Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:29 pm

I applied in Aug 1, and got conditionally approved on Aug.4. Basically it got approved right after the weekend+civic holiday. :0

YYZ is not availble for appointments now. I booked the one in Fort Erie in November.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I am shocked! Submitted my NEXUS renewal on 8/2 and woke up this morning to find I’ve already been conditionally approved! It does require an interview, unlike my renewal in 2015, but still.....an excellent turn around time!
BTA and D582 like this.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Anyone have any insight as to what seems to trigger a conditional approval vs a full approval (without interview) for NEXUS renewals? I just submitted my renewal application, and will wait and see which approval I'm given, but am hoping to avoid an interview if possible. When I applied initially, I lived in Seattle and it was pretty easy to get an appointment at Boeing Field. Now it looks like Blaine is the only WA-based enrollment center, and I'm based in Los Angeles, so would need to travel regardless, but SEA would be easier than heading up further North or taking a trip elsewhere in CA (when COVID restrictions ease) to complete my renewal interview. Thanks in advance for any insights!
Old Aug 7, 2020, 10:42 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I am shocked! Submitted my NEXUS renewal on 8/2 and woke up this morning to find I’ve already been conditionally approved! It does require an interview, unlike my renewal in 2015, but still.....an excellent turn around time!
Very jealous... applied for renewal in January... still pending review. Card technically expired in July so I'm now in the 'extension' time. Just don't get why some people are fast and others have been waiting for months
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Anyone have any insight as to what seems to trigger a conditional approval vs a full approval (without interview) for NEXUS renewals? I just submitted my renewal application, and will wait and see which approval I'm given, but am hoping to avoid an interview if possible. When I applied initially, I lived in Seattle and it was pretty easy to get an appointment at Boeing Field. Now it looks like Blaine is the only WA-based enrollment center, and I'm based in Los Angeles, so would need to travel regardless, but SEA would be easier than heading up further North or taking a trip elsewhere in CA (when COVID restrictions ease) to complete my renewal interview. Thanks in advance for any insights!
Well, guess I have my answer.. About 25 hrs later, I'm now conditionally approved. Shocked how quickly they processed it to the conditional approval stage, honestly.
Finding an appointment to complete the renewal will be another story.. The (somewhat more) convenient locations all show no future appointment availability. And as I mentioned above, it seems like they've scaled back the number of enrollment locations. Hopefully those start to open back up in the next year or so...
Old Aug 7, 2020, 3:41 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Well, guess I have my answer.. About 25 hrs later, I'm now conditionally approved. Shocked how quickly they processed it to the conditional approval stage, honestly.
Finding an appointment to complete the renewal will be another story.. The (somewhat more) convenient locations all show no future appointment availability. And as I mentioned above, it seems like they've scaled back the number of enrollment locations. Hopefully those start to open back up in the next year or so...
Congratulations.

You have 18 months from your current expiration date to complete the enrollment interview. Please refer to the following thread:
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by D582
Very jealous... applied for renewal in January... still pending review. Card technically expired in July so I'm now in the 'extension' time. Just don't get why some people are fast and others have been waiting for months
NEXUS renewals could certainly be one of life’s greatest mysteries! Hopefully yours comes through before too much longer. While I wish I did not have to re interview, it’ll be great to get rid of the god awful card I have. The photo was taken in 2011 when I was 70lbs heavier and much younger. They also used a terrible Logitech type webcam which captured the photo at a angle, so it sort of looks like I have a fake NEXUS card
D582 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:17 am

Applied 11/7/2019, received an approval this morning, no interview required. 278 days
Old Aug 16, 2020, 7:09 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by ctbarron
Me, wife, and two teenagers applied for renewal 11/17. Kids approved 11/21, wife approved 11/22. No interviews needed. I’m stunned at this short approval time.

Mine of course has no status change, so I figure several months to balance out the averages.
As noted above for renewal in Nov 2019. My renewal finally came through on 8/10/2020, so almost 9 months. My original expiration date was April 2020 (yes, I know they extended). I wonder how long the card will take to get here lol.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 8:41 am

My son renewed his on 8/15/20, received full approval this morning, no interview required,
Old Sep 2, 2020, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by ctbarron
As noted above for renewal in Nov 2019. My renewal finally came through on 8/10/2020, so almost 9 months. My original expiration date was April 2020 (yes, I know they extended). I wonder how long the card will take to get here lol.
Congratulations! I'm still in the waiting period. US citizen with Nexus expiry in May 2020. My passport expiration was December 2019 and I needed it in hand last fall, so couldn't get it renewed until November. My Nexus renewal payment was processed December 12 so it's now been "Pending Review" for almost nine months.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 7:25 pm

Applied in Feb 2020, still waiting

I applied for my NEXUS renewal in Feb 2020, still waiting as of Sep 2nd, 2020. Not sure how long it would take. It seems they are processing recent renewals within a week or two.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 4:54 pm

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
I've had my NEXUS appointment cancelled for maybe the 4th time now. My appointment at Champlain, NY for Sept 10 disappeared Monday with no explaination. Today I got this in the email. (emphasis mine)

Enrollment Applicants,

The Champlain Enrollment Center will open for Global Entry appointments only starting on Sept 8, 2020. At this time, NEXUS, FAST, and walk-in appointments are not being accepted.

Of Note: Global Entry appointments do not qualify as Essential Travel to the U.S. from Canada. Please make plans accordingly.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: UA MM
My wife applied for GE renewal this week and was notified of approval in about 24 to 48 hours. No mention of any interview required.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by joanek
Congratulations! I'm still in the waiting period. US citizen with Nexus expiry in May 2020. My passport expiration was December 2019 and I needed it in hand last fall, so couldn't get it renewed until November. My Nexus renewal payment was processed December 12 so it's now been "Pending Review" for almost nine months.
Just got my "conditional approval" on 9/9 - so almost nine months to the day. This will be my second Nexus renewal and I need an interview. I didn't need one for the first renewal. Closest location is Vermont and first available is November 3 - looks like they have each Tuesday and Thursday open. Let's see if that sticks. I'm voting early, so no conflict with Election Day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.