Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: starflyergold
Please note that special rules apply to this thread given some of the recent arguments in this thread. I would like to draw your attention to the FT Rules, in particular about personal attacks, off topic and disruptive posts and discussing moderator action. From now on every rules violation in this thread will lead to immediate suspensions of posting privileges, no further warnings will be issued. These might be temporary or permanent. Should this not calm the situation down the thread will be closed down permanently.

starflyergold
TK forum moderator
Print Wikipost

Istanbul New Airport

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by airoli
I will stand by my decision to stay clear of any Istanbul airport from October to March or so. Between the inevitable mess that moving the entire operation to an untested airport will cause, and the standard joys of flying through Istanbul when even a single snowflake falls, I really don't care for the drama.

You guys go knock yourselves out.
Unfortunately TK was the cheapest and more convenient time-route option for the trip, and only the return should (could?) be impacted. All considered, the savings were higher than the risks
Old Aug 31, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I will stand by my decision to stay clear of any Istanbul airport from October to March or so. Between the inevitable mess that moving the entire operation to an untested airport will cause, and the standard joys of flying through Istanbul when even a single snowflake falls, I really don't care for the drama.

I am going November 3 and flying out November 4 with excitement. As airline enthusiasts I would think others would have the same mood, it’s not as if we’re flying to Syria.
edisg likes this.

Last edited by slickvik; Aug 31, 2018 at 3:32 pm
Old Aug 31, 2018, 8:54 am

Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:33 am

Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG

There shouldn't be any snow in October to early November. I booked my tickets in advance and didn't know the official open day of the new IST - honestly I don't think it will prevent me from not buying the tickets. The move of HKG was pretty smooth, people were so worried and it turned out fine.
Sedat Guzel likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:17 pm

Old Aug 31, 2018, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik

I am going November 3 and flying out November 4. As airline enthusiasts I would think others would have the same mood, it’s not as if we’re flying to Syria.
Not that much when you have family in tow
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Lefly
Not that much when you have family in tow
Whole family travelling.
I'm really curious about the new IST lounge - I hope there are several so we don't have to walk back and forth. It will be a memorable experience to use one airport out and return to another one.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by nacho
.... It will be a memorable experience to use one airport out and return to another one.
Just got to hope it's memorable for good reasons rather than bad ones...
wrp96, Lefly and edisg like this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Just got to hope it's memorable for good reasons rather than bad ones...
Like New Year Eve 2015...
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:16 am

Runway Sweeper

A380
edisg likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:00 am

Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:04 am

Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:04 am

Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.