Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Old Oct 12, 2022, 7:51 am
  #2206  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Posts: 198
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Arriving in BOS and hoping to do EoA. Flight arrives at 19.30 and office appears to close at 20.00. Travelling in first so hope to be off the plane quickly. What are the chances of getting approved in time? If not can I do this landslide at BOS? Returning from YUL would this be a possibility? I can't find any details of times etc on the GE website for YUL. Thanks
beamac is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 9:54 am
  #2207  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: oneword Emerald
Posts: 20,917
Originally Posted by beamac
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Arriving in BOS and hoping to do EoA. Flight arrives at 19.30 and office appears to close at 20.00. Travelling in first so hope to be off the plane quickly. What are the chances of getting approved in time? If not can I do this landslide at BOS? Returning from YUL would this be a possibility? I can't find any details of times etc on the GE website for YUL. Thanks
Please refer to the following thread:

Enrollment on Arrival is available only when going through passport controls when entering the US.For landside processing without having an appointment, please refer to the Global Entry Walk-In Interviews thread.
TWA884 is offline  
Old Oct 12, 2022, 4:35 pm
  #2208  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Edinburgh
Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Posts: 198
thank you!
beamac is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:38 am
  #2209  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 102
Quick question - I have submitted my application for GE and the website site says:
"Please remember to revisit our website for your application status updates. Notification of when you may schedule an interview appointment (if one is needed) will only be posted here."

Does that mean I have to keep checking the website to see when I have been conditionally approved or will they email me?
The website says application in progress - waiting for conditional approval. However I did not get any confirmation via email that I had submitted / completed my application.
Redmongoose is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:03 am
  #2210  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester
Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Posts: 291
Originally Posted by beamac
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. Arriving in BOS and hoping to do EoA. Flight arrives at 19.30 and office appears to close at 20.00. Travelling in first so hope to be off the plane quickly. What are the chances of getting approved in time? If not can I do this landslide at BOS? Returning from YUL would this be a possibility? I can't find any details of times etc on the GE website for YUL. Thanks
A data point: I arrived similar time in business and got though immigration at 8pm and could not enrol.
icebird is online now  
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:25 am
  #2211  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: AUS
Programs: BA, QF, DL, A3, IHG
Posts: 121
For dual citizens (non-US):

Can anyone confirm if they have GE with a UK passport but use it with another passport + visa/esta to enter the US?
plas is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2022, 2:48 pm
  #2212  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: oneword Emerald
Posts: 20,917
Originally Posted by plas
For dual citizens (non-US):

Can anyone confirm if they have GE with a UK passport but use it with another passport + visa/esta to enter the US?
I doubt it. Global Entry is linked to a passport. Do you have both passports listed in your Trusted Travel profile? It used to be required to scan a passport. It may work now with facial recognition; however, it will likely associate your photo with your UK issued passport.
TWA884 is offline  
Old Oct 19, 2022, 6:57 pm
  #2213  
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
Location: AUS
Programs: BA, QF, DL, A3, IHG
Posts: 121
Originally Posted by TWA884
I doubt it. Global Entry is linked to a passport. Do you have both passports listed in your Trusted Travel profile? It used to be required to scan a passport. It may work now with facial recognition; however, it will likely associate your photo with your UK issued passport.
I have both passports on my ttp profile and in my "membership" tab. But only the UK passport under the "document proving you may enter US"
plas is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:30 pm
  #2214  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 102
Off to the US next week thought I'd see if I could secure CE for GE (new application) before I travel.

18 Oct 08:00 - UK Border Force submission
18 Oct 23:00 - UK Border Code received
19 Oct 01:00 - GE renewal form submitted via TTP
21 Oct 04:00 - Conditional approval received
trolleymusic likes this.
Redmongoose is offline  
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:50 am
  #2215  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by Redmongoose
Quick question - I have submitted my application for GE and the website site says:
"Please remember to revisit our website for your application status updates. Notification of when you may schedule an interview appointment (if one is needed) will only be posted here."

Does that mean I have to keep checking the website to see when I have been conditionally approved or will they email me?
The website says application in progress - waiting for conditional approval. However I did not get any confirmation via email that I had submitted / completed my application.
To answer my own question - they emailed me to say "there had been a recent change of status to my application"
TH310 likes this.
Redmongoose is offline  
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:17 am
  #2216  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 278
22 Oct 11:00 - UK Border Force submission
22 Oct 19:12 - UK Border Code received
22 Oct 20:00 - GE application submitted
24 Oct 04:25 - Full approval received***

*** I have had GE previously but this expired and on an old passport
AlisonB84 is offline  
Old Oct 29, 2022, 5:58 pm
  #2217  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 217
Originally Posted by BA_Pax
OK folks. Confirming that DFW has an Enroll on Arrival separate immigration booth - booth 60 which is the very furthest away from the Global Entry machines. The line manager told me about it when I asked. My BA193 arrived on time. I deplaned at 1702hrs, hit booth 60 at 1708hrs, and my interview was completed 1 minute later. Absolutely superb service.

havnt had the email confirmation yet but the agent said 24-48 hours. He didnt even look at or scan my passport and said the camera recognised me already from previous visits.

good luck all.
I've just finished my application and will be on BA193 mid December hoping to do this. Thanks for the description!
trolleymusic is offline  
Old Oct 30, 2022, 12:33 am
  #2218  
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 102
Data Point: Arrived JFK approx 14:00.
Was one of the first into the empty immigration hall. Asked for EoA, told by the queue managers to tell immigration officer in the booth. He cleared me for immigration and then tilde me to take a seat in the baggage hall. They then cleared the entire flight through immigration before the same very friendly and helpful officer did my interview at the booth.
Redmongoose is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2022, 3:34 am
  #2219  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 217
Just adding another data point about the speed of the application process

29 Oct 10:30 - UK Border Force application submitted
29 Oct 23:00 - UK Border Force code received
30 Oct 12:30 - TTP GE Application submitted
31 Oct 07:30 - Conditional approval received

This was for both myself and my OH
trolleymusic is offline  
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:54 am
  #2220  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 381
Originally Posted by Redmongoose
Data Point: Arrived JFK approx 14:00.
Was one of the first into the empty immigration hall. Asked for EoA, told by the queue managers to tell immigration officer in the booth. He cleared me for immigration and then tilde me to take a seat in the baggage hall. They then cleared the entire flight through immigration before the same very friendly and helpful officer did my interview at the booth.
And another DP from JFK T8 (AA), from approx 2 weeks ago. Arrival around 19:45.
First went to immigration booth 1 (as I thought I understood the instructions), which is used for Diplomats. Was asked to queue in the Visitors line, clear immigration and the officer directed me to line 1 in the Customs area. There was an officer waiting, was processed very quickly in around 10 minutes. Very efficient.
Email confirmation arrived in my inbox 2-3 hrs later. TSA Pre was not active yet for my following morning flight, but worked well a few days later.

Got to use GE through an international transit at DFW last week. It took less than 30 seconds to clear immigration, this is life changing! :-D
mzb00 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.