Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry / NEXUS Citizenship Update Procedure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry / NEXUS Citizenship Update Procedure

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
Based on your profile, I think you shouldn't have an issue. Mrs. Majuki's green card information was removed but her other passport information, which was listed in the system but has never been an entry document for her as long as she's had a GE membership, remains.

You need to make sure that your citizenship information is showing US and entry document is your US passport, which appears to be the case. Extra documents that are listed are inert.
Agree, that what I figured as well, as long as only US passport is listed as entry document should be fine. If both Permanent Resident Card and US passport are listed as entry document "You've entered 2 document proving you may enter the United States", that's a problem for GE system, and green card need to be removed in order to fix it.
Majuki likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by apollo927
Agree, that what I figured as well, as long as only US passport is listed as entry document should be fine. If both Permanent Resident Card and US passport are listed as entry document "You've entered 2 document proving you may enter the United States", that's a problem for GE system, and green card need to be removed in order to fix it.
I wouldn't worry about it personally and think your configuration shouldn't have any issues. You can provide a data point on your next entry into the US.

In Mrs. Majuki's case her green card was still listed as her entry document even though the enrollment office at SFO had added her - at the time - new US passport. When she went to use the kiosk at LAX about 10 months later and presented her passport (as this was before GE 2.0) the system was expecting a green card. I don't see a reason for there not to be a facility for members to update types of documents on the portal since this is something that can be done at the time of applying for or renewing a membership. The only thing you can do in between is update expiration dates of existing documents or a passport number of the same type of passport.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:58 pm

Hello Guys, looking for advice on my situation. I got US citizenship and went to GE office to add my US passport. I now see citizenship as United States in my online profile, and I also got them remove my green card and Indian passport from my profile in second trip to GE office based on inputs in this forum as those were still showing up as entry documents and both are not valid anymore.
After they removed my Indian Passport which is now cancelled, and green card which I returned when I got citizenship, I am not seeing anything as entry document now. My guess is when they deleted Indian passport and green card from my profile, they did not set US passport as entry document. Will that be an issue? because there is no document that is setup as entry document. I do see my US passport correctly in Update Documents link, but I don't see US passport in View Membership Information link.
The person who helped me delete India passport and green card said that it does not really matter as US passport is already added in your profile, but based on information in this thread that may not be correct.
Any guidance on my situation is appreciated. Should I go back (third time ) and ask them to set US passport in my profile as Entry Document as well, or I am ok as US passport is there because it shows up in Update Documents link?
Thanks!
Old May 24, 2022, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by apollo927
This is a follow up to my recent Global Entry update, as shared earlier, both my previous country's passport and green card as well as US passport are listed in my global entry profile but only US passport is listed as entry document.
I came back to the US without any issue at all last week, at airport, touch screen to begin, take a picture, out comes the receipt and hand it off to CBP officer, I was waiting by the luggage belt 3 mins off the plane and out by curb in 10 mins.
Majuki likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by rachitmathur
Any guidance on my situation is appreciated. Should I go back (third time ) and ask them to set US passport in my profile as Entry Document as well, or I am ok as US passport is there because it shows up in Update Documents link?
Thanks!
I think - but don't know for certain - that the US passport needs to be listed as the entry document.
Old May 25, 2022, 12:22 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Does anyone know if these centers take walk-ins for status updates (such as change in citizenship) or is it strictly appointments for NEXUS enrollment and renewal?
Old May 25, 2022, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Majuki
I think - but don't know for certain - that the US passport needs to be listed as the entry document.
Thanks. That is what i am guessing as well. Hoping to see more responses with their experiences
Majuki likes this.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Nayef
Does anyone know if these centers take walk-ins for status updates (such as change in citizenship) or is it strictly appointments for NEXUS enrollment and renewal?
instructions here

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nex...nnees-eng.html
Old May 25, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by seawolf
Thanks but I checked this out already. It doesn’t say anything about whether I need an appointment or not. It just says I need to visit an enrollment center to change my citizenship info, which I already knew.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Thanks but I checked this out already. It doesn’t say anything about whether I need an appointment or not. It just says I need to visit an enrollment center to change my citizenship info, which I already knew.
There has never been an option to make an appointment unless you are doing an interview; essentially you have to walk in if it cannot be done online.
Old May 26, 2022, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by rachitmathur
Thanks. That is what i am guessing as well. Hoping to see more responses with their experiences
In practical terms this might no longer matter with GE 2.0. Since the kiosk compares your photo to the one on file, you no longer scan an entry document. However, I'm uncertain if I'd want to be the data point there to test that theory.

Regardless, at renewal time, you will be able to input the US passport as an entry document.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
When I naturalized, I went to the kiosk and scanned my new US PP and of course it failed. I then just went up to the booth, handed them my GE card and they updated the record for me. My old passport *and* US passport show as entry documents on the website. When I get a GE printout, it also shows Citizenship as being my non US one.. but I'm not too worried.
Majuki likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
When I naturalized, I went to the kiosk and scanned my new US PP and of course it failed. I then just went up to the booth, handed them my GE card and they updated the record for me. My old passport *and* US passport show as entry documents on the website. When I get a GE printout, it also shows Citizenship as being my non US one.. but I'm not too worried.
This is the case on the GE card unless you get it replaced before renewing. Since Mrs. Majuki was within a year of the renewal window, we just waited to get the new card reflecting USC upon renewal. I think her receipts still said USC though, not her previous nationality.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
I'm here with the same question. Do we need to get appointments to update citizenship details?

Nayef Did you figure out how to get your citizenship details updated?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by jagadishgandhi
I'm here with the same question. Do we need to get appointments to update citizenship details?

Nayef Did you figure out how to get your citizenship details updated?
I don't know about citizenship updates but I tried doing a walk-in at Blaine for a Nexus interview. This used to be possible pre-COVID and is possible now for Global Entry. It was definitely NOT possible for a Nexus interview at Blaine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.