Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry vs. Mobile Passport App vs. APC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry vs. Mobile Passport App vs. APC

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 10:49 am

Cool Can't find the MPC app....

As of today (July 20th) I cannot find the MPC app in the App Store on my ipad. What am I doing wrong?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 11:23 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Lydiagirl
As of today (July 20th) I cannot find the MPC app in the App Store on my ipad. What am I doing wrong?
I have no problem finding it in Google Play.

Here is a link to download it in iTunes:
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:43 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
In the iOS App store, search for "airside mobile LLC", and then it will come up as "Mobile Passport -- officially authorized by the U.S. Cus....". That's the app.

They just released an update to it within the past 24 hours. It's still there in the iPhone app store too.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
A friend reports this is operating at IAD now.

Also, searching for "mobile passport" in iTunes locates this app first.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by drewguy
A friend reports this is operating at IAD now.

Also, searching for "mobile passport" in iTunes locates this app first.
IAD, MSP, RDU and TPA are the latest MPC airport additions allowed by CBP.
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:26 pm
Suspended

When it comes to just US or Canadian citizens at airports/terminals with both MPC and GE, MPC is better than GE when the travel party consists of a mixture of GE and non-GE travelers.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN, 7G, SPG (for now)
The Mobile Passport Control app for iOS is designed for iPhone only. You can still use it on an iPad, it just won't scale correctly.

When you search for it on your iPad, after completely a search for "mobile passport," look to the top left and switch "iPad Only" to "iPhone Only." Should be the first option.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 9:58 am

GE should not generally warrant interaction with anyone at most airports (excluding preclerance). This is a major benefit.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 10:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DavidVenuto
GE should not generally warrant interaction with anyone at most airports (excluding preclerance). This is a major benefit.
Even with GE, the GE receipt still has to be shown to a CBP employee to exit a US airport of entry.

While things will change if MPC use by lots of others picks up big time, for now I am doing as well or better with MPC than I would with GE when I decide to use MPC instead of GE. But I sort of have a better than usual idea of which approach is likely to work on a given occasion.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidVenuto
What if you are carrying food?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:51 pm

GE Still Worth It?

The last two times I have flown back to the US I noticed that for regular US Citizens they have the machines they can use. My colleagues who travel with me seem to get through the normal line at the same time I get through the GE one. The only difference was after getting your bag and being able to cut in front of the line to exit. With this has anyone thought about not renewing?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
What airports?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by darkguy2
The last two times I have flown back to the US I noticed that for regular US Citizens they have the machines they can use. My colleagues who travel with me seem to get through the normal line at the same time I get through the GE one. The only difference was after getting your bag and being able to cut in front of the line to exit. With this has anyone thought about not renewing?
Really depends on the airport and the number of arriving flights. Came back from Athens via PHL earlier this year and landed with three other International flights. Had to be 600-700 people in the regular lines and a dozen in GE. On the other hand took a quick trip down to Mexico and came back through DFW. Hit a lull and our little 737 was the only flight clearing. We still got through quickly but probably not significantly faster than the few using the regular lanes. I'll keep GE because the PHL situation is a lot more typical than the DFW one.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:31 pm

PHL & ATL
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by darkguy2
Arrived IAD a few days ago and easily beat the crowd through passport check, but I don't know the status of the other kiosks.

However, the lines to go though bag check were all the way across the baggage claim area. Had to be an incredibly long wait to get to an agent. GE line, on the other hand, was only a dozen or so people long. Yes, I plan to renew.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.