Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2021, 12:48 am

Programs: nexus
Originally Posted by Croptop
At no point between the time I applied and the time my application was marked as "Approved" was my application ever given a status of "Conditionally Approved".
I believe TWA884 's explanation is right on the mark.
Thanks. Wow so that means you applied for renewal in June and for 9 months, your application was sitting in limbo then? and then in march, it got approved?
That's a long time they kept you waiting then??
That's kind of why i was asking...because my application status changed within about 1 week (to conditionally approved). i'm surprised your application took 9 months??
Old Mar 23, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jtiu
Thanks. Wow so that means you applied for renewal in June and for 9 months, your application was sitting in limbo then? and then in march, it got approved?
That's a long time they kept you waiting then??
That's kind of why i was asking...because my application status changed within about 1 week (to conditionally approved). i'm surprised your application took 9 months??
Renewals have really fit in to two results from my personal experience and what I've been reading.
Either it has been a super quick 24-48 hour approval or there is a long delay in wating. I had a change to my work situation and did my renewal in October, I'm still pending review. The other 3 members of our family did the renewal at the same time (on a Saturday) and received approvals the next day and new cards were received by the end of the week 5 days later.

Hopefully they start speeding up their review times in anticipation of maybe borders reopening.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Follow-up question about my renewal (which was approved last week):
My original NEXUS card is valid until May of 2021. Should I be expecting my replacement card to arrive any day now (based on my renewal having been approved an no requirement for an interview) or will the card not ship out until closer to my original expiration date?

I looked on the Trusted Traveler website and re-read my renewal approval notification but couldn't find the answer.
Old Mar 24, 2021, 7:50 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Croptop
Follow-up question about my renewal (which was approved last week):
My original NEXUS card is valid until May of 2021. Should I be expecting my replacement card to arrive any day now (based on my renewal having been approved an no requirement for an interview) or will the card not ship out until closer to my original expiration date?

I looked on the Trusted Traveler website and re-read my renewal approval notification but couldn't find the answer.
You will receive a new card in 1-2 weeks from approval. Once you confirm receipt of your new card, your prior Nexus card will be invalidated (even though its expiration date has not been reached).
Old Mar 24, 2021, 8:16 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by mnbp
You will receive a new card in 1-2 weeks from approval. Once you confirm receipt of your new card, your prior Nexus card will be invalidated (even though its expiration date has not been reached).
Thanks very much for the info. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my dumb questions.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:57 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
Last renewal was 3/16 - no interview required.

Nexus expires 3/22 (wife 12/21)

Filed for Nexus renewal yesterday & hoping for no interview required, but since it's been 10 years since the original approval they may want a new picture (although we are over 60 & I look the same). Anyone else have an experience with 10 years of membership and getting no interview required?

Update: 3/26/21 - APPROVED with no interview requirement - so it only took two days from renewal application to approval and my wife & I will be getting new cards with 10 year old pictures.

Update II: 4/6/21 - New cards with 10 year old pictures arrived & were activated (my wife was not happy because she was sick the day that picture was taken!).
seawolf likes this.

Last edited by rubesl; Apr 8, 2021 at 5:27 am
Old Mar 29, 2021, 7:09 am

Programs: Free Agent
Filing under: Close but no cigar...
Logged in with the faint hope that appointments could be booked.
Was BEYOND excited to see Zoom interview option... only to be brought back to earth by noting all possible booking options for 1 appointment blanked out until Jan 2022- and probably beyond but I stopped clicking.
Did note a new advisory to have an appt booked by some date in March 2022 or my conditional approval will be cancelled.

Last edited by canolakid; Mar 29, 2021 at 7:12 am Reason: Duplicated, sort of
Old Mar 29, 2021, 6:36 pm

Renewal March 28 for one adult and one child.
Approval March 29 for the adult and conditional approval for the child.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
If your renewal application is straight forward (Single passport, no major updates), you can most likely get a straight approval

If your renewal application is complicated (Multiple passports, bunch of moves in the last 5 years, bunch of new countries visited), chances are high you are conditionally approved pending an interview.
seawolf likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: AA, Jet Blue, Unitedd, Delta, Hilton, Marriot
My NEXUS card renewal was just approved on March 30th. I applied for renewal on August 4, 2020. My birthday and expiration date was in April 2021. So, seven months from the application date.
My wife applied at the same time as I did. Her renewal was approved in December. Her birthday and expiration date was in January 2021.
Our renewal status was definitely tied into our birthdates. It took some patience.
Both of us did not require an interview
Old Mar 31, 2021, 2:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ben1979
If your renewal application is straight forward (Single passport, no major updates), you can most likely get a straight approval

If your renewal application is complicated (Multiple passports, bunch of moves in the last 5 years, bunch of new countries visited), chances are high you are conditionally approved pending an interview.
That does seem to fit my experience. Spouse changed address/jobs. Conditional approval. Kids just changed address and was renewed outright.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Partner filed for Nexus renewal in September, conditionally approved in November; interview required. Now that we have flight #1 booked it seems like no TSA Pre-Check for her either. So that err sucks. Especially since I have that lovely checkmark on my boarding pass but won't be able to use it. Royal PITA.

Are there options for her to be able to get PreCheck or GE in the interim while stuck in Nexus limbo? Or is this just a Catch-22.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:53 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by leland
Partner filed for Nexus renewal in September, conditionally approved in November; interview required. Now that we have flight #1 booked it seems like no TSA Pre-Check for her either. So that err sucks. Especially since I have that lovely checkmark on my boarding pass but won't be able to use it. Royal PITA.

Are there options for her to be able to get PreCheck or GE in the interim while stuck in Nexus limbo? Or is this just a Catch-22.
When is/was membership expiration date?
Old Apr 4, 2021, 10:49 am

Programs: AS, IHG and post-loyal
Originally Posted by seawolf
When is/was membership expiration date?
Expired last month.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 11:32 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by leland
Expired last month.
There is a grace period of 12-18 months if a renewal application is pending. It is just one time no Pre or multiple times since expiration?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.