Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
According to my checks today, the Arrivals Lounge has been removed from the interactive Istanbul Airport map.
I could only relate this to a technical error or the change of plans ( not having an arrival lounge at all ).

However, no changes to the Exclusive Lounge. Still visible on the map and TK still indicates "upcoming months".
cloudzocker and frenchkiki like this.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:55 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
the change of plans ( not having an arrival lounge at all ).

However, no changes to the Exclusive Lounge. Still visible on the map and TK still indicates "upcoming months".
My vote goes to 'the change of plans'.

And my hopes for Exclusive Lounge to ever open are close to 0%.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:07 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
According to my checks today, the Arrivals Lounge has been removed from the interactive Istanbul Airport map.
I could only relate this to a technical error or the change of plans ( not having an arrival lounge at all ).

In the current climate I very much doubt we will see any new developments for a while. The main concern for all airlines will be to conserve as much money as possible.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 12:28 pm

Programs: TK *G
I know it’s too hard to predict what’s going to happen to the arrival and exclusive lounge, or even the aviation industry in the upcoming months, but I still hope the two lounges will open one day, as both lounges will benefit me greatly.

On a related note, how popular was the arrival lounge at Ataturk? I was there once from 6am to 8am and there weren’t many people there.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by songsc
On a related note, how popular was the arrival lounge at Ataturk? I was there once from 6am to 8am and there weren’t many people there.
I used the Ataturk Arrivals Lounge and liked it. I was happy to choose to use it even when I didn't strictly need to use it. I, too, hope the Arrivals Lounge at IST eventually opens.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 3:11 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
My times at Atatürk rarely coincided with the opening hours of the arrival lounge, but the couple of times I was there, I enjoyed having the option.
Old Mar 8, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: TK *G
I too enjoyed having a quick breakfast before heading to the city, but I am not sure if enough people used it to make TK think that arrival lounge is an important benefits.

As for the exclusive lounge, a few airlines are now offering premium lounges dedicated to their own business class passengers and elite members. For example, Air Canada has dedicated lounges for their business class passengers on paid tickets. Hope TK can join the game.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 8:52 am

Are the domestic and international lounges open? What sort of food are they providing?
cleofilms likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Thepi
Are the domestic and international lounges open? What sort of food are they providing?
Domestic Lounges - Open
International Lounges - Both the Miles&Smiles and Business Lounges are closed, passengers are directed to the iGA Lounge ( contract lounge ) instead

I don’t have any information about the offerings at the lounges.
TPJ, nacho and cleofilms like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 10:43 am

Thanks ISTFlyer
Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: TK EL+, QR Platinum, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum
Domestic Lounges - Open
International Lounges - Both the Miles&Smiles and Business Lounges are closed, passengers are directed to the iGA Lounge ( contract lounge ) instead

I don’t have any information about the offerings at the lounges.
The International Lounge (Smiles & Miles) was open on the 2nd July. Most likely a dry run. The information was not volunteered during check-in only when I asked about the IGA lounge.
Only a handful of people in the lounge with limited offerings but good enough for me. Definitely much better than Lufthansa lounges FRA, MUC. Lentil soup, pide - delicious, at the salad bar small pre-packaged mezze and desserts, bread, etc, non-alcoholic drinks. I thought a beginning and happy with it. The few people were remarkable disciplined masks only off while eating. When on the phone speaking with the mask on. And we better be disciplined or we will stop flying again. Unfortunately, a lot of people still don't understand droplet infection - airborne infection. They don the masks and when talking - with some it is more like shouting - they take them off. It does not get more idiotic. Droplets are released through breathing, talking, singing, coughing, sneezing. https://www.pnas.org/content/117/22/11875
Sounds a bit off topic - but I want to create awareness.
G_G and cleofilms like this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 7:01 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
No international lounges and cold sandwich boxes on long hault flights will simply result in no or very few passengers who have to fly.
We will simply take our car and drive in the beautiful Alps or to the Mediterranean and avoid any plane. I do not have to fly so I wont fly at all.
Simple as that!
starflyergold likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by cloudzocker
We will simply take our car and drive in the beautiful Alps or to the Mediterranean and avoid any plane. I do not have to fly so I wont fly at all.
If you're within a short drive to the destination, I don't believe your plans are even related to TK lounges.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MaxVO
If you're within a short drive to the destination, I don't believe your plans are even related to TK lounges.
I think cloudzocker means that rather than take a long-haul trip without an access to refreshments in an airport lounge and a full in-flight meal, he/she would simply forget about (e.g.) the charms of Thailand, and drive somewhere much closer.

There's an interesting mix of views on Flyertalk
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I think cloudzocker means that rather than take a long-haul trip without an access to refreshments in an airport lounge and a full in-flight meal, he/she would simply forget about (e.g.) the charms of Thailand, and drive somewhere much closer.
There's an interesting mix of views on Flyertalk
I understand your point, but still do not think that people see such dissimilar activities as competing choices (i.e. a trip lasting 1 day and requiring no planning vs one that requires months of planning). In the extreem, I could just cross the street, but that will have no effect on my traveling to Thailand -- I'll cancel the latter for other reasons.
IAN-UK and asnovici like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.