Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sammyg901
Last Updated: 21 AUG 2021
Due to various changes to the TK IT-system booking partner awards has taken a great step back. Details below.

Online: Potentially working?

See recent (July 2022) posts - it seems possible to ticket *A online IF you can find availability. A lot of availability does not show. If you can see X or I class on ua.com but not on turkishairlines.com then likely a ticket office can assist

Since August 2021 the online *A ticket payment flow is broken ("continue" button does not appear on the credit card entry page) so transactions cannot be completed. No known workarounds

From 18 Nov 19, you may continue to book partner awards online for selected airlines, routes and options. Not all options that you could book with another partner is bookable through the TK website.

Availability could be checked online via the United website without being a MileagePlus member with the book with miles tool at the flight search engine. Note: For UA flights, check 'X' fare bucket, for other airlines check Saver Award.

TK Hotline: Partially working

From recent reports ( fall 2020 ) in this thread, it is now possible to book *A awards from the TK hotline although still, not all agents are capable to do it; you might need to HUACA multiple times to find an agent that knows how to book *A awards. Although, it's strongly suggested to make your own research on availability before calling them.

Sales Office: Working

A sales office could book *A award tickets. You could call, e-mail or visit them in person. Some offices do not answer phones or do not reply to e-mails so visiting them in person would improve your chances to book a *A award ticket.

First class award: Not working

TK has stopped issuing first class awards since at least September 2019.

Print Wikipost

Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
With some miles expiring next month, I decided to call the TK number in Stockholm today to book a flight for travel next year in business class. Was able to book TK from Manila to Istanbul, then LOT from Istanbul to Stockholm via Warsaw. I could have flown with TK all the way but I wanted to try LOT business class even if its short haul (and visit the lounge in Warsaw). I was also able to save about 20 USD flying LOT instead of TK from Istanbul. I gave the agent the exact flights I wanted (and which showed availability on TKs website) so the booking and payment process went smoothly.
sydunipete and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
For FTers out there with a rudimentary skill of chrome, this is a huge time saver. Before clicking the go to payments button, go to your settings in chrome and go to more tools, developer tools. Hit network and it will show all thats happening on your next click to the payment page (in resourses). This does make the PNR and about ~180 things will populate, if you can find the one that says 'loadpaymentdata' ... then hit the details dropdown, scroll down to pamentdetail and in that line will be the bookingreferenceID. aka pnr. Call up TK and in 7-8 minutes spelling your name phonetically and using the payment phone thing then you should be good to go. It took me a bit to figure this out also with the hints from xfisgsm.

Ironically calling to book the same thing did not work at all. Calling to book something that appears bookable on tk's website doesn't work with ~most agents. So generating your own pnr will send you straight to the payment section.

Also this doesn't help if the segments show as X or I space on united but not showing as bookable on TK. Thats just alot of HUCA to figure that out. The LAX email line just says to call, but alas that isn't helpful for many things.

Hopefully the click button comes back soon!
I used this technique to get the PNR - then called the Turkish 800 number to pay. I told that agent that I wanted to pay - he said he was getting an error message and to call back later.

Was there something else I should have said other than I'd like to pay for my ticket?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 3:11 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Helped a friend on this week to redeem miles since he chose book a flights instead of waiting more one week until the extension
Started with United website and for chosen routes only one I class seat was available in and outbound. TK booking engine showed only economy availability. Needed two phone calls, to conclude the reservations. First agent saw the outbound flights but not inbound availability. Took a pause and called back after half an hour. The second agent did not saw the outbound but tried again and found it. Ticketing timeframe was up to 48 hours. The agent offered immediate tax payment through the phone, but my friend chose the other way. TK local office sent an invoice and he paid through the bank account. A simple proccess. Using the tickets numbers he chose the seats from airlines websites and got also the airlines (NH and BR) booking references.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 9:50 am

I got an itinerary I would like to book.

Doesn't show on the TK site, but there is I availability, as shown on United.

I mailed about 8 ticket offices. No response.

How to proceed?
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by 336
I got an itinerary I would like to book.

Doesn't show on the TK site, but there is I availability, as shown on United.

I mailed about 8 ticket offices. No response.

How to proceed?
Sending emails is waste of time. Call or visit the sales office if it is close to your location. Prepare for a few calls. Waiting times were less than a minute when I called. Could be that TK number was recognized as E+.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
Was there something else I should have said other than I'd like to pay for my ticket?
Contact your local TK ticket office to pay. That usually works well. Calling TK to pay doesn't work
Old Dec 6, 2021, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Calling TK to pay doesn't work
Was offered pro-actively last week by call center agent.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
To be honest, calling TK to pay would work in most cases but the problem is that they wouldn't accept any card other than Visa or Mastercard on the phone. If you are planning to use AMEX, Diners Club or any other credit card provider, you wouldn't be able to book something on the TK hotline.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
Sending emails is waste of time. Call or visit the sales office if it is close to your location. Prepare for a few calls. Waiting times were less than a minute when I called. Could be that TK number was recognized as E+.
Thank you for your feedback. Which number should I try?

The flight I want to book are for my brother and an associate. Do they only need their names?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by 336
Thank you for your feedback. Which number should I try?
The flight I want to book are for my brother and an associate. Do they only need their names?
+1-8008748875, if not in US, use Skype it is toll free number. At first you must identify yourself typing your TK number, then the live agent verifies your account details(name, addtress,phone number). You only need their names.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
If you are planning to use AMEX, Diners Club or any other credit card provider, you wouldn't be able to book something on the TK hotline.
That is not true. You can book whatever you want through call center if there is availability regardless of what kind of credit card you have.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Jaenks
That is not true. You can book whatever you want through call center if there is availability regardless of what kind of credit card you have.
I am not sure if agents handling corporate customers have a different system, though I am pretty sure that when redeeming miles and making a payment at the same time, the phone bot ( where you tap your credit card details on your phone ) doesn't accept anything else than Visa or Mastercard.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by BigFlyer
I used this technique to get the PNR - then called the Turkish 800 number to pay. I told that agent that I wanted to pay - he said he was getting an error message and to call back later.

Can you help me out with getting my pnr. I do not see the same tabs in chrome that are in that post. I have found a number, but maybe if I knew how many digits it was or what it usually looks like then I can confirm it is correct.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 12:10 pm

UPDATE! I was able to get my PNR/ booking reference ID. After you follow the developer tools instructions posted before, you can scroll down and find the "loadpaymentdata" tab, click on that and it will open a new tab with all the code then you can just press "ctrl+f" and type in "booking" The first one I came to had my ID is was a 6 character code. I then was able to add the flight to my app, but was still not able to pay. I called Turkish 1-800. After 30 minutes with probably the most patient agent ever, I was able to pay for my ticket and book 3 more tickets for the rest of my family. 7500pt award from OGG-SFO secured. Thank you for all the help. Now I just need to see how to add bags to the flight.
Old Dec 7, 2021, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
I am not sure if agents handling corporate customers have a different system, though I am pretty sure that when redeeming miles and making a payment at the same time, the phone bot ( where you tap your credit card details on your phone ) doesn't accept anything else than Visa or Mastercard.
It has nothing to do with corporate clients. You should read again what you have wrote previously. If you wrote about booking, then answer about booking, not about payments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.