Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by flymeoutofhere
Traveling tomorrow with TK in C with a 3 hour connection. Meeting a colleague in the airport who flies in Y. Are guests allowed lounge access?
No if you don’t have status and then only in the M&S lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
The elevator entrances for M&S and biz lounges are now open, but only for passengers that are pregnant/disabled/with infants.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:03 pm

Data points for M&S lounge yesterday:
10PM - no wait for shower, lounge seemed pretty empty

4:30 AM - Lounge seemed just as empty, there was food, but the hot options were being switched over to breakfast for 5am, so there wasn’t as much immediate variety as usual at that time.

5:20 or so: started to get busier

ALSO: I found out where the app says the entrance to the Exclusive lounge will be. It’s still boarded up, much the same as it was in April. There was no construction activity I could see or hear and the salespeople in the adjoining shops had no clue what I was asking about, although that could be just language barrier. I get the impression TK are not in a hurry to roll out the exclusive lounge.

Here’s a picture of where it’s supposed to go:

Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:47 am

Hi all,

I'm in the process of booking a flight to IST in business class, but this time with LOT instead of Turkish Airlines (since LOT charged less than 35% of TK these dates and had a close to perfect schedule for me). Does anyone know if other star alliance business class pax (incl LOT) gain access to TK's business class lounge in IST or only the M&S Elite lounge (or perhaps the IGA lounge)?

Thanks!
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PerStockholm
Hi all,

I'm in the process of booking a flight to IST in business class, but this time with LOT instead of Turkish Airlines (since LOT charged less than 35% of TK these dates and had a close to perfect schedule for me). Does anyone know if other star alliance business class pax (incl LOT) gain access to TK's business class lounge in IST or only the M&S Elite lounge (or perhaps the IGA lounge)?

Thanks!
Yes, you could access the Business Class Lounge with a LOT Business Class boarding pass. However, you need to stop by the lounge reception to register your boarding pass. Otherwise, the e-gates won't open. However, if you bought a Premium Class ticket on LOT, you could only use the Miles&Smiles Lounge.

I also prefer LOT these days as they are significantly cheaper than BArb, LH, AF&KL, and obviously TK.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, you could access the Business Class Lounge with a LOT Business Class boarding pass. However, you need to stop by the lounge reception to register your boarding pass. Otherwise, the e-gates won't open. However, if you bought a Premium Class ticket on LOT, you could only use the Miles&Smiles Lounge.

I also prefer LOT these days as they are significantly cheaper than BArb, LH, AF&KL, and obviously TK.
Thanks!

I've only travelled with LOT twice before (once to Poland once to Los Angeles), both times in business, and were generally quite pleased. TK is, as we all know, much better within EU than their competitors with blocked middle seats, and I'm willing to pay more for their product but not this much more. For the dates I'm traveling now, LOT's business class is cheaper than TK's economy class, and LOT's premium economy significantly cheaper.
FEasy likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:33 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by gr8pirate

ALSO: I found out where the app says the entrance to the Exclusive lounge will be. It’s still boarded up, much the same as it was in April. There was no construction activity I could see or hear and the salespeople in the adjoining shops had no clue what I was asking about, although that could be just language barrier. I get the impression TK are not in a hurry to roll out the exclusive lounge.

Yep - definitely nothing was happening there yesterday.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:40 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Yes, you could access the Business Class Lounge with a LOT Business Class boarding pass.
Slightly OT - have you noticed that only LO and A3 metal flights (in addition to TK metal) are displayed on the monitors in the C-class lounge?

I think the logic is:

- Displayed: TK flights plus *A airlines that code-share with TK

- Not displayed: any other flights, including LH or LX

In Ataturk lounge all flights were displayed on the monitors...
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by TPJ
Slightly OT - have you noticed that only LO and A3 metal flights (in addition to TK metal) are displayed on the monitors in the C-class lounge?

I think the logic is:

- Displayed: TK flights plus *A airlines that code-share with TK

- Not displayed: any other flights, including LH or LX

In Ataturk lounge all flights were displayed on the monitors...
I have realized the same thing as well, only TK flights and TK codeshare flights show up on the monitors in the lounge. Not other *A members which don't codeshare with TK, like LH.
gr8pirate likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:23 pm

Guys - for me to clarify once & for all. I hold Elite status. Will I be able to bring my parents into the Miles&Smiles lounge? Flying Economy.

Thank you

Last edited by fil_87; Aug 3, 2019 at 11:46 pm
Old Aug 3, 2019, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by fil_87
Guys - for me to clarify once & for all. I hold Elite status. Will I be able to bring my parents into the Miles&Smiles lounge? Flying Economy.

Thank you
No, I believe it is 1 adult guest or your spouse/husband and (multiple) children.
See here https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-d...les/index.html
Old Aug 4, 2019, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

hmmmmmmmmm, not sure how it works now, at the old airport, I was successful a couple of times bringing my in laws in with us, but I do not have that experience yet at the new airport.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: AF/KL platinum, Turkish gold, QR gold
Does anyone actually have already a better idea when the new exclusive lounge will be opened at IST, as what I gathered that is/was supposed to happen somewhere late summer?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 4:49 pm

I had three transits at IST in the last month and took a good peep at what’s visible of the Exclusive lounge from north and south each of those visits.

It really doesn’t look like anything is happening at all from what I could see. Zero power tool noise.

I hope I’m wrong, but it doesn’t feel like there’s any urgency.
Romanianflyer likes this.

Last edited by gr8pirate; Aug 5, 2019 at 11:20 am
Old Aug 5, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Romanianflyer
Does anyone actually have already a better idea when the new exclusive lounge will be opened at IST, as what I gathered that is/was supposed to happen somewhere late summer?
I wondered the same about the Arrivals Lounge. I think it was supposed to be available from around now. I finally used the new airport for the first time yesterday and had hoped to try it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.