Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 7:01 pm

Turkish Air - G class tickets

When I bought my ticket from IAH to IST and return the G Class received credit in United's FF program. United changed the rules after I bought the ticket but before I flew so it looks like no credit with United.

Anybody have success getting around this?

thanks!!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K (Million Miler). AA Gold (lifetime 1 Million). TK Elite Gold
UA's MP changed the mileage accrual of TK "G: booking class in March 2013; you are just finding this out now, some 9 months later? I believe you are out of luck. Credit them to TK's FF Program.
Old Nov 9, 2013, 11:10 pm

Award ticket of luptanza using Miles and Smiles

Hi,

I am a member of Miles & Smiles and I have a few questions.

1. Can I book any Star Alliance member flights and use my Tourkish miles? e.g. Lufthansa

2. If yes, how this can be done?

3. How can I find the number of miles that are needed for each route?

Thanks,

Yaron
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:44 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
No miles on

The earnings page says that all paid fare classes receive mileage credit, but there is a footnote at the bottom, "*Mileage accrual is not permitted from Economy, Business or Comfort Class tickets issued from Routes of the Week promotion." Is this new?

How can one tell (assuming that one didn't click through the promotion page) whether a fare is part of this specific promotion? Is this promotion only for flights originating in Istanbul? I usually just type in my origin and destination, which often returns some fares listed as promotional, but it's not clear whether they fall into this category. There is a place on the (international) home page for "Promotion Airline Tickets," but most of these appear not to be"Routes of the Week."

I would assume that these promotions fall into a certain fare class, but it's not clear -- and it would be nice if they were transparent by ensuring as much.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:06 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by cyaron10
Hi,

1. Can I book any Star Alliance member flights and use my Tourkish miles? e.g. Lufthansa

Thanks,

Yaron
Welcome to FT and the TK M&S forum cyaron10 ^

To answer your questions:

1. Yes you can book flights with any of TK's partners, including all Star Alliance carriers, subject to availability.

2. Call the TK reservations centre or visit you local TK office.

3. http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-in...d-ticket-chart
Old Nov 13, 2013, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by cyaron10
Hi,

Thanks,

Yaron

First, you need to ask your very own airline which your account belongs to (as you refer, TK) about how many miles that you have and then you can also ask how many miles that you need to have to get a star ticket for free. Afterwards, they will make a booking for you. Either way, they will send you to the sales office or to the website of Star Alliance.

Check below:

http://www.staralliance.com/en/

You can do any kind of transactions over this perfect website. You can purchase star ticket, upgrade yourself, check a lot of useful info. Go, get it.

^
Old Nov 15, 2013, 9:46 am

New to the TY scheme.

I have undertaken a quick review and my initial impression is that the scheme offers some generous tariff rates for reward redemptions.

Two questions if I may

i) Does anyone have a sense whether, in general, Turksih are the same / more/ less / generous than other programmes for offering front cabin seats

ii) one of the T&Cs states that rewards may only be issued on a round trip basis, I have some familiarity with the other Star Alliance schemes and I am unaware of any other scheme which does not permit one way seats t one way pro rata reduced miles ( usually 50% ). I wonder if I might have misread the T&C's?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
Talking

Originally Posted by Thomastraveller
New to the TY scheme.

I have undertaken a quick review and my initial impression is that the scheme offers some generous tariff rates for reward redemptions.

Two questions if I may

i) Does anyone have a sense whether, in general, Turksih are the same / more/ less / generous than other programmes for offering front cabin seats

ii) one of the T&Cs states that rewards may only be issued on a round trip basis, I have some familiarity with the other Star Alliance schemes and I am unaware of any other scheme which does not permit one way seats t one way pro rata reduced miles ( usually 50% ). I wonder if I might have misread the T&C's?

I am not a fan of TK customer service, so everything else is ruled out.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:47 am

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Thomastraveller
New to the TY scheme.

Two questions if I may

You're right - they have some good reward levels. I recently got a Casablanca to Baku via IST for 15000 Business Class OW. Very please with that.

I can honestly say I've never had a problem getting redemption availability on TK in both Y and J class.

One way redemptions are allowed - I think at 50%.

The TK Miles and Smiles programme is not bad. In fact, for my Star Alliance flights, I've moved from LH M&M as it's more generous.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 12:18 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Been looking at making a domestic mileage run on TK. Found a good fare IST-VAN. It books in P-class, with the description "Economy Promotional". Will I earn any miles with this ticket?

Can't find the fare rules on ITA.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: Lots of them, no status
OK, so I've understood that aircraft changes occur often, That's fine.

Are they planning (so anyone has heard...) to put power outlets in the 340s? Any info on that and, if they are, when they are planning to finish it?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vicarious_MR'er
OK, so I've understood that aircraft changes occur often, That's fine.

Are they planning (so anyone has heard...) to put power outlets in the 340s? Any info on that and, if they are, when they are planning to finish it?
I believe there are already power outlets on the A340, at least in Business Class.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:38 pm

Programs: Lots of them, no status
The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Don't have the luxury to fly biz, unfortunately. wish I did.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3*G, TK*G
Hi all,
just a simple question,
I have sent original BP and ticket copy to TK as a miles claim for flying TK8000/8001 operated by MH. It has been around 2 months since I sent them and still no miles. Is it normal or I should give them a call ? Any other way?

Thanks!
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:50 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Originally Posted by Pawel Lew
Hi all,
just a simple question,
I have sent original BP and ticket copy to TK as a miles claim for flying TK8000/8001 operated by MH. It has been around 2 months since I sent them and still no miles. Is it normal or I should give them a call ? Any other way?

Thanks!
good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.