Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Unlike like Atatürk Airport, at Istanbul Airport there is more than one international lounge. Eligibility depends on your travel of class and your frequent flyer card status. PLEASE READ THIS WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

For discussions and questions regarding outstation lounges ( Moscow, Nairobi, Washington DC ) and all other domestic lounges ( including SAW ) please refer to the respective forum.
For PriorityPass Lounges in Istanbul Airport (IST) please consult this thread in the Europe forum or the Istanbul Airport Master Thread for questions regarding contract lounges.

This thread covers TK Lounges at IST airport.

Chart of Eligibility for Lounges:

Thanks to DELLAS for sharing this chart.

International Lounges:
Miles&Smiles Lounge: This lounge is open to all Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite, Elite Plus card holders and Star Alliance Gold status holders along with one of their guests when flying Turkish Airlines or another Star Alliance member. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus members are also able to guest family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Also Turkish Corporate Club members are allowed to access this lounge with one fellow guest who holds a valid boarding pass on Turkish Airlines.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate C1 to the mezzanine level.

Business Lounge: This lounge would be open for all Business Class passengers on Turkish Airlines and Star Alliance partners. Unfortunately, no guests are allowed to this lounge.

To access this lounge take the elevators across gate E1 to the mezzanine level.

Both lounges are non-smoking. The nearest "terrace" (IST does not advertise smoking areas) is: For the business lounge: exit via the escalators, turn left and left again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the right hand side. For the M&S lounge: exit via the escalators, turn right and right again, past the public rest areas, and the terrace is on the left hand side. In both cases a 3 minute walk.

Exclusive Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet
Arrivals Lounge: No details, no plans as of yet

Both the Business Lounge and the Miles&Smiles Lounge have showers, sleeping rooms and Turkish speciality food.

To use the sleeping rooms, you must have a connection time between 4h and 9h and the duration of one of your flights must be more than 8 hours. Unfortunately, Miles&Smiles Elite card holders and Star Alliance Gold card holders traveling in Economy Class are not eligible to use the sleeping room service. For sleeping room related issues please consult the this thread.

None of the international lounges have direct lounge access from the check-in hall; however, priority immigration and security checkpoint are available both for transfer passengers and passengers starting their journey in Istanbul.

Domestic Lounges:

The domestic lounge has two sections; one for Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles Classic Plus and Elite card holders, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members (if they have a same day onward international connection); and the other one for Business Class passengers and Miles&Smiles Elite Plus card holders.

Miles&Smiles Elite passengers, Star Alliance Gold card holders and Turkish Corporate Club members can invite one guest into the lounge. Miles&Smiles Elite Plus passengers can also guest one passenger or their family members regardless of the number of people (spouse and children). Miles&Smiles Classic Plus card holders do not have the right to guest someone.

The lounge has a separate entrance and check-in lobby from the street, along with a special valet parking drop-off point. Transfer passengers and passengers who decide to use the main terminal building can also access this lounge by using the elevators across gates G6 and G7. Be aware that there are no lounge signs within the terminal so it's advised to follow signs for gates G6 and G7.
Print Wikipost

TK in Istanbul Airport: Thread #2 - Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I've skimmed up this thread a bit but can't find details. Perhaps it was another thread where somebody mentioned that directions to one lounge are well indicated and that the other lounge is hard to find.

I'm E+ flying in J in a few days (connecting from BCN) so it shouldn't really matter (apart from preferred the less busy lounge if possible). Anybody care to comment about finding the lounges? I'm used to just arriving "clean" at Ataturk and almost auto-piloting my way to the lounge...
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emer), TK ELPL (*G), Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I've skimmed up this thread a bit but can't find details. Perhaps it was another thread where somebody mentioned that directions to one lounge are well indicated and that the other lounge is hard to find.

I'm E+ flying in J in a few days (connecting from BCN) so it shouldn't really matter (apart from preferred the less busy lounge if possible). Anybody care to comment about finding the lounges? I'm used to just arriving "clean" at Ataturk and almost auto-piloting my way to the lounge...
Yeah the lounges are currently not very well signposted.
But basically, the M&S Lounge is opposite gate C1 and the Business Lounge is opposite Gate E1.Enjoy!
craigthemif likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:46 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
The obvious entrances, elevators directly into lounge, weren’t working when I was there.

The normal and not as intuitive entrances aren’t that hard to find, they are on the north: you walk under the mezzanine when approaching from the south from the central hub. An escalator there will take you up to the lounge.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
depending which concourse you come from find the nearest lounge E1 or C1 gate.
My flight landed F concourse and E1 was the closest.
Next flight departed from Bx and it was a long walk from business lounge to C1, a lot more to B concourse, plan leaving the lounge early enough, plan for a 15 minutes walk.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: *A G, HHonors Gold, Marriot Gold, Skywards Silver
Hi everyone, I am *G and travelling to IST next month. I noticed on all the images that the Business (International) lounge has the Star Alliance Gold banner, and decided to check on the Star Alliance website if the Business lounge shows. When checking on the Lounge Finder https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder, it appears as both the M&S and Business International lounges are part of the *G lounge access, which per the Lounge Access Policy at https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy, *G members are allowed into both M&S and Business lounges. That is, as long as there is a Star Alliance Gold banner on the entrance of it (which there seems to be).

This may be something to follow up directly to Star Alliance? Or TK?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
I’m not surprised: we’ve seen consistently bad/confusing information on lounges/access coming from the airport PR machinery. The *G website perpetuating this is bad.

Now the lounge dragons have the crappy job of having to tell irritated passengers that “the signs are wrong, go to the other lounge” - not a fun exchange for anyone involved.

SFOTraveler1984 likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:30 am

Update regarding domestic lounge: Access for additional guests against payment has been abolished since 1st June. Only one guest or family.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Originally Posted by Crixus
Update regarding domestic lounge: Access for additional guests against payment has been abolished since 1st June. Only one guest or family.
I believe this is the case for classic card members (saw a sign at Saw yesterday).
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:14 pm

Nope, I'm Elite Plus. I've been rejected when I was going to invite an additional guest.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:05 am

Programs: TK Elite (*G), SPG,Priority Pass
Does it apply to all domestic lounges or only the ones in Istanbul?
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by aircommodore
An outstation worked for me during May, I did pay extra for another guest, but I am not sure if the offer is still valid.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Question is... why isn't IST acting and removing the *G signs for their Biz lounge! Surely it would have come to the attention of the higher-ups by now. Not to mention the information they are propagating to the *A website and other places!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Question is... why isn't IST acting and removing the *G signs for their Biz lounge! Surely it would have come to the attention of the higher-ups by now. Not to mention the information they are propagating to the *A website and other places!
Because it looks more luxurious when there are the *G signs over there. If the Exclusive Lounge would have the *G sign as well, this would mean that a chaotic situation would occur between the dragons and the *G pax who want to use it.
The Elite Plus/Business direct lounge entry in Atatürk Airport had also a Star Alliance Gold sign, however, *G pax ( including M&S Elite ) were unable to use it when traveling on Y.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:51 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by aircommodore

Old Jun 8, 2019, 6:38 pm

Programs: SE 100K
Hey everyone,

Flying KUL - IST in a couple days, landing @ 0505.
Day long layover and then depart at around 2000 for DBV.

Is the arrival lounge open yet? If not, are we able to use the standard lounge upon arrival or would that require exiting and re-entering through security etc...?
I'm Canadian so looking for a spot to catch the Raptors vs GS NBA finals game and figured the lounge may have it...

Then going to try to go into the city and explore a bit as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.