Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by williamsmj
I just want to confirm my reading of the eligibility criteria at http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-tr...ry/eligibility

I am a UK citizen, so I'm eligible, right? Is it as simple as that?

Have the terms changed? I remember looking into this a year or so back (?) and concluding that I was ineligible because, although I live in the US, I hold a visitor visa (H1B) not a green card.
There's a huge thread over here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1...d-threads.html

Short version is: yes, sign up via the home office (link below), wait about a day for an approval code, then apply for GE via GOES (the usual GE signup system), and pretty much everything else is like a normal GE application.

https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice...ster-to-apply/

(The officers at the enrollment center may or may not be aware that us brits are now eligible, so it can take a little longer until they check with their supervisor and/or their website to verify that you're OK.)
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
I had my interview which went like clockwork at LAX, Thursday afternoon last week, unfortunately I still haven't received my confirmation code? Has anyone else had to wait several days post interview when nothing appeared untoward?

My GOES status still says "Interview Scheduled".

Last edited by Matrick; Jan 26, 2016 at 7:06 am
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Matrick
I had my interview which went like clockwork at LAX, Thursday afternoon last week, unfortunately I still haven't received my confirmation code? Has anyone else had to wait several days post interview when nothing appeared untoward?

My GOES status still says "Interview Scheduled".
I had mine at LAX yesterday (Monday) morning and got approval email couple of hours later.

Did they tell you it could take up to one week?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:33 pm

My colleague and I weren't given a time frame at all. I emailed LAX DHS today and they confirmed that it could take up to three weeks. It just seems odd that everyone else's seems to take mere hours.

We both have a second UK passport for business use, while the other is with an embassy, perhaps this has some bearing.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
To me that sounds like the CBP team have forgotten to complete things at their end, Matrick - I'd give them a buzz to politely enquire
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
To me that sounds like the CBP team have forgotten to complete things at their end, Matrick - I'd give them a buzz to politely enquire
When I tried to call LAX office on Monday to tell them I was running 10 minutes late [due to delayed flight] - nobody answered, there is a voicemail message with the opening hours.

And while I had my interview, phone was ringing a lot, and they didn't seem to bother answering it.

Of course, YMMV.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:37 am

EDIflyer / jms_uk,

I agree, it seemed like they had simply not completed some paperwork. I tried calling and had the answerphone like jms_uk experienced.

The answerphone gave out an email address ( [email protected] ) and asked that enquiries included full name, DOB and GOES ID number. I sent my email yesterday, had a reply an hour later saying that things could take up to three weeks (!) and woke up this morning with the confirmation email!

I am adamant that they had forgotten to complete the paperwork and my email kicked the process into motion again, worth remembering for anyone else with similar delays.

Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by Matrick; Jan 27, 2016 at 3:44 am
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:42 am

Good news - welcome to the club!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Good news - welcome to the club!
Thanks, I was getting worried for a minute
Old Jan 27, 2016, 5:07 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Good new, Matrick - I suspect your interpretation is correct given that the majority of us seem to receive the email as we walk out of the airport from the interview
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:54 am

Hi folks,

I've just returned from a lengthy US trip (87 days x.x), along with having an 8 week stay in the US back in mid June - early August, along with previous US visits back in 2011-2012. I was considering applying for Global Entry after only just realising that it's now open to UK citizens, and maybe planning a 4 week vacation to see my friends again around my interview date. (assuming I make it that far!)

I'm considering applying shortly, but assuming I make it to the interview stage, would I be able to schedule it a few months in advance, say around May? Or should I simply wait for now and apply at a later date? (I'm not sure if I'd want to go earlier than May for my potential interview as I feel CBP would be unhappy about me spending too much time in the US within a short time frame)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Kohryu
I'm considering applying shortly, but assuming I make it to the interview stage, would I be able to schedule it a few months in advance, say around May? Or should I simply wait for now and apply at a later date?
It looks like it depends on the enrollment centre. My wife has an appointment coming up so I just checked for you. In Miami there are currently dates available to July 2016. In JFK you can currently pick dates up to April. Tampa has none at all whatsoever.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Kohryu
I'm considering applying shortly, but assuming I make it to the interview stage, would I be able to schedule it a few months in advance, say around May?
Yep. Some centres don't even have availability that soon

That said, if CBP are going to be unhappy that could happen at the pre-approval stage, so if you're going to wait because of that, applying later might make more sense. (Disclaimer: I have no idea of how that will play into their decision-making at each stage.)
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
It looks like it depends on the enrollment centre. My wife has an appointment coming up so I just checked for you. In Miami there are currently dates available to July 2016. In JFK you can currently pick dates up to April. Tampa has none at all whatsoever.
Thank you for checking for me! I should've mentioned that I'd be aiming for LAX or SFO if possible for my enrolment centre of choice. Interesting though, makes me wonder if either of these two will have any available in May. Good luck to your wife with her interview!

@typical - Hmm, that is a good point. I never thought of it that way. Maybe I should hold off for now and start the whole application process in a couple of months instead.

Thank you both for the responses. Much appreciated!
Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BA, AA, FB
CBP have access to your travel history so applying later rather than sooner should not have any effect on your application. As long as you didn't overstay on any of your visits to the US the number and duration should not matter. In my opinion you would be better off applying sooner so that you can get access to the interview calendar as quickly as possible. If you wait too long there might not be anything available in the time frame you are looking to visit the US again.

Remember - you just need to pick any available interview date within 30 days of having been pre-approved. That date can be the next day or six months away if any centre is scheduling that far out. Once you have booked a slot you can always keep moving it till you find a date that works for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.