Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seawolf
CBSA published NEXUS processing times to get to conditional approval can be found here. The most recently published processing time is below, along with a short history of recent official published times. A longer history of published wait times is here, via the Internet Archive Wayback machine. Please post your personal experiences below in the thread. All posts are appreciated. Thank you/Merci!

5 business days as of 2020-04-29
30 business days as of 2020-02-17
39 business days as of 2019-10-07
40 business days as of 2019-08-28
25 business days as of 2019-04-11

Print Wikipost

NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
I received conditional approval on 10 June after applying on 3 May. Canadian PR with Australian passport.

Now to the challenge of getting an appointment.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: FB Gold, National Executive
This was my timeline (Canadian Citizen):
Applied April 7th, 2022
Conditionally Approved April 25th, 2022
Interview May 26th, 2022
Approved June 6th, 2022

All in all, not too long of a process and better than I expected.

Last edited by A to Z; Jun 10, 2022 at 2:46 pm
Old Jun 10, 2022, 3:02 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by Chalkie
I received conditional approval on 10 June after applying on 3 May. Canadian PR with Australian passport.

Now to the challenge of getting an appointment.
Free appointment checker for NEXUS interviews
Chalkie likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:16 am

Is it just me or that people already have GE have longer wait time to get conditional approval for Nexus...
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:41 am

I called my local Nexus processing center and was told that the website is no longer being updated and that current wait time for conditional approval is estimated at 413 days. It sounded like that might that might just be for US citizens, but it wasn't entirely clear. I don't know how some people are getting conditional approval so quickly, but I've also been waiting for over 10 months.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by macro8
I called my local Nexus processing center and was told that the website is no longer being updated and that current wait time for conditional approval is estimated at 413 days. It sounded like that might that might just be for US citizens, but it wasn't entirely clear. I don't know how some people are getting conditional approval so quickly, but I've also been waiting for over 10 months.
Nice you got through. I've tried my local and no one answers. We're sitting at 409 today. Maybe we will hear by next week for our 1.5 yr old. Agree doesn't make sense that some are weeks to get CA and others so long.

Last edited by Walkinbyfaith; Jun 16, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 11:34 am

I applied August 2021, conditional approval in 14 days, interview in May once the offices opened back up. Husband applied May 2 conditional approval June 15, I logged on to get him an interview, kept refreshing and snagged an interview today 12:30. Done and Done.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:46 pm

Programs: QF Plat / OWE (Lifetime Gold), Aeroplan SE, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Avis Pres't Circle
There has been a flood of appointments become available in Blaine in June 2022 and July 2022 as at 11.45am Pacific time today.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Interestingly, my partners first time application now says "attend in-person OR REMOTE interview". Is that new??? How do we register for that?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Interestingly, my partners first time application now says "attend in-person OR REMOTE interview". Is that new??? How do we register for that?
Please refer to the following thread:
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA884
That thread specifically talks about renewals though - my partner's is a first time application.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Smiley90
That thread specifically talks about renewals though - my partner's is a first time application.
Correct. So far, remote interviews have only been available for renewals. Renewing members already have their photos and fingerprints on file.

Remote Interview Pilot for Trusted Traveler Programs

Eligibility

Some renewing Global Entry members who are conditionally approved are eligible to participate in the pilot. Renewing NEXUS, FAST and SENTRI members will be integrated into the pilot over the next several weeks through a phased approach. First-time TTP applicants are not yet eligible to participate. Due to the temporary restrictions on non-essential travel at U.S. land borders, NEXUS and FAST-North interviews at U.S. and Canadian enrollment centers remain suspended until further notice.

Criteria

To be eligible for the remote interview pilot, TTP members must:
  • Be conditionally approved for a TTP renewal;
  • Be at least 18 years of age;
  • Have a photo on file with CBP that was taken (1) within the past 10 years, and (2) after the applicant was 14 years of age; and
  • Have previously submitted fingerprints to CBP.

Scheduling a Remote Interview

To schedule a remote interview, eligible applicants may log into their TTP dashboard and select the “Scheduling Your Remote Interview” link. CBP recommends that applicants verify their e-mail address of record by using the “Edit Profile” link prior to scheduling a remote interview. Doing so will ensure that the applicant receives appointment details and reminders.
[moderator's hat]

For indexing and future search purposes, please continue the discussion of remote interviews in the referenced thread.

[/moderator's hat]

Last edited by TWA884; Jun 16, 2022 at 1:51 pm
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:02 pm

There has been a flood of appointments become available in Blaine in June 2022 and July 2022 as at 11.45am Pacific time today.
Not just June and July - continuing at various times for the remainder of 2022.

I wonder what changed with resourcing at the Blaine location all of a sudden?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not just June and July - continuing at various times for the remainder of 2022.

I wonder what changed with resourcing at the Blaine location all of a sudden?
It's back to only from October forward, so not much
Wish the airport locations opened sigh
Old Jun 17, 2022, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by justflyme
Is it just me or that people already have GE have longer wait time to get conditional approval for Nexus...
Not just you - I'm a GE member and have been waiting for conditional approval since August 2021. In fact - I've even become a Canadian Citizen since applying for Nexus so that will be fun to get updated...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.