Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by adjonline
Does anyone happen to know how Amsterdam can be accessed? I have seen mentioned that appointments are occasionally available there, but I cannot spot it in the list of those available.
Look here

Seems we missed the boat by a few weeks!

Well Full Score, let us all know how it goes! I think you're first up of this batch

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 27, 2019 at 8:33 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I'll be going w/ my partner while she applies for hers in person on Oct 3 as well. Going to try dropping in at MIA, otherwise have an appointment booked the following week just before departure.

Larry is sure a well-liked guy among my British friends these days!
Old Sep 25, 2013, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Larry is sure a well-liked guy among my British friends these days!
I wonder how many email promo codes he sent out!?
Old Sep 25, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: VS
My timeline for this..

Received promotional code from Virgin Atlantic 28th August
Applied for ACRO certificate 29th August
Received certificate 3rd September
Applied for Global Entry 4th Septmber
Travelled to IAD 23rd September Packed ACRO cert just in case
Arrived in IAD queued at border watching people walk through global entry kiosks in 1 min
Got to hotel and received condional approval
Looked online for interview slots nothing until October
Travelled to NJ on 25th Sept
Found an interview slot just appeared at JFK 6pm 27th Sept. am due to travel from Newark that same night not enough time to get to Newark on a Friday night
Found from company travel agent I can rebook onto a Virgin flight from JFK at no extra cost so do that so I can take the 6pm interview slot and travel from JFK
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:12 am

To add to my post just above this one. I arrived at the JFK Global Entry Enrollment Centre at approx 4.45 for a 6pm appointment.

There was a small waiting room and a sign in sheet which asked or name and appointment time and time of arrival. There was also a column on the sheet for walk in appointments. I would say it would be no problem at a time like that to get a walk in appointment.

The Global Rntry video was playing in that room. After about 5 minutes a CBP officer came in looked at the sheet and called me into the other room, where there were about 4 desks for interviews.

He did ask for my conditional approval letter and passport. Then the police certificate which just gets scanned and then photocopied and the original handed back.

He then asked had I ever travelled to Canada or Mexico and a couple of other questions from the original application.

Then fingerprints taken on the usual scanner device, a digital photo and then he said congratulations and welcome to Global Entry. He said my application would show as approved in a few hours.

Then I was taken to a training Global Entry kiosk in the room and got to give it a try.

He pointed out to be careful how you answer the status screen. There are a lot of Visa options there. He said look out specifically for WB for a business trip and WT for a pleasure trip. There are descriptions next to each but there is more than one business option. ESTA holders will always want WB or WT.

He reminded me to still keep my ESTA current.

The machine then printed two slips. One with a photo which gets handed to the customs officer and one you keep as proof of legal entry to the United States, as your passport will no longer get stamped.

He shook my hand and wished me a safe flight.

The office at JFK seems staffed by the same guards you see at the desks in the arrivals hall, but in here they seem very friendly and chatty.

As I was leaving by phone buzzed and when I checked it was the approval email coming in. So it didn't take long at all.

I was told that as I was not a US citizen I would not get the Global Entry card.

All in all a quick process with friendly staff

Last edited by ccarmock; Sep 28, 2013 at 12:35 pm
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:26 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thanks for that, ccarmock, great to hear a first-hand account of the detail of the process. The walk-up arrangements are very useful to know of (and fit with a couple of reports in other blogs) - as log as my conditional approval comes through in the next month I've got lots of US airport visits on my TP run so should be OK! Shame no stamp in the passport any more - between that and the EU it'll be half-empty!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:30 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I'm still waiting for my GOES application to be approved, but whilst I wait I'm going to ask a daft question!

So assuming I get an interview slot at JFK, or indeed if I want to chance my arm for a walk in appointment, how do I get to the JFK Global Entry Enrollment Centre?

Do I go through Immigration as normal then it's on the other side, or is it air side?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:31 am

Hi

After originally putting in 1 digit wrong on my Driving licence number, I've now managed to actually loose the photo card part so Will have to apply for a new one, this is going to mean a new expiry date!

I can see them throwing me out of my interview when I get conditional approval at this rate!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by billinghamn
I'm still waiting for my GOES application to be approved, but whilst I wait I'm going to ask a daft question!

So assuming I get an interview slot at JFK, or indeed if I want to chance my arm for a walk in appointment, how do I get to the JFK Global Entry Enrollment Centre?

Do I go through Immigration as normal then it's on the other side, or is it air side?
I think unless it was a very peak time you will not have a problem with a walk in appointment at JFK they seem to be providing for that in their sign in process.

Remember to do what I did and take your ACRO certificate even if you still show as pending as mine changed to conditionally approved while I was in the US

Ok the JFK Global Entry Enrollment centre is on the arrivals level at JFK in Terminal 4

It is landside so you can get to it without needed to fly.

In the public area of the arrivals hall it is to the right hand side of the exit from the customs hall. Right hand side as you look back into the customs hall from the outside.

It's right on the same wall and there is a sign hanging outside.

As you go in turn left for the small waiting room. You actually enter the interview room first.

Originally Posted by gavvy
Hi

After originally putting in 1 digit wrong on my Driving licence number, I've now managed to actually loose the photo card part so Will have to apply for a new one, this is going to mean a new expiry date!

I can see them throwing me out of my interview when I get conditional approval at this rate!
I really don't think this will be a problem. Initially he asked for my driving licence and then said oh no I don't need to see a UK licence that is just for US citizens, unless you also hold a US licence.

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 27, 2019 at 8:34 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:57 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ccarmock
It is landside so you can get to it without needed to fly.

In the public area of the arrivals hall it is to the right hand side of the exit from the customs hall. Right hand side as you look back into the customs hall from the outside.

It's right on the same wall and there is a sign hanging outside.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:00 pm

I applied for GE on Sept 4th, with a promotional code from Virgin Atlantic actually and then while I was in the US last week my status changed from Pending review to Conditionally approved.

I had taken my ACRO Police certificate with me just in case, and also after some searching was able grab an interview appointment at JFK Terminal 4 on Friday at 6pm, which was around 90 mins before my return flight.

Got there an hour or so early, signed in and was seen within 5 mins of arriving.

I was asked a few questions, finger prints taken, photo taken.

I then got to have a go on the demo kiosk they have there and told congratulations you're fully approved, and that I'd get the email to confirm later that evening.

By the time I got upstairs the email confirming full approval was waiting for me.

I will say, at JFK the sign in sheet even has a column for walk-in appointments. They were not that busy and saw me a good hour ahead of my appointment time.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by LondonAndy

To stay on topic, I submitted my application today (but put the hologram number from the certificate on - whoops!).
I did the exact same thing. I emailed Larry Panetta with my application number and the hologram number and the URN number and he got my record updated for me, though that update will not show in GOES.

For anyone else about to apply the correct Police certificate number to enter is the one at the top left.

I mentioned this at my interview and they said it won't make any difference - as they go by the original certificate you take to the interview, which is photocopied and scanned and you get the original back.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Full Score
UK citizen & passport:

Request to Larry for code: Aug 22, 10.43pm
Code received: 9 hours 11 mins later (WOW!)
ACRO certificate application mailed from California: Aug 23
Application receipt acknowledged: Aug 28
Certificate received in California: Sept 4 (Premium Service)
Global entry application submitted: Sept 4
Email received informing me that my status had changed: Sept 23, 9.12am
Letter on the GE website confirming conditional approval: Sept 23
Appointment made for interview at San Ysidro: Sept 27, 10am
Update: the "interview" lasted all of seven minutes. No video, no explanation, virtually no questions. Usual digital photo and fingerprints, the same as for entering the country. I had to wait until 11.05am (65 minutes late). As this particular office on the San Diego/Tijuana border deal mainly with Sentri and Nexus applications, they kept it very simple. The officer was friendly and polite, saying that I'd receive my card in 7-10 days time, contrary to others who have stated that UK citizens don't receive a card. The online GOES site still shows as Pending, though it is the weekend. Hopefully on Monday it will confirm what he told me verbally, i.e. I have been approved. YIPPIE!!!!!!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:45 pm

Interesting I was told categorically I will not receive a card as they are for US Citizens only :-)
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
How long should one plan to allow for the interview and any other formalities?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.