FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2013, 5:44 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
No miles on

The earnings page says that all paid fare classes receive mileage credit, but there is a footnote at the bottom, "*Mileage accrual is not permitted from Economy, Business or Comfort Class tickets issued from Routes of the Week promotion." Is this new?

How can one tell (assuming that one didn't click through the promotion page) whether a fare is part of this specific promotion? Is this promotion only for flights originating in Istanbul? I usually just type in my origin and destination, which often returns some fares listed as promotional, but it's not clear whether they fall into this category. There is a place on the (international) home page for "Promotion Airline Tickets," but most of these appear not to be"Routes of the Week."

I would assume that these promotions fall into a certain fare class, but it's not clear -- and it would be nice if they were transparent by ensuring as much.