Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:59 am

Data point out of Calgary:
-Renewal submitted, interview required: May 2021
-Fully approved, without interview this morning

Could be a systemwide thing?
seawolf, Xyzzy, YYCCL3 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 10:11 am

rustykettel mentioned upthread about receiving an email to confirm documents before being considered for auto-renewal. Have any of you other folks that were magically approved received the same ?

edit: I can answer my own question. My wife's nexus was magically approved today and did not receive any emails prior to that... hopefully mine comes around as well as we submitted renewals at the same time in late 2019!
PatrickTM likes this.

Last edited by YYCCL3; Nov 1, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
I received a "TTP Application Status Change" email last night. Logged into my account to see that I've now been fully approved! The letter came from the Seattle, WA location - where I interviewed to get my Nexus card last time. I presume they automatically cancelled the interview appointment I scheduled for January; it's no longer on my dashboard.

Conditionally Approved: October 2020
Fully Approved: October 2022
New expiration year: 2026 (5 years after last card's expiration)
seawolf, ecgz88 and PatrickTM like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Expired last year, renewed May of this year, conditional approval in September. Scheduled interview at Detroit then for today given others' good luck with that center being proactive. However no luck so rescheduled for December while trying to get a closer and more convenient slot. Then this email. Fingers recrossed for full approval.
Got email this evening, renewed through 2028. ABTC renewed to passport expiration in 2026.

I'm glad that the Detroit center sent out the email rather than denying the auto renewal. I forgot that I had renewed my drivers license since May and hadn't updated it in the TTP dashboard.
PatrickTM likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: NEXUS
Awesome. Here's hoping that the interview-free renewal trend snowballs and heads my way.
rustykettel likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2022, 4:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wise Chaldean
Promising indeed. You go, Detroit, city of my youth! I have heard nothing of the kind from Fort Erie, which strengthens my suspicion that renewals are largely in the hands of the enrollment centers.
Originally Posted by GadgetKen
Renewal approval letter was electronic and came from Montreal/Dorval, QC where I had the interviews for my original card.

Nexus card in mail I think came from a US address.
Originally Posted by PeteyNice
The Vancouver enrollment center is also clearing Interview Required renewals.

Renewed: April, 2020 (Interview Required)
Today: Approved, no interview required.
Originally Posted by Buckle_Up
Data point out of Calgary:
-Renewal submitted, interview required: May 2021
-Fully approved, without interview this morning

Could be a systemwide thing?
Canadian enrollment centres are closed and not staffed by CBP due to ongoing dispute.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Canadian enrollment centres are closed and not staffed by CBP due to ongoing dispute.
Not sure how this is relevant to the quoted posts. Are you suggesting that CBP staff are not working on Nexus renewals? Or that renewal decisions must not be made by individual enrollment centers because the Canadian ones don't have CBP staff on site?
Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:40 pm

Not sure how this is relevant to the quoted posts. Are you suggesting that CBP staff are not working on Nexus renewals? Or that renewal decisions must not be made by individual enrollment centers because the Canadian ones don't have CBP staff on site?
The Nexus offices are closed in Canada - no US or CDN staff/ border agents working there. In the US, US and CDN border agents are working and the offices staffed. Appointments can be hard to come by though.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 9:35 pm

The fact that an enrollment center is closed doesn't tell us much about what its staff is doing all day. Presumably they're still processing renewal applications, just not interviewing.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:25 am

Applied in January for NEXUS expiring September 2022. Received approval letter today electronically from Derby Line enrollment center, where my 2017 interview was.
PatrickTM likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 8:40 am

Wondering how strict is the appointment time? We have a slot for 1:30PM, but it's looking like we'll be getting there a bit earlier around 12:30PM.

Would we be able to get it done earlier? Or turned away?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by wahoyaho
Wondering how strict is the appointment time? We have a slot for 1:30PM, but it's looking like we'll be getting there a bit earlier around 12:30PM.

Would we be able to get it done earlier? Or turned away?
Walk in when you arrive and see what happens. I doubt you'll be turned away for arriving an hour in advance. Bring reading material.

Originally Posted by rove312
Applied in January for NEXUS expiring September 2022. Received approval letter today electronically from Derby Line enrollment center, where my 2017 interview was.
Great news! Full approval, not conditional?
PatrickTM likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 7, 2022 at 11:26 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 6:39 pm

Great news! Full approval, not conditional?
Yes, full approval.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:43 pm

Programs: Nexus
I received my Nexus renewal approval on 10/22 (interview waived). Still no card yet in the mail...hope it didn't get lost. It should have arrived on 11/3 according to Informed Delivery. Any advice?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:36 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Yes, I see that in mine, but hasn't that been there since they took away the interviews in March 2020? It doesn't indicate the period of extension, nor does the linked FAQ address this point at all. Prior e-mail communications indicated a 2 year extension, so I'm wondering if they're going to update that.
Update:

I renewed my Nexus in June 2021 and received a conditional approval. I've been waiting for interview slots to become available, relying on the 2-year validity extension in the meantime.

Today, I just received a notice that my renewal application is now fully approved, and valid until June 2026. No more interview needed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.