Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2013, 9:29 pm

Applied 2/11
Conditional Approval 3/1

Interviewing at BOS on 3/6 but that was because someone cancelled, currently they are offering appointments in May!

If interviewing in BOS keep checking for availability to open up. Worked for me.
Old Mar 3, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by nomorecoach
I had the interview, printed, photographed, was told that I was "approved," and got the sticker in the passport.

But, I haven't received an approval notification in my account. It's been SIX days since the interview. I called CBP, and they told me that my application went to the supervisor for final approval. No explanation as to why it needed another person to approve.
it is very strange situation

I thought when the officer tells someone he's approved then everything is done and approval email should arrive in one hour time frame.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Applied 2/17, approved 2/24, interview 3/4 at MCO.

Interview took about 5 to 10 minutes, and consisted of the really nice officer reading off basic application stuff and asking me to confirm it (i.e. address, phone number, etc.). Then he took my picture, put the sticker on the back of my passport and explained both the PreCheck and Global Entry programs.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
All programs are monitored by supervisors and it's likely that OP's process was the subject of random audit. Unlikely that the CBP Officer even knew that it would occur (that's the purpose of the "random.") If there's nothing wrong, presumably OP will be approved shortly. If there's a problem, there's a problem.

At this stage, I would not kick up a fuss because that will just hang it up even more.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:42 am

Applied 2/21
Initial approval 3/1
Saw a single interview slot available at JFK on 3/4, so I nabbed it.
"Interview" lasted less than 10 minutes. Agent only asked me to confirm my address (verbally) and whether I had ever changed my last name. About 9+ minutes spent on how to use the machine, and a description of the benefits of TSA Pre.
FYI, there is no receptionist/check-in area at JFK. You sit in an adjacent waiting room, and they go on a honor system when the one of the several agents dong the interviewing pokes their head into the waiting room and asks, "Who is next?"
My agent did ask me to confirm my interview time; I could see from the agent's list that people with appointments a good 40 minutes later than mine had already been processed, so it seems they are loose on that matter.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Premier 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium/ LT
Originally Posted by 787dreamer
My sister had an interview two days ago at ORD for GE. She brought her hubby who had an interview at a much later date, but CBP at ORD would not accept piggybacks even if it is your spouse.

I was lucky in DEN as they were glad to process my wife during my appointed interview time even though her interview was a month away at LAS.
Sometime in early January or so a ukase came out from HQ barring all walk-ins, I was told. (They had been accepted routinely before that.) So, even though I had an appointment scheduled at DTW mid-January, CBP would not let me transfer the appointment to T5 on the day of the appointment when my flight to DTW was cancelled due to weather! I walked over anyway, and was told no dice.

On the other hand, I received my card today, the SECOND business day after my rescheduled appointment last Thursday, so I'm happy - managed to dodge whatever pain the sequester causes.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 4:11 pm

Hello All --

CBP is having on-site interviews for Global Entry on March 22nd from 8am to 12 noon in New York City (Manhattan/UES) for my company. We have a few slots open so if you are interested, please PM me.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
Originally Posted by sgan17
Applied 2/11
Conditional Approval 3/1

Interviewing at BOS on 3/6 but that was because someone cancelled, currently they are offering appointments in May!

If interviewing in BOS keep checking for availability to open up. Worked for me.
The 2/11 - 3/1 period seems to have broken the "7 day" turnaround trend routinely reported here. I wonder what caused your particular experience...
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: DL GM
Applied 2/27
Conditional approval 3/6

First interview at LAX on May 23rd. Hoping for a cancellation before my Ireland trip in April.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: United 1K; AA Platinum
Applied 2/26. Still no conditional approval as of 3/7. Squeaky clean background with very limited int'l travel.

Incidentally, I was never invited to US Airways' Pre-Check program despite having Platinum status for two years running. I wonder what the TSA doesn't like about me...
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:34 pm

I'm in the same boat, applied on 2/25 and still nothing.

Nothing in my background that I can think of off the top of my head.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Maybe something to note: Once I got approved and GOES updated my status after my interview, I didn't get PreCheck eligible boarding passes until about 24 hours after the notification. I'm NRSA so I was making dummy listings and scanning the codes to see the "3" pop up, but didn't start getting the "3" until the day after my approval. I think it may take a little time for CBP to transfer the information over to TSA, or it may be transferred en-masse at a specified time. Not a big deal as most people wouldn't be booking any tickets right after their approval for travel on the same-day, but just a little interesting.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: US CP, AMEX Plat
Just applied for GOES. I have a traffic hiccup in 1999 and a significant number of international flights in the last seven years. I'll update on how my application process goes - or doesn't.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tstafford
Just applied for GOES. I have a traffic hiccup in 1999 and a significant number of international flights in the last seven years. I'll update on how my application process goes - or doesn't.
FYI - GOES is the online application system. You have applied for a program like GE, Nexus, or Sentri
Old Mar 10, 2013, 9:29 pm

Programs: US CP, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by jasonvr
FYI - GOES is the online application system. You have applied for a program like GE, Nexus, or Sentri
Right. I stand corrected. Applied for GE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.