Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2013, 5:49 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
I am in a similar situation - but a few days behind you.
Does anyone know whether the 'shutdown' is now holding up the processing?
I have a trip coming up at the end of next week.
This must depend on more than one thing - and if anyone knows all the answers I'll be astonished!

- whether the delay is due to processing in the UK or US
- if the US, which department is actually responsible for the checking. Customs and immigration are key workers so are not affected by the shutdown. Whether or not this means that their departments are all fully staffed with 'civilian' employees who might be doing the processing is another matter. It might even be another department altogether!

I think what we can say from the data so far is that applications submitted between 22nd August and 5th September (so 13 calendar days apart) seem to have been approved on 23rd September. If that's consistent, the next batch should come out around the end of this week or the beginning of next.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Oct 3, 2013 at 5:55 am
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
I am in a similar situation - but a few days behind you.
Does anyone know whether the 'shutdown' is now holding up the processing?
I have a trip coming up at the end of next week.

I'd take your police certificate etc anyway - people have been approved whilst state side.

Hopefully if this happens you can get a last min appointment or walk in.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
I feel like an expectant father! I check a few times every day as well. Why am I so bothered about this? It will be good to be able to shoot through immigration if I've got Global Entry, but it's hardly a life and death issue is it?

I guess I can't have anything else on my mind can I? I've managed to get the wife to appreciate the benefits of hand luggage only travelling, I've got my next few mileage trips booked. Dec should bring the next AA/BA sale that covers Aug next year. Need to start spending on my BA Amex card to qualify for another 2-4-1 voucher from Nov.

My life seems to revolve around travel, holidays, BAEC and FlyerTalk!
Old Oct 3, 2013, 8:36 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
From my experience from what some have said...

NWIFlyer - you don't have to keep checking. When you get your conditional approval, they email you immediately. Just a suggestion to stop you wasting time and the subsequent disappointment when you see no status change.

I'd definitely take my police certificate with me. Not a copy!! It must be the original. They do give it back after scanning it in and attaching it to your application.

I found the cbp officers to be very accommodating regarding appointments - well at MIA.
They allowed a walkin yesterday morning who didn't have an appointment. The attitude I got was - you are here, we will see you but appointments have priority and you may have to wait.

Discovery Bay - it may be worth ringing your local enrollment center and see what their walkin policy is. At least you will know.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 9:47 am

Full score, what options are there on the goes website once you're approved - could you post a suitably edited screenshot?
I just want to update the end-to-end process

Thanks

Last edited by JonathanC; Oct 4, 2013 at 3:47 am
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by JonathanC
Full score, what options are there on the goes website once you're approved.....
There is virtually nothing to see. It simply gives the dates of your Conditional Approval Notification and Final Approval Notification with an action button by the side of each leading to the actual letter they sent for each step. (I posted my Final Approval letter on page 4 of this thread.)

Lower down, your Membership number for GE with an expiration date, in my case: 2019.

Good luck.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Just one minor point from me who's just been through it...

Check your details carefully on the Manage Membership page - I checked mine the day after I was accepted, and on the form, my visa number was actually my old expired passport number. My visa is in my old passport and I have to carry both documents. You use your visa in the GE kiosk at the airport, not your passport, so I would have probably had an issue going through the kiosk.

A quick call to Miami GE enrollment center and this was rectified over the phone. But it is worth just checking.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
My visa is in my old passport and I have to carry both documents. You use your visa in the GE kiosk at the airport, not your passport, so I would have probably had an issue going through the kiosk.

A quick call to Miami GE enrollment center and this was rectified over the phone. But it is worth just checking.
I thought passports/visas can be managed online?

What happens with ESTAs?
An ESTA is linked to the passport so when one changes so will the other
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by JonathanC
I thought passports/visas can be managed online?

What happens with ESTAs?
An ESTA is linked to the passport so when one changes so will the other
You can update passports. It was my visa number that was wrong and that has to be done by a CBP officer I think. I checked all the available places you can update information and there was no place to edit the visa number.

I don't know about ESTA and whether you can change that. I scanned the pages on the Global Entry edit screens and like visas, I didn't find any place to change ESTA details. Maybe someone here knows better.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
equest to Larry for code: 15 Aug 14:09
Code received: 15 Aug 19:39
ACRO certificate application mailed: 21 Aug
Application receipt acknowledged: 27 Aug
Certificate received: 04 Sep (Standard Service)
Global entry application submitted: 09 Sep
Email received informing me that my status had changed: NOT YET - STILL PENDING
Letter on the GE website confirming conditional approval: NOT YET - STILL PENDING
Appointment made for interview: NOT YET - STILL PENDING

I wonder whether the Shutdown has stopped any of our applications being processed?
Old Oct 7, 2013, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn
equest to Larry for code: 15 Aug 14:09
Code received: 15 Aug 19:39
ACRO certificate application mailed: 21 Aug
Application receipt acknowledged: 27 Aug
Certificate received: 04 Sep (Standard Service)
Global entry application submitted: 09 Sep
Email received informing me that my status had changed: NOT YET - STILL PENDING
Letter on the GE website confirming conditional approval: NOT YET - STILL PENDING
Appointment made for interview: NOT YET - STILL PENDING

I wonder whether the Shutdown has stopped any of our applications being processed?
See entry #49. I also submitted 09.09 & like you still 'Pending'
Old Oct 7, 2013, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Fast service for my partner at MIA last week. GOES was updated the next day.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 6:22 pm

i applied on sept 9 and still no notification on my status
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:36 am

No Promo Code

The GE website still wants a promo code - I called BA but they will only give out to Prems & GGL and not GCH.

I thought this GE program was now open to all - how do I get a promo code?

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2013, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ripley5000
I thought this GE program was now open to all - how do I get a promo code?
Have you tried what's been set out in this very thread? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post21258935 (and following posts)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.