Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Welcome to this thread where you could find detailed information about food onboard Turkish Airlines.
For information on the Turkish Airlines website please click here.

Meals are complimentary on all Turkish Airlines and AnadoluJet flights regardless of travel class and flight time.
Alcoholic beverages are complimentary as well, however, they are only loaded to selected flights.

Feel free to edit the WIKI if you want to add further information or if you think that it needs modification.

WIKI updated until post: 289

Domestic and Short Haul:

Business Class: 197
Economy Class: 236
AnadoluJet:

Medium Haul:

Business Class: 187, 196, 234, 266, 268, 282, 289
Economy Class: 305
AnadoluJet:

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
Westbound flights departing from IST

Eastbound/Southbound flights departing from IST

Westbound/Northbound flights departing an outstation

Eastbound flights departing an outstation

Economy Class:

11:10 TK800 PTY-IST, Business, #269

Before COVID-19
Meals are loaded on flights depending on the flight time and classified like this.

Domestic:

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot light breakfast, a cheese & fruit plate in addition to butter and jam.
Flights later in the day would get a starter dish + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A cheese sandwich ( warm ) is served on all domestic flights
AnadoluJet flights: A cold sandwich or a pre-packaged cake is served on all flights

Short Haul up to 2 hours ( eg. Tel Aviv, Athens, Bucharest... )

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( omelette, borek, gozleme ( Turkish style pastry ) ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( chicken, lamb, köfte... ) + a salad + a dessert
Economy Class: A box containing a sandwich, a cake and a salad ( for morning flights: yoghurt ) would be served.

Medium Haul between 2 and 8 hours ( eg. Mumbai, Paris, Stockholm, London, Addis Ababa... )

Regardless of the flight time, these flights would get only one food service and no second meal or snack is served on Economy Class at all. On longer flights, drink runs are made by the cabin crew midway during the flight.

Business Class: Morning flights would get a hot dish ( 2 options would be present: generally one would be an egg dish and the other one a Turkish style breakfast dish ) alongside with a cheese & fruit plate, butter, jam, bread, and Danish pastries
Rest of the day flights would get a starter + a main dish ( 3 options would be present: generally a pasta dish, a meat dish, and a fish dish ) + a salad + a dessert.
Economy Class: A hot meal would be served with a salad and dessert. For morning flights instead of a salad and a dessert, yogurt and a cheese&olive plate would be present. Some flights may receive a brownie instead of yogurt.

LongHaul more than 8 hours ( List Below )

The destinations are: Atlanta, Bangkok, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Caracas, Chicago, Denpasar (Bali), Durban, Guangzhou, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Houston, Jakarta, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Los Angeles Madagascar, Manila, Maputo, Mauritius, Miami, Montreal, Newark, New York, Panama, Phuket, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Singapore, Shanghai, Taipei, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington DC, Xi'an.

Onboard both cabins, two main courses would be served on these flights according to the flight time. A snack basket would be available at the galley which would have sandwiches and cakes.

Flights departing between 04:00-10:30 would have a Breakfast + Lunch/Dinner
Flights departing between 10:30-04:00 would have Lunch/Dinner + Breakfast ( if arriving at morning ) / Lunch/Dinner ( if arriving later in the day )

Business Class: Depends on the route. You could find information about meals here. In addition, pre-ordering meals are also available for several flights, for more information please consider looking at the relevant thread by clicking here.
Economy Class: Depends on the route.

Below this line, you would be able to find example meals and photos of the offerings onboard.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
WIKI updated until post: 77

Domestic:

Breakfast - Business Class: 9
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 10
Economy: 4, 36
AnadoluJet:

Short Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 7, 17, 63
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 6, 16, 42, 60
Economy:

Medium Haul:

Breakfast - Business Class: 14, 29, 59
Rest of the Day - Business Class: 5, 15, 28, 44, 65
Breakfast - Economy: 2, 11, 53
Rest of the Day - Economy: 3, 8, 25, 52

Long Haul:

The list for long haul flights would be made by the departure time and flight number.
Flights departing from IST and outstations are separated for your convenience.
Eg: 13:05 TK 9 Istanbul to Los Angeles - Business Class

Business Class:
13:05 TK79 IST-SFO, Business, #18, 30
15:40 TK31 IST-ATL, Business, #71

1:30 TK66 IST-DPS, Business, #35, 72 ( breakfast only )
2:00 TK70 IST-HKG, Business #74 ( main course only )

21:00 TK67 DPS-IST, Business, #48
21:45 TK65 BKK-IST, Business, #38
21:55 TK25 TPE-IST, Business, #23

18:30 TK10 LAX-IST, Business, #19, 22, 32, 70
18:10 TK80 SFO-IST, Business, #27
23:05 TK36 YUL-IST, Business, #31, #75

Economy Class:

-------------------------------------------------------
Print Wikipost

Turkish Airlines Catering Master Thread | Photos, Menus, Reviews ( 2019 onwards )

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
TK 758 Istanbul to Dubai ( Economy Class )
Departure Time: 23:00
Medium-Haul, Dinner

Economy class, September 8 IST-DXB

TK 761 Dubai to Istanbul ( Economy Class )
Departure Time: 02:05
Medium-Haul, Dinner

Economy class, September 12 DXB-IST

TK 1751 Istanbul to Oslo ( Economy Class )
Departure Time: 07:40
Medium-Haul, Breakfast

Economy class, September 12 IST-OSL
freefalcon likes this.

Last edited by thefilipinotraveler; Sep 26, 2022 at 5:06 pm
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
I dislike the eggs with cheese for economy breakfast
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MitjaPod
I dislike the eggs with cheese for economy breakfast
Which is really annoying since TK has that menu on their dish for around 10-15 years and it's usually the single option from IST to Medium-Haul destinations on departures at the morning.

The flavor of the yoghurt varies but the eggs, cheese toast and the breakfast plate with olives and cheese was always repetitive. Otherwise, the dish is decent but without no other choices and not being a one-time flyer, I would agree that it could be annoying to have this dish all the time.
TPACjv and MitjaPod like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
TK 1793 Stockholm to Istanbul ( Business Class )
Departure Time: 11:05, September 21
Medium-Haul, Lunch

Turkish Meze

The lamb chops was actually very good. My partner wanted the salmon but being the 2 of the last 3 to be asked, they only had pasta left.

TK 84 Istanbul to Manila ( Business Class )
Departure Time: 02:30, September 22
Long-Haul, Dinner

The pumpkin soup was flavorful

The prawn tagliatelle with lobster sauce was a bit salty ..

Mike´s fish was okay but nothing special

Double chocolate nougat

Apple strudel

Before landing in Manila at 7:10pm

Scrambled eggs, mushroom, tomato

Interestingly, my partner asked for champagne and was served white wine, as they did not have champagne onboard
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Aren't those Y food? I had the fish inside a paper bag and the prawn pasta when they had SFML in Y. I also remember the scrambled egg in Y both short and long haul with a piece of bread, tomato and pepper instead of mushrooms.
pWei and thefilipinotraveler like this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:48 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by nacho
Aren't those Y food? I had the fish inside a paper bag and the prawn pasta when they had SFML in Y.
It is C-class meal. I had it a few times before COVID.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TPJ
It is C-class meal. I had it a few times before COVID.
Those were SFML in Y

I think Egypt Air is one of the few who still has SFML.

I even had salmon omelet as SFML in y for breakfast - and it was really nice.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: FB Silver, TK Elite/*G, ITA Premium, Hilton Gold; BW Diamond Select; Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by nacho
Aren't those Y food? I had the fish inside a paper bag and the prawn pasta when they had SFML in Y. I also remember the scrambled egg in Y both short and long haul with a piece of bread, tomato and pepper instead of mushrooms.
Here you can see the Y scrambled eggs from my 2 hrs international flight today. It was swimming in moisture that the eggs and tomato let out. Also the bottom part of the toast sandwich was soaked. Would any of you eat that?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MitjaPod
Here you can see the Y scrambled eggs from my 2 hrs international flight today. It was swimming in moisture that the eggs and tomato let out. Also the bottom part of the toast sandwich was soaked. Would any of you eat that?
OMG it looked like condensation got into the food.

I like runny scrambled eggs but not when it's mixed with water.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Watery, steamed scrambled egg "soup", no thanks. All my TK meals have been in C and my last TK flight was before Covid and it certainly looked better back then, I feel, even when compared to some of the more recent C class meals shown in this thread. I shall see in Nov when I fly Europe-IST-SE Asia how it stacks up these days. Though to be fair, even for carriers like SQ the food has gone further downhill and I did find TK Do&Co food of past days superior to SQ food of past days (... only talking food here, not drinks, not seat, not crew ). YMMV.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:46 pm

Additionally, to the above photo, here is my video review of the same flight featuring this water scrambled eggs:

Old Oct 3, 2022, 8:53 am
formerly willbbiddy

Originally Posted by TPJ
OK - there are so many misconceptions about TK J-cl service standards that you may have a feeling people are talking about 3 different airlines:

let me explain: for daytime departures (from both ends) you will have full service: appetizer trolley, main course, dessert trolley and all this fancy stuff.

But most Asian flights (also to deep South Africa) depart at about 1-2 am from IST and very late (about 11 pm) from outstations. Most 'normal' people (i.e. these outside of Flyertalk) prioritize sleep at that time. So there is an expedited version - 2 appetizers to choose from (plus soup), main course, dessert delivered based on your order. This way they can let people to rest faster. Win-win in my books.

To make it even more complicated destinations below (I think) 7 hours are treated as medium haul. Then you will have pre-plated appetizer delivered on the tray, then main course delivered separately. Dessert, cheese, salad is already on the tray.

So now you need to check the departure time of your flight (also flight in the other direction) and you will know what to expect.

PS. Now I see you fly out of ORD - so yes it would be full, fancy service... Enjoy...
I have a 9:35 p.m. departure out of ATL, any idea what this service would entail?
Old Oct 3, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Full dinner after take-off and breakfast shortly before landing.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 11:12 am

Programs: TK *G
The flights leaving YYZ and YUL started having the expedited version of dinner service sometime around 2018
Old Oct 5, 2022, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Fantastic catering on a flight from IST to MEX on 9/11/22. Pre-departure beverage of Tattinger on request. Went to sleep shortly after. Missed the full meal service after takeoff since it was a 2 AM departure but still enjoyed soup, Mezze, a chicken kebab and Turkish dessert served “on-demand” a few hours later with some Raki.

Followed by a delicious Turkish breakfast with cheese Gozleme before arrival. Flying Turkish has always been a pleasure for me.

Last edited by r_tsunami; Oct 5, 2022 at 9:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.