Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Destinations from TK for 2011

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto
Yes, it is confusing. After reading the article 4X, my understanding is that TK will start off codesharing with PR HKG-MNL for connections off of TK70 (IST-HKG), 3X/week; likewise in the reverse direction, TK codeshare MNL-HKG (operated by PR) connecting to TK71 (HKG-IST). Eventually this will increase to daily service using TK metal depending on aircraft delivery.
It also says in the beginning of the article: "After failing to secure Fifth Freedom Rights from Bangkok, Turkeys national flag carrier, Turkish Airlines (THY), has decided to fly to the Philippine capital direct beginning winter of 2011."

Confusing.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
I wish this will be soon. They have to load the availability before xmas :-)

Originally Posted by joorinainen
It also says in the beginning of the article: "After failing to secure Fifth Freedom Rights from Bangkok, Turkeys national flag carrier, Turkish Airlines (THY), has decided to fly to the Philippine capital direct beginning winter of 2011."

Confusing.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:30 pm

It also says in the beginning of the article: "After failing to secure Fifth Freedom Rights from Bangkok, Turkey’s national flag carrier, Turkish Airlines (THY), has decided to fly to the Philippine capital direct beginning winter of 2011."

Confusing.
One need's to not rely solely on one article (especially from a blog post).

THY opens Manila office with eye to direct flights from İstanbul

Quote:

"THY’s Manila office is currently cooperating with Philippine Airlines to offer flights from Manila to İstanbul via Hong Kong. According to that cooperation, passengers first take a Philippine Airlines plane to Hong Kong and then a direct THY flight to İstanbul. They can buy tickets for both flights at THY’s office in the Philippine capital......"

==================================================

THY, Manila'da ofis atı

Quote:

"Şu anda THY olarak bilet satışımız gerekleşiyor, uuşumuz Filipin Havayolları ile Hong Kong'a kadar, oradan da THY'ye bağlıyoruz...."
Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:50 am

That clarifies things greatly. Hopefully this route is opening soon and we will get some juicy fares! Anyone know when TK is going to receive those 739's so MNL could get the widebodies?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:02 am
tcm

That clarifies things greatly. Hopefully this route is opening soon and we will get some juicy fares! Anyone know when TK is going to receive those 739's so MNL could get the widebodies?
The start of direct flights to MNL has nothing to do with the 739ERs. The remaining 2 777ERs on order will be delivered by end year and this is when MNL will be served. The 739ERs will relief some of the A330s. BTW, you guys should work on your reading comprehension
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by tcm
The start of direct flights to MNL has nothing to do with the 739ERs. The remaining 2 777ERs on order will be delivered by end year and this is when MNL will be served. The 739ERs will relief some of the A330s. BTW, you guys should work on your reading comprehension
Bad day at the office? 739ERs will release some widebodies to other destinations outside Africa and in my opinion the 77W are going to fill up the existing routes because they are upping frequencies on several 77W routes. They are running out of widebodies soon if they keep expanding.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:49 am
tcm

Bad day at the office? 739ERs will release some widebodies to other destinations outside Africa and in my opinion the 77W are going to fill up the existing routes because they are upping frequencies on several 77W routes. They are running out of widebodies soon if they keep expanding.
Look, with all respect, there are no 77W routes that the 739ER will replace on the TK network. The 739ERs will free up some 330s and will be utilized to expand the African network. My day gets bad when I read posts with nonsense , no offense intended
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by tcm
Look, with all respect, there are no 77W routes that the 739ER will replace on the TK network. The 739ERs will free up some 330s and will be utilized to expand the African network. My day gets bad when I read posts with nonsense , no offense intended
Talking about reading comprehension, where did i say so? I don't want to start any argument over this matter but it's nice to discuss and follow TK expanding and even throw some opinions & ideas in the air.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:12 am
tcm

Talking about reading comprehension, where did i say so? I don't want to start any argument over this matter but it's nice to discuss and follow TK expanding and even throw some opinions & ideas in the air.
There is no problem is sharing and discussing our ideas. However, when we throw ideas and opinions around that are based on our limited knowledge, we risk devaluing the forum. My sincere advise to you is to re-read some of replies you have posted in this thread and on the TK forum and do some reflection. Anyway, TK is starting MNL this winter and I wish you a plesant day.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 4:46 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Until MNL is flown directly from IST it is useless to M&M people like myself. Connecting flights to MNL (even on *A metal, which is not the case if flying HKG-MNL) can be had today via BKK or SIN. Let's hope the direct flights are here really soon!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Buenos Aires via Sao Paulo

http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-IN...cial/2011.aspx

The Incorporation has decided to extend Istanbul-Sao Paulo-Istanbul route to Buenos Aires in the year 2011, based on aircraft availability and upon obtaining the Civil Aviation authorizations.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by ushuaia

The Incorporation has decided to extend Istanbul-Sao Paulo-Istanbul route to Buenos Aires in the year 2011, based on aircraft availability and upon obtaining the Civil Aviation authorizations.
WOW! This is great news! Hopefully it will materialize soon!
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
WOW! This is great news! Hopefully it will materialize soon!
If that happens would be a great route and of course destination.
It could have lot of chances as there are no other flights from around here to Buenos Aires ...hope will come true
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:09 am
tcm

Originally Posted by ushuaia

Much sooner than I anticipated. EZE is a route that was on the agenda for quite a while now and should prove to be quite a success. TK likes to start new destinations as a tag-on and after establishing themselves serve them directly. Smart move.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:00 am

GRU as a destination hasn't been on the top of my "to-do-list" but it's certainly more attractive when i could sample EZE also. When seeking more information about this matter i stumbled upon this:

Air Services Agreement Was Signed With Mexico

The representatives of the Republic of Turkey and the Republic of Mexico have reached an agreement following the civil aviation negotiations held on 22-23 June 2011 in Ankara.
Negotiations headed by Bilal EKŞİ on behalf of Turkish Government and Salvador Retena ROZANO on behalf of Mexican Delegation have resulted in the agreement to enable the airlines to be designated by the Contracting Parties operate air services to any point in both countries.
According to the agreement the airlines to be designated by the Contracting Parties are going to be able to operate unlimited passenger and cargo services to any point in both countries from Lisbon and Porto with fifth freedom traffic rights.

Source: http://web.shgm.gov.tr/dgca.php?page...1&news_id=1758

Certainly seem's interesting!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.