur...-italy/1750357

AurelAF96 Mar 3, 2020 8:18 am

I'm currently living in Italy and i have a ticket from ATH to LIS via IST

How i proceed to cancel this ticket and get the refund? No one answer, and i guess calling their international call center can be expensive?

Thanks for the help

starflyergold Mar 3, 2020 8:26 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 32136412)

How i proceed to cancel this ticket and get the refund? No one answer, and i guess calling their international call center can be expensive?

Thanks for the help

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i.../get-in-touch/

AurelAF96 Mar 3, 2020 8:35 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold (Post 32136444)

As i said both Milan and Athens call center don't answer

SK AAR Mar 3, 2020 8:39 am

As a last resort go the local ticket office/any ticket office near you

AurelAF96 Mar 3, 2020 8:42 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 32136492)
As a last resort go the local ticket office/any ticket office near you

Thank you, the italian office can deal with an EX-ATH booking?

ISTFlyer Mar 3, 2020 9:01 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 32136412)

Thanks for the help

I think you are out of luck. Even though you live in Italy, your ticket does not involve Italy so TK would probably deny your refund claim. You could simply call your travel insurance ( if you have one ).
And, the sales offices in Italy would be able to help you with this booking, as they should be expecting a high number of calls and e-mails at the moment, it would be better if you visit them in person.

AurelAF96 Mar 3, 2020 9:04 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32136576)
I think you are out of luck. Even though you live in Italy, your ticket does not involve Italy so TK would probably deny your refund claim. You could simply call your travel insurance ( if you have one ).
And, the sales offices in Italy would be able to help you with this booking, as they should be expecting a high number of calls and e-mails at the moment, it would be better if you visit them in person.

I can't ask for a refund whereas i'm not allowed to board my flight because i was in Italy?
If so they have to reroute me no?

EU rules cannot help me with that also because my flight is in less than 14 days?

ISTFlyer Mar 3, 2020 9:08 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 32136590)
I can't ask for a refund whereas i'm not allowed to board my flight because i was in Italy?
If so they have to reroute me no?

EU rules cannot help me with that also because my flight is in less than 14 days?

You can't ask a ticket refund without penalties as Athens - Istanbul - Lisbon does not involve Italy or any of the affected countries in it.
Currently, where are you and how are you planning to go to Greece, with a separate ticket or is there an Italy - Istanbul - Athens sector operated by TK in the same ticket?

And, yes unless your flights are canceled EU rules could not help you.

AurelAF96 Mar 3, 2020 9:14 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 32136606)
You can't ask a ticket refund without penalties as Athens - Istanbul - Lisbon does not involve Italy or any of the affected countries in it.
Currently, where are you and how are you planning to go to Greece, with a separate ticket or is there an Italy - Istanbul - Athens sector operated by TK in the same ticket?

And, yes unless your flights are canceled EU rules could not help you.

I'm coming to ATH from Milan on a separate ticket (AZ one)

Yes i'm agreed with you that my TK ticket does not involve Italy, but i will (i think) be denied boarding because i was in Italy. But my ticket was booked one month ago, so way before that, how TK cannot refund or at least change the ticket?

ISTFlyer Mar 3, 2020 9:20 am

Originally Posted by AurelAF96 (Post 32136625)
I'm coming to ATH from Milan on a separate ticket (AZ one)

Yes i'm agreed with you that my TK ticket does not involve Italy, but i will (i think) be denied boarding because i was in Italy. But my ticket was booked one month ago, so way before that, how TK cannot refund or at least change the ticket?

There is no indication that Italian citizens are not allowed to fly to Turkey; only direct flights from Italy to Turkey are canceled. By the way, there would be no Italy stamps in your passport as MXP/LIN-ATH is Schengen.

You could give a shot to change or cancel your ticket, but the hotline may not be able to help you and I would suggest you to visit a sales office where you are. You could either visit the Malpensa office, the Milan city office or where ever you want. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts that they should be receiving a high number of calls and e-mails, so it's best to visit them in person.