Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Welcome to this thread where you could find detailed information about food onboard Turkish Airlines.
For information on the Turkish Airlines website please click here.

Meals are complimentary on all Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights regardless of travel class and flight time.
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary as well, however, they are only loaded to selected flights.

Feel free to edit the WIKI if you want to add further information or if you think that it needs modification.

WIKI updated until post: 289

Domestic and Short Haul:

Business Class: 197
Economy Class: 236
AnadoluJet:

Medium Haul:

Business Class: 187, 196, 234, 266, 268, 282, 289
Economy Class: 305
AnadoluJet:

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
Westbound flights departing from IST

Eastbound/Southbound flights departing from IST

Westbound/Northbound flights departing an outstation

Eastbound flights departing an outstation

Economy Class:

11:10 TK800 PTY-IST, Business, #269

Before COVID-19
Meals are loaded on flights depending on the flight time and classified like this.

Domestic:

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot light breakfast, a cheese & fruit plate in addition to butter and jam.
Flights later in the day would get a starter dish + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A cheese sandwich ( warm ) is served on all domestic flights
AnadoluJet flights: A cold sandwich or a pre-packaged cake is served on all flights

Short Haul up to 2 hours ( eg. Tel Aviv, Athens, Bucharest... )

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( omelette, borek, gozleme ( Turkish style pastry ) ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( chicken, lamb, köfte... ) + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A box containing a sandwich, a cake and a salad ( for morning flights: yoghurt ) would be served.

Medium Haul between 2 and 8 hours ( eg. Mumbai, Paris, Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa... )

Regardless of the flight time, these flights would get only one food service and no second meal or snack is served on Economy Class at all. On longer flights, drink runs are made by the cabin crew midway during the flight.

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( 2 options would be present: generally one would be an egg dish and the other one a Turkish style breakfast dish ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( 3 options would be present: generally a pasta dish, a meat dish, and a fish dish ) + a salad + a dessert.
Economy Class: A hot meal would be served with a salad and dessert. For morning flights instead of a salad and a dessert, yogurt and a cheese&olive plate would be present. Some flights may receive a brownie instead of yogurt.

LongHaul more than 8 hours ( List Below )

The destinations are: Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Denpasar (Bali), Durban, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles Madagascar, Manila, Maputo, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Panama, Phuket, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington DC, Xi'an.

Onboard both cabins, two main courses would be served on these flights according to the flight time. A snack basket would be available at the galley which would have sandwiches and cakes.

Flights departing between 04:00-10:30 would have a Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner
Flights departing between 10:30-04:00 would have Lunch/Dinner + Breakfast ( if arriving at morning ) / Lunch/Dinner ( if arriving later in the day )

Business Class: Depends on the route. You could find information about meals here. In addition, pre-ordering meals are also available for several flights, for more information please consider looking at the relevant thread by clicking here.
Economy Class: Depends on the route.

Below this line, you would be able to find example meals and photos of the offerings onboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIKI updated until post: 77

Domestic:

Breakfast - Business Class: 9
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 10
Economy: 4, 36
AnadoluJet:

Short Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 7, 17, 63
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 6, 16, 42, 60
Economy:

Medium Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 14, 29, 59
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 5, 15, 28, 44, 65
Breakfast - Economy: 2, 11, 53
Rest of the Day - Economy: 3, 8, 25, 52

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
13:05 TK79 IST-SFO, Business, #18, 30
15:40 TK31 IST-ATL, Business, #71

1:30 TK66 IST-DPS, Business, #35, 72 ( breakfast only )
2:00 TK70 IST-HKG, Business #74 ( main course only )

21:00 TK67 DPS-IST, Business, #48
21:45 TK65 BKK-IST, Business, #38
21:55 TK25 TPE-IST, Business, #23

18:30 TK10 LAX-IST, Business, #19, 22, 32, 70
18:10 TK80 SFO-IST, Business, #27
23:05 TK36 YUL-IST, Business, #31, #75

Economy Class:

-------------------------------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
It's sad to see TK is already doing some cost savings on alcohol.. I'd always think TK could do great marketing for Turkish wines, but as mentioned above, they're only offering very cheap ones even in J. Turkish wines are really good, especially Okuzgozu. Wish they actually hired a good sommelier and picked the right ones.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Not TK related, but catering/food related, so probably off-topic, but I had to visit London recently and went well out of my way to visit a Simit Sarayi. I may be becoming addicted to Turkish food. Can anyone help?
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyjfk
It's sad to see TK is already doing some cost savings on alcohol.. I'd always think TK could do great marketing for Turkish wines, but as mentioned above, they're only offering very cheap ones even in J. Turkish wines are really good, especially Okuzgozu. Wish they actually hired a good sommelier and picked the right ones.
From this TR, the wine offerings look pretty good. I like Mumm (more than Moet and Veuve), a $25 Chablis and a couple other nice wines as well. https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....-class-review/

Is this list very outdated (published in 2018) - do they still serve Mumm on board and a French white / red?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
- On short and medium-haul flights, for a round-trip turnaround, the number of beer loaded to the aircraft would be: for narrow-body aircraft 20, for A330 50, for 77W 60. This is a reduction. ( Economy Class
Is this really correct? So for a standard medium-haul trip (IST-EU I assume) Airbus with 160 economy passengers there would be 10 beers available (20 for a roundtrip divided by 2)?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I assume that the cabin crew would have time that they are out of beer or wine. Instead, they would have to offer coke or ayran Maybe cherry juice instead of red wine

Unfortunately, that's true Gnopps
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I assume that the cabin crew would have time that they are out of beer or wine. Instead, they would have to offer coke or ayran Maybe cherry juice instead of red wine

Unfortunately, that's true Gnopps
Still seems strange. Assuming 50 passengers want a beer, that means 40 people who will be disappointed that there is no beer. Then it would be better for TK to outright stop serving alcohol and set expectations right. That way you'll have 50 passengers who may miss the beer (and choose another airline next time), but they won't be disappointed after the flight at least.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
From this TR, the wine offerings look pretty good. I like Mumm (more than Moet and Veuve), a $25 Chablis and a couple other nice wines as well. https://liveandletsfly.boardingarea....-class-review/

Is this list very outdated (published in 2018) - do they still serve Mumm on board and a French white / red?
Let me check next week and see if this is the current one. I think they now serve wines harvested from 2017 for the Turkish ones
Old Dec 5, 2019, 4:39 pm

Let me check next week and see if this is the current one. I think they now serve wines harvested from 2017 for the Turkish ones
Thanks! I may have misunderstood the post upthread - it sounds like they are going from 4 wines of each variety to 3 which still means there will be a big choice of wines. I'm just hoping it's not any of the French ones that are taken off!
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Gnopps
Still seems strange. Assuming 50 passengers want a beer, that means 40 people who will be disappointed that there is no beer. Then it would be better for TK to outright stop serving alcohol and set expectations right. That way you'll have 50 passengers who may miss the beer (and choose another airline next time), but they won't be disappointed after the flight at least.
Exactly what I thought - they loaded 10 cans of beer so they can tell people that beer is free. It's exactly what United is doing - they loaded 6 cans of tomato juice on a 777-200 TATL for a full flight! Why even have that on the menu? Or they should announce that we only have 6 cans of tomato juice on board.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
As Erdogan is now backed by the Muslim Brotherhood, and other clear tendencies toward Muslim fundamentalism within the Turkish government, could this be part of the slow transition to a dry airline? Doesn't seem rational after all Turkish Airlines has done to expand routes, win new customers, etc., but there are already 10-15 dry airlines in the world, and they don't seem to be going under. Just a thought.
Old Dec 7, 2019, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by spainflyer
As Erdogan is now backed by the Muslim Brotherhood, and other clear tendencies toward Muslim fundamentalism within the Turkish government, could this be part of the slow transition to a dry airline? Doesn't seem rational after all Turkish Airlines has done to expand routes, win new customers, etc., but there are already 10-15 dry airlines in the world, and they don't seem to be going under. Just a thought.
It could be, but it could also be a cost cutting act like they wipe out seafood meals in Y, charging for exit seats, baby bassinets.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by spainflyer
could this be part of the slow transition to a dry airline? Doesn't seem rational after all Turkish Airlines has done to expand routes, win new customers, etc., but there are already 10-15 dry airlines in the world, and they don't seem to be going under.
I am not going near the political dimension of this but from a simple strategy point of view, TK is heavily counting on being a "super-connector" through IST, for a largely international audience travelling between APAC, Africa, Europe and North America. To succeed, they need a product that fits those people's expectations. @:-)

No dry airline I am aware of is pursuing a similar strategy of actively going after intl.- intl. travellers.
TPACjv and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by kthpence
Thanks! I may have misunderstood the post upthread - it sounds like they are going from 4 wines of each variety to 3 which still means there will be a big choice of wines. I'm just hoping it's not any of the French ones that are taken off!
here’s the wine menu from today’s IST-SFO
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:48 am

here’s the wine menu from today’s IST-SFO
3 whites, 5 reds, a nice champagne and a rose? Definitely a bit nicer than any other J I've flown across the Atlantic (UA, DL, AA, LH, AC) !
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:29 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Dinner service on TK 71 yesterday:

ankomonkey and ISTFlyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.