Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by dealsphotog
Ideally, they will need to come home and take a picture. But they have the full authority, it they say its done. You should be okay. Unfortunately there is no way to confirm that its marked as done.
Ok thanks. They did take my picture at the police station. Hopefully that was it.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 1:20 pm

Not present during Police Verification

I was not present during police verification as I had already flown to US. When I had opened a SR, I got a reply that police report is unclear. I then told them that I live in US and my parents had given them copy of aadhar card. They confirmed that police verification is clear but now pending for verification from MHA & MOF. I had submitted my application in Dec 2017 and its been more than 1 year and not approved yet. What should I do now?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:13 pm

I too did not get any notification from police station, so went to the police station directly and he took my application from PSK, photo and took my picture as well. Then he said it is complete and I can go to the PSK and collect my passport (he did not know it was for GE as the process seems to be the same for both).
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:45 am

Same problem

Originally Posted by Acid
Are you a US permanent resident?
im US permanent resident, i did not receive any email from [email protected].

how do i find my GOES/GES id and application date to apply for background check in India?

i have contacted passport office and other indian officials, but no help
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:10 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by dattasaikiran
im US permanent resident, i did not receive any email from [email protected].

how do i find my GOES/GES id and application date to apply for background check in India?

i have contacted passport office and other indian officials, but no help
Welcome to FlyerTalk @dattasaikiran!

Global Entry applications by Indian citizens who are Green Card holders are processed in the exact same manner as applications by US citizens; there is no need for backgrounds check in India or interviews at a PSK/PSLK office.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:45 pm

Question How did you file the SR?

Originally Posted by Anirudh Govil
I was not present during police verification as I had already flown to US. When I had opened a SR, I got a reply that police report is unclear. I then told them that I live in US and my parents had given them copy of aadhar card. They confirmed that police verification is clear but now pending for verification from MHA & MOF. I had submitted my application in Dec 2017 and its been more than 1 year and not approved yet. What should I do now?
Hi Anirudh,

Thanks for the info! How exactly did you file the SR? I tried doing it online through the "Grievance/Feedback" option in the website, but the stupid thing keeps throwing a validation error "Please select Passport Reference Number.", even though I have specified it.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:06 pm

Can anyone confirm if the passport address matters for a GlobalEntry application?

My passport address is outdated - I reside in the US, and my Indian address for all intents and purposes is my parents' home, however that's not the address on my passport, it's some random rental apartment address.

Will I be able to proceed with GlobalEntry application without getting this fixed?
Old May 9, 2019, 7:42 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello @jetson94,

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

The following threads may have useful information:
Old May 9, 2019, 7:49 pm

Hi @twa844 , thank you but I was asking for the process followed by Passport Services in India, which conducts a police verification at some X address before sending a GlobalEntry authorization to the CBP.

I wanted to ask if that X address for Indian police verification can be different from the passport address (likely not).
Old May 9, 2019, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by jetson94
I wanted to ask if that X address for Indian police verification can be different from the passport address (likely not).
From having followed both this thread and the parallel one in the India forum, the Indian authorities are interested in your address in India.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
From having followed both this thread and the parallel one in the India forum, the Indian authorities are interested in your address in India.
Thanks again! I do get that but that was not quite my question. Let me try again.

Let's say that the address on my passport is Mumbai. It's an older address where I used to live, but not any longer.

My parents live in Punjab. If I were to fill a GlobalEntry application mentioning a Punjab address, although my passport has a Mumbai Address, will that be acceptable, and will my Punjab address be used for police verification purposes, or do I need to get the address on my passport changed to the Punjab address first?
Old May 9, 2019, 8:47 pm

My parents live in Punjab. If I were to fill a GlobalEntry application mentioning a Punjab address, although my passport has a Mumbai Address, will that be acceptable, and will my Punjab address be used for police verification purposes, or do I need to get the address on my passport changed to the Punjab address first?
Sorry, I don't know the answer.
Old May 10, 2019, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thanks again! I do get that but that was not quite my question. Let me try again.

Let's say that the address on my passport is Mumbai. It's an older address where I used to live, but not any longer.

the address on your passport is what passport seva will determine as your official address....i don't think different addresses will be acceptable....
GUWonder and jetson94 like this.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:25 am

You can use the Punjab address for verification as long as they can show that you are living now there. The police verification process is actually taking your photograph for validating you so you need to be present at the address when police tries to verify. So that is an important step in the verification. I do not think they go beyond that but without that photograph validation, things are stuck. Hope this helps.
jetson94 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by raju_77
You can use the Punjab address for verification as long as they can show that you are living now there. The police verification process is actually taking your photograph for validating you so you need to be present at the address when police tries to verify. So that is an important step in the verification. I do not think they go beyond that but without that photograph validation, things are stuck. Hope this helps.
I see... thank you!

To be honest I'm a bit confused now, since I have two conflicting answers. Just to be clear, you're saying that if my GlobalEntry application has a Punjab address, they'll just disregard the Mumbai address on my passport, and my verification should go through since I'll actually be at the Punjab address at that time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.