Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2017, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyerby
E+ members receive two upgrade vouchers per membership year that can be used as system-wide upgrades. Vouchers are not delivered to E+ status holders in physical or electronic form and only exist on the screens of TK agents.

It is advisable to call TK to verify the number of vouchers you have prior to and after the upgrade (unless you have no vouchers left).

Upgrades are done by calling TK CS or a local TK office (by phone or email).

One voucher is needed to upgrade per direction. For example, the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK will need one voucher to upgrade, and the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK-IST-LHR will need two vouchers. If an agent tells you otherwise, HUCA.

How to find itineraries with availability for a voucher upgrade?
Find an itinerary in any class in Y that has 4 seats left in J booking class on the same itinerary as the Y. To be extra cautious, you may also check the individual legs (when applicable) for 4 seats left in J booking class. For example, for the itinerary LHR-IST-BKK, check at least that LHR-IST-BKK has 4 seats left in J booking class, and in addition, check LHR-IST and IST-BKK individually too.

You can no longer check for upgrade availability without having an e-ticket number.

A relatively low-risk method of proceeding is therefore...

1) Reserve a ticket online with TK but don't pay for the ticket yet. Just put it on hold for 48 hours for free for E+ members.
2) Book an economy class ticket on the same itinerary with a reputable USA-based OTA that offers a 24-hour cooling-off / full refund period.
3) Once you have received your e-ticket number, go to Manage Booking on the TK website and check if TK has offered a business upgrade with miles for your intineray. Any segment eligible for an upgrade with miles on the website is also eligible for an upgrade with E+ vouchers.
4) Another option would be to call TK CS and ask an agent to check if the ticket in (2) is upgradeable with your vouchers. Do not upgrade this ticket; just check.
5) Once availability is confirmed for your itinerary, pay for the ticket in (1). Upon payment and ticketing, call TK CS to ask an agent to upgrade this ticket.
6) Cancel for free the ticket in (2).

Another even lower-risk method would be to skip (1) and just upgrade the ticket in (2). If unsuccessful with the E+ upgrade, you can proceed to cancel your economy ticket within the 24-hour cooling-off period. Going with this route, you would then have to be in contact with the OTA and not TK in cases of schedule change, cancellation, or IRROP, which is not usually advisable unless you really have to.

You might be asked to enter a PIN number via an automatic system to access your vouchers; this is the PIN you use to log on to your TK M&S account.

Print Wikipost

Elite Plus upgrade voucher

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by pvgman
Only had 2 vouchers, in IST now, they now have special bus for business class passengers, finally...
Last time i used the service they said that i used 3 vouchers for 4 legs even though i only had 2 on my account

Tell us more about the bus?
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
He didn't mention anything, just upgraded me, I only have 2 vouchers too,
small bus for C passenger, 20 seats, some room for some people to stay stand also, may be small in case of a full C cabin, they seemed to have a bunch of them, nice touch compare to the previous situation, didn't have to wait for the Y and Y+ pax.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 11:21 am

Better late than never considered that even an airport like ISB ( 1 Gate ) was able to do so 1 month after TK started the route.

Maybe but only maybe,they will be able to organise priority boarding in the next 5-7 years

@ pvgman.For which route have you used your vouchers ?

Last edited by moeser; Aug 4, 2012 at 11:29 am
Old Oct 8, 2012, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
I just booked SIN-IST-MAD and LHR-IST-HKG as a single booking with no stopovers with TK, first half was an 'E' fare and second half was a 'G' fare.

Called up 10 minutes after the tickets were issued, spoke to an operator, he checked availability for me and immediately confirmed that I was now in J for the SIN-IST and IST-HKG legs - an email came through straight away with that confirmation too.

He was a little confused when I was asking if SIN-MAD was counted as one voucher's worth of upgrades or whether it was per segment, but he was happy to upgrade the two long flights for me so I wasn't going to push the envelope any further than I needed to.

The only thing he mentioned was that it was a 20 Euro fee to revert back to Y for those flights - but overall it was extremely painless to get it all confirmed!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:05 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
now that I'm almost at the E+ status. (on the return of my next trip). am I to expect trouble every time I want to use my vouchers. I'm based out of LAX, and fly turkish a lot to MEA. anyone in the LAX area that have expereince with this.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 7:16 am

[QUOTE=jozdemir;19462047]I just booked SIN-IST-MAD and LHR-IST-HKG as a single booking with no stopovers with TK, first half was an 'E' fare and second half was a 'G' fare.

Called up 10 minutes after the tickets were issued, spoke to an operator, he checked availability for me and immediately confirmed that I was now in J for the SIN-IST and IST-HKG legs - an email came through straight away with that confirmation too.

He was a little confused when I was asking if SIN-MAD was counted as one voucher's worth of upgrades or whether it was per segment, but he was happy to upgrade the two long flights for me so I wasn't going to push the envelope any further than I needed to.

The only thing he mentioned was that it was a 20 Euro fee to revert back to Y for those flights - but overall it was extremely painless to get it all confirmed![/QUOT

If they are asking you which segments,always tell them R/T.
Don't take No for an answer !
Old Oct 11, 2012, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by moeser
If they are asking you which segments,always tell them R/T.
Don't take No for an answer !
I know I should've...not sure how I'd go calling back and trying to get that amended now though
Old Oct 12, 2012, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by jozdemir
I know I should've...not sure how I'd go calling back and trying to get that amended now though
Tell them they've made a mistake and that the vouchers are,as usual,
valid for a r/t .
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:17 am

Have you guys received any miles from the tickets you have upgraded with these vouchers? Example Y booking upgraded to J would still earn Y miles?
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Have you guys received any miles from the tickets you have upgraded with these vouchers? Example Y booking upgraded to J would still earn Y miles?
Miles are originally booked miles.

This year I purchased comfort class, upgraded to business and got comfort class mileage. I wouldn't exclude possibility that there are other FFP that credit differently.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by dabee69

This year I purchased comfort class, upgraded to business and got comfort class mileage. I wouldn't exclude possibility that there are other FFP that credit differently.
I was thinking that myself actually because it does book you into J class...shame I need the TK miles to requalify for my E+ otherwise I'd try it
Old Nov 7, 2012, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by dabee69

Yes.. Confirmed, received miles accordingly.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Today I successfully upgraded el-cheapo 4 segment flight with Elite Plus vouchers. G/V classes. Made sure in advance that upgrade J class is available.

Local office said that I could only upgrade 2 segments. Called Elite+ line and succeeded at first attempt. It took a little longer due to THY system slowness but was overall a pleasant experience.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I never managed to do it for my two segments, but then again, I didn't care that much that I bothered too much. I got my upgrades between IST-PVG-IST, which was important anyways. I called their Elite+ as well. It seems to be a hit or miss, depending on whom you talk to.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I booked LAX-IST-MAD/BCN-IST-LAX back in june for travel in April 2013 in W/G, made Elite Plus in October and then called for upgrade to J on all legs. Agent was very helpful, no hassles at all, even with the forced overnight in IST on way to MAD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.