Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry vs. Mobile Passport App vs. APC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry vs. Mobile Passport App vs. APC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
The Global Entry facial recognition kiosks are pretty darned fast; I've never had to wait in line to use one at MIA, JFK T8 and LAX. However, now there is an additional option:
The last time we arrived at JFK T8 there was a relatively short GE line and a much longer MPC line next to each other, with some CBP type directing people from each line and she was letting through a lot of MPC people and hardly any from the GE line, resulting in the longest wait I've ever had with GE. The kiosks were fast, but that didn't really matter.

Was this unusual for T8?

At other JFK terminals, there was a dedicated GE CBP officer and essentially zero wait.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vasantn
Is it the consensus that MPC is faster than GE? I have both.
I have both, but I've never been able to get MPC to work.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by TWA884
The Global Entry facial recognition kiosks are pretty darned fast; I've never had to wait in line to use one at MIA, JFK T8 and LAX. However, now there is an additional option:
The app is really good. You barely have to stop moving from the plane to curbside, even though the kiosks were good this is even better. It's the fastest I've ever got through immigration through any country.
Rare and TWA884 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.