Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Newbie Zone: ask your questions here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 12:53 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Perhaps, one should try speaking Turkish to TK, maybe you'll get upgrade vouchers
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:24 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
This thread is a flame free thread to ask genuine questions. It is not for having a go at the perceived language skills of TK staff.

Friendly (and only) reminder

starflyergold
TK Miles&Smiles forum moderator
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by LH4116
C'mon you are asking for too much! Life long *Gold status for nothing, and you still expect upgrade vouchers… No TK don't provide upgrade vouchers for the regular Elite (lowest Star Gold level), only Elite Plus get the vouchers.
No I'm not asking for anything really, I am fully aware the complimentary upgrades are for Elite + only. I'm just seeking info as I am flying TK alot in 2014.

Thanks though
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wilko Pali Sedef
No I'm not asking for anything really, I am fully aware the complimentary upgrades are for Elite + only. I'm just seeking info as I am flying TK alot in 2014.

Thanks though
The miles can always be used for upgrades, but I think they are best spent on awards
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: TK Elite
The miles can always be used for upgrades, but I think they are best spent on awards
I agree 100% :-D hence the quest for elite+ hehe
Old Dec 18, 2013, 3:31 pm

APIS / ESTA on THY flights to the US

I booked a M&S Business Class award to JFK from ARN via IST yesterday, and I have some questions about the APIS and ESTA. When I booked the ticket, I was only able to enter my passport number and nationality, and I can't find anywhere else on the website to enter the APIS.

Will this information be collected at check-in or do I have to contact a reservation office to have it entered correctly.

Also how long before departure do I have to be at the gate? Swedish citizens only need an ESTA approval to enter the US whereas no such agreement exist with Turkey. Are there any extra security screenings at the gate, and will they be able to check my ESTA? I have a 2 hour 15 minute connection, so I am hoping at least to have enough time to visit the lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:52 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

AFAIK APIS details can be entered at IST, the agents at IST will be able to check your ESTA. There is an additional security for all US flights (as mandated for by the US). Factor in at least a good hour before departure to show up, more might be better.

I booked a M&S Business Class award to JFK from ARN via IST yesterday, and I have some questions about the APIS and ESTA. When I booked the ticket, I was only able to enter my passport number and nationality, and I can't find anywhere else on the website to enter the APIS.

Will this information be collected at check-in or do I have to contact a reservation office to have it entered correctly.

Also how long before departure do I have to be at the gate? Swedish citizens only need an ESTA approval to enter the US whereas no such agreement exist with Turkey. Are there any extra security screenings at the gate, and will they be able to check my ESTA? I have a 2 hour 15 minute connection, so I am hoping at least to have enough time to visit the lounge.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 7:10 am

Thank you Starflyergold! So it's OK to have the APIS submitted at the day of departure? I know that some airlines want you to provide the information at latest 72hrs before departure, or else one might risk being denied boarding.

Otherwise, would it be possible to enter APIS if I visit the reservations office at Arlanda?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 11:49 pm

need some help here.
i booked a P class promotional fare, then emailed local TK office in Denmark about seating.all went smoothly, however when i check their email concerning seat bookings, it appears my ticket is Y class....or it is just me, whos getting all wrong?

1 TK1786 P SU 02FEB CPHIST HK1 X 1800 2215 Y M01.1E
2 TK 68 P MO 03FEB ISTBKK HK1 0055 1450 Y M01.2E
3 TK 69 P TU 25FEB BKKIST HK1 X 2345 0540*Y M02.1E
4 TK1783 P WE 26FEB ISTCPH HK1 0905 1130 Y M02.2E
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:30 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by parabone
need some help here.
i booked a P class promotional fare, then emailed local TK office in Denmark about seating.all went smoothly, however when i check their email concerning seat bookings, it appears my ticket is Y class....or it is just me, whos getting all wrong?

1 TK1786 P SU 02FEB CPHIST HK1 X 1800 2215 Y M01.1E
2 TK 68 P MO 03FEB ISTBKK HK1 0055 1450 Y M01.2E
3 TK 69 P TU 25FEB BKKIST HK1 X 2345 0540*Y M02.1E
4 TK1783 P WE 26FEB ISTCPH HK1 0905 1130 Y M02.2E
Nothing is wrong : P is the TK lowest economy fare
Old Dec 21, 2013, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by G_G
Nothing is wrong : P is the TK lowest economy fare
thanks.

but what does Y stands for?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:32 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

thanks.

Y stands for Economy Class
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:01 pm

Classes

thanks.

You should distinguish between the booking class (P in your case) and the seating class (Y). Flights have 1, 2, 3 or at most 4 seating classes: economy, economy-plus, business and first. We are used to referring to these classes as Y, Y+, C (or sometimes J) and F, respectively, but this is a community convention. In addition, each airline has its own system of booking classes: a booking class determines the seating class, but includes also a set of other conditions. For example, on TK, P may imply not only that you will be seated in economy class, but also that your ticket is non-refundable. For many airlines, C is unconstrained business class, whereas D, J and I are less flexible tickets (that also imply seating in business class, but with more conditions).

Hopes this clarifies the picture,

Shuly
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by shuly

Hopes this clarifies the picture,

Shuly
it surely does.thank you

i got little carried away, when i saw the Y...my travel dates are very flexible and thought i could change my ticket so i could fly few days earlier.

while knowing this is a promotional ticket, thus very restrictive, i mailed local TK office..i remember reading Y means flexible economy ticket.

however..got reply from TK and, as i expected, ticket cannot be changed.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1k
1st TK flight!

I'm flying TK economy FRA-IST-CPT in a couple days. I was hoping to find info on *G benefits specific to TK. I'm a UA 1k and was hoping to use the lounge in IST-- but I saw somewhere that the lounge might only be for TK elites. Any info here?

Also, I'm curious about the baggage allowances for *G with TK in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.